EJ Manuel appears much improved

HOUSE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the haters. EJ will be in Buffalo for a few more seasons. He's here to "develop" on the bench and learn from the guy with experience.

so let the haters hate and hope they don't choke on their turkey.

Seriously....jets knew he was going to hand it off....

Do a flea flicker!!!!

are the Bills the Putrids that need to run up the score?

I'd have liked to seen him get in earlier as well to get game time reps. There is a danger risk of leaving a starter in with a 3 TD scoring lead in the 4th.

Making jokes about Colin Brown/Cyril Richardson/TJ Graham as a Bill/Erik Pears/Stephon Gilmore = fine. Making jokes about EJ Manuel = grow up people you're so pathetic!

I guess I wasn't here on the days when the dozens of new threads mocking each of those players were created.

I guess I wasn't here on the days when the dozens of new threads mocking each of those players were created.

You've never seen anyone mock those players? You've never heard of the Gilmore cushion? You've never seen GreggyT froth in rage saying Pears is so incompetent, he couldn't be a movie theater security guard? You've never seen the hundreds of TJ Graham is the worst threads?

One thread was made as a joke about how EJ didn't really get a chance to do anything at the end of the 4th quarter. He handed the ball off three times, this thread made fun of that. It didn't take shots at his family, his character, or anything important. All the Francises racing in here calling it "classless" need to lighten up. EJ isn't a delicate flower than no one can say a word about.

Edited by FireChan

You've never seen anyone mock those players?

In most cases, no. Who mocks Gilmore? His play has been criticized from time to time but that's not the same thing. Really, please link me to all the threads that have absolutely zero football value and were created simply to mock Gilmore's abilities because I don't recall seeing them. Same for all the others, save maybe Graham, who was mocked primarily for not being Russell Wilson -- and that was usually more mocking of OBD's decision making than of the player himself.

In most cases, no. Who mocks Gilmore? His play has been criticized from time to time but that's not the same thing. Really, please link me to all the threads that have absolutely zero football value and were created simply to mock Gilmore's abilities because I don't recall seeing them. Same for all the others, save maybe Graham, who was mocked primarily for not being Russell Wilson -- and that was usually more mocking of OBD's decision making than of the player himself.

I think you're attempting to split hairs here. Nothing said in this thread is worse than anything ever said about any other average or mediocre player on the Bills. Chris Kelsay? Sure, never got mocked. Always well-respected.

Edited by FireChan

I think you're attempting to split hairs here. Nothing said in this thread is worse than anything ever said about any other average or mediocre player on the Bills. Chris Kelsay? Sure, never got mocked. Always well-respected.

But Chris Kelsay never gave me a stiffy, so !@#$ him.

Yes it is a good call to put the backup QB in when you are in situations like that.

One of the more important things it does is to signal the opponent that you don't intend to run up the score.

You are being a sportsman and happy to just run the clock out at that point.

Bellichick, the coach that so many Bills fans seem to have a man crush on, would have kept Brady in and kept throwing the ball trying to score.

Marrone just out-classed Bellichick this week.

Virtually every coach in the NFL "out-classes" Belichick EVERY week...he just wins.

Crazy that a 1st round QB who has a bunch of wins under his belt has more fans than a 3rd round receiver who made like 2 plays in his whole career.

hey wait, dont forget TJ made a nice block in the back penalty last night on a punt return.

you cant teach that kind of skill

The initial post hardly was mocking EJ as much as it was showing how asinine it was putting him in there to hand off the ball. Orton could have just kneeled down then punted it back to the Jets. If they are going to put him in there maybe allow him to actually play. I think that was the point of the post.

Of course, that has its own issues. People might start calling for EJ when Orton struggles, but most likely they will do that anyway. That was a perfect opportunity for EJ to go out and sling the ball around.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

The initial post hardly was mocking EJ as much as it was showing how asinine it was putting him in there to hand off the ball. Orton could have just kneeled down then punted it back to the Jets. If they are going to put him in there maybe allow him to actually play. I think that was the point of the post.

Of course, that has its own issues. People might start calling for EJ when Orton struggles, but most likely they will do that anyway. That was a perfect opportunity for EJ to go out and sling the ball around.

Yeah, it was really pointless, and even a little degrading. He at least should have gone in the previous series. The guy was the starter, and has already taken a massive amount of abuse, and humiliation. his status appears to be just above "water boy" at this point.

For all the criticism of Belichick running up the score, I like the idea that a team is always working on their own game. A blowout is a chance to give guys experience, try new plays, work out some problems.

For the haters. EJ will be in Buffalo for a few more seasons. He's here to "develop" on the bench and learn from the guy with experience.

so let the haters hate and hope they don't choke on their turkey.

are the Bills the Putrids that need to run up the score?

I'd have liked to seen him get in earlier as well to get game time reps. There is a danger risk of leaving a starter in with a 3 TD scoring lead in the 4th.

The Bills defense probably only has 1 to 2 seasons left before free agency and natural attrition cause drop offs in our D line. Fred has maybe 1 season left in the tank. Are the Bills willing to keep a long term project QB on roster to backup or position as starter, or will they try to make a splash with the acquisition of another free agent QB to compete with Kyle?

For all the criticism of Belichick running up the score, I like the idea that a team is always working on their own game. A blowout is a chance to give guys experience, try new plays, work out some problems.

and get people injured

Totally disagree EJ was sent in for mop up, and that's what back ups do

You don't go running up the score to work on your game. that's the unwritten rule.

and the hater fest that Bills fans have DEVOLVED INTO is sad pathetic and nauseating. I might get frustrated with the team but I can walk away without acting like a bitter douche. Obviously others are what they are...

EJ did look a lot sharper handing the ball off. I am fine with Marrone not putting him in there sooner, but it really pissed me off that EJ didn't get to throw on third and nine. This guy is only one play away from being back in there, we're leading 38-3 with less than 3 minutes left. Worst case he throws a pick-6 and then we're only leading by ummm 28. Let the guy throw for a first down and get some meaningful work out of it!

EJ did look a lot sharper handing the ball off. I am fine with Marrone not putting him in there sooner, but it really pissed me off that EJ didn't get to throw on third and nine. This guy is only one play away from being back in there, we're leading 38-3 with less than 3 minutes left. Worst case he throws a pick-6 and then we're only leading by ummm 28. Let the guy throw for a first down and get some meaningful work out of it!

knowing EJ, they probably called a pass and EJ checked out of it at the LOS because thats how EJ rolls

and get people injured

Totally disagree EJ was sent in for mop up, and that's what back ups do

You don't go running up the score to work on your game. that's the unwritten rule.

and the hater fest that Bills fans have DEVOLVED INTO is sad pathetic and nauseating. I might get frustrated with the team but I can walk away without acting like a bitter douche. Obviously others are what they are...

What?

What about my post was "bitter"?

I just want to see the team improve. Putting in EJ halfway through the 4th quarter would not be considered trying to run up the score (ignore obvious joke). Putting in backups to gain experience is not running up the score either.

Players often get injured when they are playing "half speed", all the more reason to put back ups out there.

Edited by HoF Watkins