The experts take, week 14 Bills at Broncos

CodeMonkey

One thing is sure - if the Bills DO win, all you will hear is how the Broncos failed.

They usually say that no matter who the bills beat (except the Jets this season). I'm pretty sure anyone that didn't watch the cleveland game would think Manziel won the game single handed.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely, but even with our crap offense, there's no way this defense gives up 42 unless something catastrophic happens, or we've been mislead this entire season.

Well they did get lit up for 37 by Brady and company. They have improved since then, so let's hope not.

If the Bills give up 42 points, then this defense is nowhere near elite.

the broncos D have up that much to the pats and almost that to the fish. Is the Broncos D elite? I don't care who is or isn't "elite" just win the damn game. Edited by YoloinOhio

observation / schit that pops into my head .....

Denver has had 2 very good weeks rushing the ball. The Dolfins - allowed 200 yds rushing and only 257 passing AND had to score 22 in the 4th to win.

The Chiefs - allowed 200 yds rushing and only 179 passing and sacked Alex Smith 6 times.

Honestly, I don't think they'll have 200 combined rushing yards for a 3rd straight week.

Disguise the D alignment and pressure Manning early and often. PLAY 60!!! those are the keys ....

Oh and I see 1 or 2 60+ FG's from Carpenter

I think the Bills will come out better then people think. I don't think it will be a cakewalk for any team and anticipate a close score at the half. Definitely see Denver wearing us down and beginning to pull ahead as our offense struggles with any adjustments by the Denver crew. Hackett is not known for his curve ball and I'm fully expect he will come out pitching heat. How long Orton can ride that, that's what matters.

This week, following BF4E I expect to see the final test on Gay. If he goes to Denver and blasts the ball out of the EZ he will stay the rest of the season. If not, Spiller takes his place the last few weeks, mostly if we lose.

The biggest questions I have for everyone is how many points do the Bills need to outscore Manning? Of course, that's contingent on how many points can the D hold him to... But I'm think 30 points can win this game. Manning has had his performances masked the last few weeks by RB's. Let's put it back on him. Its our only chance.

My thoughts are as follows:

1. Offensively we need to score points, in the 20s for sure, just to be competitive. That means not turning the ball over, yet not playing too conservatively. We need to extend drives and finish some of them.

2. Control their running game and get pressure up the middle on the rush. Our strength needs to have an impact on this game and keep them one-dimensional.

3. Expect that they may complete some passes and move the ball between the 20s, but don't panic, tighten up in the redone and force field goals. 3 instead of 7 is HUGE! 5 FGS is 15 pts, 5 TDS is 35!

4. Finally, if we do all these things, we have a fighting chance to compete. And, hope that something happens like an turnover or two from them or a big special teams play.

As a final, hope like hell like refs don't influence the game if we are competing. Always, a big question mark in this rules environment.

My big question marks for the game start with whether the Bills get pressure with just 4. I think if they don't that's bad. If they send more than 4, I think that's going to end badly as well. From there defensively, do our corners (as they have been doing all year) start off giving a 5-7 yard cushion to opposing WR's? If they do, that will be bad. Manning will eat us alive. Got to make him beat you with plays that take time to develop such that you give time for the front 4 to do their thing. I'm not worried about the running game. Bills have done an excellent job for the most part in that department. Just don't want to see big plays ala Jamaal Charles did to them. Offensively, bigger questions. Can the offense stay on the field and move the ball? Too many short possessions in that Cleveland game make me worry a little. Can they finally deliver in the red zone? 1 for 11 TD's versus Cleveland is horrible. The Broncos offense has a whopping 81% TD rate in the red zone at home. That's downright nuts.

Edited by Luxy312

Week 14 NFL picks: Plenty of potential for plot twists in NFL's closing weeks

I don’t know how I overlooked this, but Kyle Orton’s homecoming to Denver isn’t getting much buzz this week. Remember when he found himself pitted against the phenomena known as Tim Tebow in the 2011 preseason, easily winning the starting quarterback job but losing the battle for the hearts and minds of Broncos fans? Orton looked sloppy in an intrasquad scrimmage that summer, and the fans let him know it, prompting one memorably brilliant headline of the episode: "Orton hears a boo." Orton left Denver that November, and eventually Tebow made his exit, too. And now, in the minds of most Broncos fans, they probably think they went straight from the Elway era to the Manning era. But believe it or not, there were about 13 years or so in between. I looked it up.

broncos-bills-week-14.jpg

just finished watching game prediction show on NFL Network, one brave soul picked the Bills, other two clowns were snickering and laughing at the pic,All I could think of at the moment was, "he who laughs last, laughs the best, here to the Bills having the last laugh,"if all game winners or losers, were sure things, they wouldn't need t play the games, now would they

Sunday game could be titled as the best star wars movie ever, the title is simple "RETURN OF THE ORTON I"

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US :thumbsup:

If our defense is as elite as wed like to think they are, this is a statement game. Weve all been watching football long enough to know what a dominate superbowl calibre defense look like and we may have that potential. A great defense can take over a game. Lets see if our D is good or great

Nate Silvers Elo Rating: 79% chance that the Bronco's win. (http://fivethirtyeig...d-playoff-odds/)

Chance of making the playoffs: 6%

CBS With Spread (Bills +10.5): 6 take the Bills and 2 take the Broncos

CBS Straight Up: All 8 plus the computer take the Broncos ... shocking I know ;). (http://www.cbssports.../straight-up/14)

ESPN: 12 and the computer take the Broncos and 1 (Ditka) take the Bills. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks)

Microsofts Cortana: Broncos win, 77.8% chance (http://www.businessi...week-14-2014-12)

All this amounts to a hill of beans once the whistle blows and the pads starts popping...GO Bills!