Week 13: Browns' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Bills vs Cleveland Browns Preview: Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins and Matchups To Watch

By Robert Quinn

B3eW8SBCUAAvvRx.jpg

This Sunday, the Buffalo Bills (6-5) return to Ralph Wilson Stadium to face off with the Cleveland Browns (7-4). The game has quite a few off-field storylines, as Browns’ head coach Mike Pettine had great success as the Bills’ defensive coordinator last year, while Donte Whitner will be playing in Buffalo for the first time as an opponent. The Browns are the team that the Bills traded their first-round draft picks in 2013 and 2014 to in order to move up for Sammy Watkins. Cleveland has quietly marched to a 7-4 record in a way that nobody envisioned prior to the season.

Here are some matchups to keep an eye on during Sunday’s game.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

anyone think Gilmore will follow Gordon around ?

Robert Quinn mentions get a safety over the top to help out Gilmore. I would put Graham on him with safety help so Gilmore can play one on one against Miles Austin > Or will the Bills play more zone against Hoyer

I've watched all but two Browns games this season. Their two worst games have come against the two teams with the two best defensive lines they've seen - Houston and Jax. That's the reason I think the Bills will win although Josh Gordon is back and the impact he makes shouldn't be overlooked.

I've watched all but two Browns games this season. Their two worst games have come against the two teams with the two best defensive lines they've seen - Houston and Jax. That's the reason I think the Bills will win although Josh Gordon is back and the impact he makes shouldn't be overlooked.

he looks really good. We will need to keep the offense off the field. I agree the Bills look like they should win the LOS. But he is certainly a game changer, who they have only one game of film on in this offense (not counting preseason).

Robert Quinn mentions get a safety over the top to help out Gilmore. I would put Graham on him with safety help so Gilmore can play one on one against Miles Austin > Or will the Bills play more zone against Hoyer

The issue of how to deal with Gordon is partly contingent upon whether Cameron plays. You have to really account for him when he's in the lineup. If Cameron plays, I would probably have Bradham be responsible for him and deal with Gordon by rolling coverage his way.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Joe B said on WGR that Gilmore said they would be playing zone. I expect a similar game plan to how they played Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett

Video: Preview of Cleveland Browns at Buffalo Bills with Mary Kay Cabot and Tom Reed (4:41)

The Cleveland Browns (7-4) look to win their second straight road game Sunday when they travel to Buffalo to play the Bills (6-5) at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

It will be a homecoming for Browns head coach Mike Pettine who was the Bills defensive coordinator last year before being hired in Cleveland.

Josh Gordon got 'careless and reckless' after All-Pro celebrity hoopla, he admits in TV interview

Browns All-Pro receiver Josh Gordon admitted that he got caught up in his celebrity status after leading the NFL with 1,646 yards last season, which led to his 10-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

"The Josh Gordon off the field from last year was due to the Josh Gordon on the field from last year,'' he told good friend and former Browns receiver Nate Burleson in an interview to air Sunday at 9 a.m. on NFL Network. "Most of that trouble I think stemmed off of the crazy hysteria that was happening after the season. It was just so much free time, so much publicity and opportunities and people coming at you, and just being careless and reckless."

Nike uniform of Week 13

Each week Nike presents the Uniform of the Week where you’ll see a photo of the combination your Buffalo Bills will be wearing on the field.

The uniform combo for the Week 13 game between the Cleveland Browns and the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium will be the team’s royal blue jerseys on white pants

nike-uniform-of-the-week.jpg?w=550&h=657

Here are the Bills uniform combinations so far in 2014:

Week 1 at Chicago Bears: White / White

Week 2 vs. Miami Dolphins: Throwback White / White

Week 3 vs. San Diego Chargers: Blue / White

Week 4 at Houston Texans: White / White

Week 5 at Detroit Lions: White / Blue

Week 6 vs. New England Patriots: Blue / White

Week 7 vs. Minnesota Vikings: White / White

Week 8 at New York Jets: White / Blue

Week 9 bye

Week 10 vs. Kansas City Chiefs: Blue / White