Unsportsman like conduct

Sanders will be featured on NFL Network later being credited for his "toughness and swagger" and spirit for firing up the fans.

Same a the tired JJ watt mocking Mettenberger with the selfie sack dance.

Anyone else and that'd be a taunting penalty. On ESPN and NFL.com it's "character".

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials said 37. A williams number is 23. Robey had his hands on the player but close to five yards. It's somewhat hard to believe they would say 37 as the culprit although once in a while they do.

The refs call the wrong number enough that this is believable. And that several Bills reporters made note of this on their own makes it more believable.

The officials said 37. A williams number is 23. Robey had his hands on the player but close to five yards. It's somewhat hard to believe they would say 37 as the culprit although once in a while they do.

It happened 1-2 other times in this game that I noticed and I wasn't looking for that type of problem. I'd say it's very possible, but who knows- I hadn't seen those reports or a replay showing AW so I'm not arguing for or against it, just that it could be an answer to a head scratcher. Ref sees the penalty, goes and chats and then mixes up who was where and calls the wrong guy. Often I think it's less misreading a jersey and more just picking a guy that it might've been that is in the right position group afterwards

Edited by NoSaint

Sanders will be featured on NFL Network later being credited for his "toughness and swagger" and spirit for firing up the fans.

Same a the tired JJ watt mocking Mettenberger with the selfie sack dance.

Anyone else and that'd be a taunting penalty. On ESPN and NFL.com it's "character".

A lot of the taunting stuff is pretty well defined. I would've been surprised if it was called. Sanders isn't getting star treatment.

it may have not been taunting, but wouldn't It be excessive celebrating

we recall woods getting flag for spinning h football after a big catch

Which is a specifically addressed action that the nfl defined for teams as an action that when done near towards an opposing player is a PF

it may have not been taunting, but wouldn't It be excessive celebrating

we recall woods getting flag for spinning h football after a big catch

Which is a specifically addressed action that the nfl defined for teams as an action that when done near towards an opposing player is a PF

Google spinning ball personal foul and enjoy plenty of articles about the nfl defining it as a penalty

GameDay highlight reel showed the Sanders bow and praised him for his toughness.

Dude was decapitated a few weeks ago - I took it as a simple "thumbs up" Or "I'm ok" gesture to the crowd -- not taunting the bills in the slightest. Did you think it was directed at anyone?

If off base, I don't mind but I'm actually surprised anyone's upset over this. If not for the flag on Gilmore/hughes that play Id be amazed to see anyone give it second thought

Edited by NoSaint

so taunting has to be in the eye of the beholder, teriffic

To taunt your opponent the nfl has, more or less, defined it in a way that you have to act directly toward an opponent. Something that annoys opposing teams fans is not a qualifier yet.

Spinning a ball at the feet of the guy you just made a catch on is an example the nfl decided to soecifically codify as it was a common celebration they wanted to modify

Google spinning ball personal foul and enjoy plenty of articles about the nfl defining it as a penalty

Dude was decapitated a few weeks ago - I took it as a simple "thumbs up" Or "I'm ok" gesture to the crowd -- not taunting the bills in the slightest. Did you think it was directed at anyone?

If off base, I don't mind but I'm actually surprised anyone's upset over this. If not for the flag on Gilmore/hughes that play Id be amazed to see anyone give it second thought

I don't know... that sort of bow is tradtionally done after some sort of performance. I think the anger has something to do with the calls coming in as he was bowing. It gave off the impression that he was bowing like he made that happen. He also had this "I'm a badass" look on his face. You're probably right, but you see how it rubs some people the wrong way, don't you?

I don't know... that sort of bow is tradtionally done after some sort of performance. I think the anger has something to do with the calls coming in as he was bowing. It gave off the impression that he was bowing like he made that happen. He also had this "I'm a badass" look on his face. You're probably right, but you see how it rubs some people the wrong way, don't you?

I do - but "I can't believe it wasn't a penalty the game is rigged" and "I don't like sanders attitude" are different reactions and I'm seeing a lot of the first group. I'm not a huge fan of the extracurriculars but didn't think it qualifies as taunting unless I missed something (possible)

I guess I took it as him being a bit of a gladiator and walking off after a huge hit was the feat, not faking an injury to get a pass interference (as it wasn't even on an illegal hit but an early hit which he didn't do anything to sell)

Edited by NoSaint

Did you think Robey committed a penalty? The Gilmore call was a crucial one. The two penalties on the INT returns took them out of great field position--I don't think they ever showed replays of those, so I can't judge. Those are minimum 6 points taken away from the Bills and two scores given to the Broncos.

Feeblest call, next to the teamate helmet slap, that I've seen all year.......... : /

He really looked like a guy dazed from getting hit in the head. He basically said haha tricked you right in front of the refs and they called it anyway.

They threw the flag but were huddled, why couldn't one of them say "look at him - he's mocking that he's actually ok and drew a flag before we announced it".

He really looked like a guy dazed from getting hit in the head. He basically said haha tricked you right in front of the refs and they called it anyway.

They threw the flag but were huddled, why couldn't one of them say "look at him - he's mocking that he's actually ok and drew a flag before we announced it".

Glad we hammered him several more times after that BS.....

I do - but "I can't believe it wasn't a penalty the game is rigged" and "I don't like sanders attitude" are different reactions and I'm seeing a lot of the first group. I'm not a huge fan of the extracurriculars but didn't think it qualifies as taunting unless I missed something (possible)

I guess I took it as him being a bit of a gladiator and walking off after a huge hit was the feat, not faking an injury to get a pass interference (as it wasn't even on an illegal hit but an early hit which he didn't do anything to sell)

And you're not wrong. Really wish I knew what Hughes did.

And you're not wrong. Really wish I knew what Hughes did.

That's my main thing with that play. As hughes was benched for nearly 2 quarters I'm very curious. It must've been substantial (or marrone has some strict policy on too many PFs)