Refs for today?

norton20

yes there was some questionable calls yesterday, but players crying about it won't change the results, if anything it will put a bigger target on their backs, Officials don't like being called out, and like all human's they have a long memory, how about this suit up shut up, and play the game or go home get in your highchair and bang away

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will say this, beyond how terrible the referees have been at the Bills expense, officiating around the league is just as bad. Somewhere along the way officials went from calling what they see, to looking for calls to make. It's made the game (in my opinion) borderline unwatchable. This year has been the least I've watched football in my life. Primarily because the game has become way over engineered and officials are way to prominent.

Officiating is bad across the league, but your wrong in this case. I have 4tvs going at a time on Sundays and I see lots of bad calls. But usually the refs make bad calls on both sides. There's usually a make up call or two when there's bad calls. Just last night in Pats gm. The refs blew s call that led to an interception by the Pats. It was negated for a hit to the head. But the hit was clean. There mistake. 2 plays later they made up for it by calling a bogus PI on Malcom Floyd. The refs made up for there bad call.

The Bills gm was completely one sided officiating, the interference on Chandler on 4th & 6, the defender face guarded him and grabed his arm. The head butt play, the fantom calls on the pk returns, late hit on Jackson, The Roby call, The Gilmore interference call, the Anderson Td was short, and to top it all off the pk 6 they tried to give them when the ball clearly hit the floor. These aren't just bad calls there crippling calls that changed the gm. We would need a mathematician to figure out how many pts these calls added up to. So all in all, Refs make mistakes that's true. But when u add all these up it's not mistaken its on purpose. It's way to one sided in a big game.

Fans should bring flags of their own and when the refs throw a BS flag on us, all 60000 throw the flag into the field at the same time. the game will be delayed and the NFL will take notice.

I'm with it

There were a ton of bad calls. I don't think anyone has even mentioned the spot of the ball when Hogan caught the ball with about 2 minutes and change left in the game. Clearly, he was across the line for a first down. The ball was spotted a yard back (while the clock kept running), making it 4th and 1.

I'm not sure why it wasn't challenged by Marrone, unless it was past the point in the game at which they can no longer challenge or he didn't want to risk losing a time out.

The Bills did get the first down on the next play, in spite of the bad spot and extra precious seconds taken off the clock.

Later that same day.....watching the Chargers/Patriots....there was a play when Rivers threw a ball to a receiver running towards the end zone. The Patriot defender was molesting the receiver, pulling at his jersey and his hands all over him. The official was standing right there at the goal line. No PI call there. Not for the darling Patriots. I'm thinking to myself, "but Gilmore gets flagged for textbook pass defense a couple weeks ago when his left hand was in light contact with the receiver's back as he reached around to bat the ball away?" And of course yesterday, Gilmore times a hit perfectly, but gets flagged. The lack of consistency is what drives me crazy. Fortunately, River threw a TD pass on the next play and the non-call didn't effect the outcome.

The Bills could have made plays to negate the poor officiating, but they didn't. It's very possible the Bills could have won the game without the refs giving the Broncos all the breaks. We'll never know. But one thing is for sure - the Bills are not a championship team and won't be until they execute better. Orton is doing a good job with his natural talent. He's a decent enough game manager. The problem is he can't make the throws unless his feet are planted perfectly and he doesn't have to move. Even with that, it dubious. If the Bills had a passer with good field vision, who was at least minimally mobile, and could hit their target consistently, they'd be one of the top tier team in the AFC. Maybe then the officials would give them a break.

After watching Orton and then watching Brady throw frozen rope darts to his receivers in the night game, it's clear the Bills are still a good QB away from any realistic playoff hope.

that hogan play where the ball was spotted short of the first down I think was spotted there because hogan himself cut back and went behind the first down line on his own. So what ever forward progress he had was negated by him doing that. It wouldn't be a hogan catch if he wasn't a yard short lol.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/rubbed-the-wrong-way-20141207

“The ref came up to me before the game saying, ‘I’m watching you,’ as far me holding and stuff like that,” Gilmore said. “I’m like, ‘Why you coming up to me?’ You’ve just got to put it behind you and play.”

WTF?