Too much dink & dunk

Hard to score when everything on offence is dink & dunk.This offense does not have enough explosive plays the chew up big yards.We need upgrades at both the TE & running back positons going into next year.Fred Jackson has been a great guy but now has heavy/tired legs and Scott Chandler cannot get enough separation (the 4th down attempt was drive killer).If you want to be a good offense that scores points then you need those quick 5-6 play drives.When you need 15-16 plays to scores, too many things can go wrong.

Edited by Niagara Dude

What happened to the other TE today. Gray was never on the field. I thought he had made a couple of great plays last week.

He was used as both a fullback and as a TE. They didn't work him into the passing game, which was a little odd.

With our offense and CJ back on it dink and dunk ain't that bad when you have the likes of Watkins and Spiller with doses of Dixon and Chandler mixed in. Maybe new guy Gray, too.

He was, but I don't recall him being targeted.

But Goodwin got targeted, so we all need to rejoice on how amazing he is!!!!!

He was, but I don't recall him being targeted.

Yup. He played a lot.

He was open and targeted and successful twice last week, for 35 yards a clip. So we abandoned it. They might look for it.

With our offense and CJ back on it dink and dunk ain't that bad when you have the likes of Watkins and Spiller with doses of Dixon and Chandler mixed in. Maybe new guy Gray, too.

But Goodwin got targeted, so we all need to rejoice on how amazing he is!!!!!

Twice as I recall. That was stupid, too.

Hard to score when everything on offence is dink & dunk.This offense does not have enough explosive plays the chew up big yards.We need upgrades at both the TE & running back positons going into next year.Fred Jackson has been a great guy but now has heavy/tired legs and Scott Chandler cannot get enough separation (the 4th down attempt was drive killer).If you want to be a good offense that scores points then you need those quick 5-6 play drives.When you need 15-16 plays to scores, too many things can go wrong.

The "not taking enough shots" idea you present here is one of my biggest gripes with this offense. It seems like Marrone and Hackett believe that they need to execute 15+ play drives in order to score a touchdown. And if they can't do it, it is because they are not being efficient in the red zone. I call B.S.

They need to take more big play chances on offense and try to get yards in bigger chunks. Stop trying to execute 15+ plays perfectly every drive. It isn't going to happen with enough regularity. They should be trying to get huge chunks of yardage at least once every other set of downs if not more often than that.