Ditka 'embarrassed' for Rams involved in 'hands up Protest

HOUSE

Mike Ditka has weighed in on the recent St. Louis Rams/Ferguson protest, and as usual, he left no room for misinterpretation of his words or intent.

"I’m embarrassed for the players more than anything," Ditka said in his weekly Chicago Sun-Times column. "They want to take a political stand on this? Well, there are a lot of other things that have happened in our society that people have not stood up and disagreed about."< SNIP >

http://sports.yahoo....-194346168.html

-

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. The Black community is choosing the wrong guy and issue to rally around. The guy committed a crime , was shouting obscenities and was struggling with the police.

I respect Ditka for speaking out

Agreed. The Black community is choosing the wrong guy and issue to rally around. The guy committed a crime , was shouting obscenities and was struggling with the police.

So it's ok to chase after him and shoot him dead? He wasn't shot and killed while struggling with the police. Yeah, that's appropriate punishment. I must have missed it when the death penalty was imposed on alleged shoplifters and obscenity shouters. Besides, it is a somewhat moot point since the black community has another person to rally around who was executed for simply being big, black and protesting his innocence. Or perhaps a better cause would be that 12 year old black kid in Cleveland who was gunned down by police for playing with a toy gun - and the statements given by the police in the matter are clearly shown to be lies given the indisputable video evidence. Well, he was tall for a 12 year old, so I guess it was ok to take his life.

As far as I am concerned, Ditka can go F himself.

So it's ok to chase after him and shoot him dead? He wasn't shot and killed while struggling with the police. Yeah, that's appropriate punishment. I must have missed it when the death penalty was imposed on alleged shoplifters and obscenity shouters. Besides, it is a somewhat moot point since the black community has another person to rally around who was executed for simply being big, black and protesting his innocence. Or perhaps a better cause would be that 12 year old black kid in Cleveland who was gunned down by police for playing with a toy gun - and the statements given by the police in the matter are clearly shown to be lies given the indisputable video evidence. Well, he was tall for a 12 year old, so I guess it was ok to take his life.

This kind of ignorance is better suited for PPP, methinks.

i have strong feelings about this stuff - and judging by most of the posts/shouts around TBD, my opinions will be unpopular so i won't get into them here, besides, a buffalo bills forum is not the place: this seems like an off-the-wall, ferguson thread that has been posted based on the pretense of it being NFL news, it has only the smallest sliver of football relevancy and should be moved off the stadium wall in order to preserve the wall's sanctity.

:lol:

Is that what Mr Sharpton told you?

It's his job to chase a person that just committed a crime. I'm sure he's like I wish I could just go back to my car and F this damn job, but he has a duty to not let people like that walk away.

"They want to take a political stand on this? Well, there are a lot of other things that have happened in our society that people have not stood up and disagreed about."

So... People shouldn't protest anything because there's other stuff that people aren't protesting because you shouldn't protest anything in the first place.

CTE is a hell of a drug.

Really? I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. Interested?

Yes, how much ? :nana:

That was rather comfortably naive.

I have never had problems with the police.........never.

Some people believe confronting the police will make them leave. Now thats naive

Edited by HOUSE

Bottom line, follow the laws and you will never see the police.

I majored in Rocket Science

My one black roommate in college got harassed by police at an airport for "looking like a thug." My car was tailed by police for over 30 minutes as we headed back to our dorm. There are some ****ty police and many more great policemen.

Bottom line, follow the laws and you will never see the police.

I majored in Rocket Science

"Bottom line"...what a load of crap.

You're dreaming. I'm a white guy, and have been hassled by the police for no other reason than to harass me. If you think that is out of the ordinary, you must be the most non-threatening white male in America.