1. 1. Have you been to the Rockpile/Rich/Ralph for a game

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow, I only managed to get tickets for Bills-Bears games. I can't get to too many games, but I convinced my parents to take me when I was little to our 35-20 game (record team attendence!) in 1991, then a Cade McNown/Shane Matthews team later in the 90s and finally, our OT win in 2002. It's really odd.

I've never been to a game there, but I did make a pilgrimage to the Ralph last October, so I've been to RWS.

I would like to go to a game sometime...hopefully, in the not-too-distant future. Now if I can only convince my wife... :(:(

Mike

I have been to 73 home games (had season tickets from 81 to 88, try to make it up for at least one game every year since moving away) and still have every ticket stubb! My first game was the first game played at Rich Stadium in 1973, against the Redskins. My dad would never let me go with him to games at the Rockpile! I was too young, probably wouldn't remember them if I had gone!

I have also been to 23 road games, only 4 games away from the 100 mark! I am already planning to go to the road games against the Bucs and Saints this coming season (depending on when they are) and a home game! That will leave me at 99!

I went to a few games at the Rockpile as a kid. It was wild,you were permitted to bring anything you wanted into the stadium. Guys brought in beer by the cases, even kegs of beer, not to mention the liquor. To bad I was too young to drink. I had season tickets at Rich - club level on the 30 untill I moved to Fla. in 1984.

I've never been to a game there, but I did make a pilgrimage to the Ralph last October, so I've been to RWS.

I would like to go to a game sometime...hopefully, in the not-too-distant future.  Now if I can only convince my wife...  :(  :(

Mike

226649[/snapback]

I'm sure there are area malls where you can drop her that will entertain her for 3 hours or more. :D

I've never been to a Bills game and the only game I've ever been to was a Redskins/Raiders game during the Mark Rypien era in Washington. I am still young tho(20) and I hope to definitly get to a game in the next 3-5 years at least. GO BILLS

Went to one game a few years ago, Flutie played against the Jets. Had an absolute BLAST!!! Met Jerry Ostrowski in the Airport, he was picking up his Dad. What a great guy, he followed us out to our rental car and shot the sheet for quite some time. Can't wait to get back. My tailgate pictures are priceless, and didn't know a soul before I got there.

I live in DC but have had season tickets for the past 2 years. Usually make it to 3 games and sell the rest. I like having seats in the lower level which are hard to get when you just buy individual games.

Guest BackInDaDay

I did see the Gogolak brothers battle it out in a 6-3 victory for the Bills over the Giants at the old Yankee Stadium. I was 9 or 10, my dad got us infield seats, which was right-centerfield. The playing field was 75 yards away, and when something happened, everybody would stand. I didn't see much that day.

I also saw Biscuit's debut against the Jets at the Meadowland's. Great seats, my oldest son, 9 then, got an autograph from Metzelaars.

I've lived and died with the Bills for 39 years, and never felt it necessary to see them play at home. Odd, I know. The September of Kelly's coming out party in Buffalo, my wife and I were in Niagra Falls. People's Express flew right over Rich Stadium. That's as close as I ever got. :(

12 regular season games (11 with Bill from NYC and friends.) (One of the games was the Flutie "bootleg" game vs. Jacksonville in '98)

1 Pre-season game

1 Playoff Game (The last win -- 37-22 vs Miami on 12/30/95. Ran all over them all day long. Too bad Bruce had the flu the following week vs. Pittsburgh.)

Go Bills!!!!

My first game was the Bills vs. Bengals game, Dec. 29, 2002.

If there was ever any doubt that I'd be a Bills fan for life, the first sight of Ralph Wilson Stadium settled it. We pulled up the Saturday night before the game, just to make sure we knew where we'd be going the next day...it was snowing and there were probably about 30 RVs parked together with a big group of people partying around burning barrels. That was the part where I knew...

My Bengals fan friends were quite impressed with how passionate Bills fans are as well.