Patriots look scary good...

Dragonborn10

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't won :censored: since they were busted for cheating. Brown, Lombardi, Shula, Noll, and Walsh all better coaches.

Just for the reason of keeping your response some what relevant. I would seriously consider removing Shula from your list. My lord even Marv had his number. The undefeated season has nothing on the hoody's * dominance of the conference for a very long time. Not to mention the division dominance which is laughable. trust me I Really dislike the guy but Shula couldn't hold his jock for gameday coaching and just complete dominance of his opponents.

You are prisoner of the moment. That 2007 team was one of the best teams in NFL history.

That team got up a couple scores on teams early, and forced them to abandon their run game. With Gronk healthy, this O is just as capable of making you play catchup - but now they can shutdown your #1 receiver with Revis, and give help where needed. This adds a dimension the old team didn't have.. and they were as you say - one of the best

Just for the reason of keeping your response some what relevant. I would seriously consider removing Shula from your list. My lord even Marv had his number. The undefeated season has nothing on the hoody's * dominance of the conference for a very long time. Not to mention the division dominance which is laughable. trust me I Really dislike the guy but Shula couldn't hold his jock for gameday coaching and just complete dominance of his opponents.

Shula built two franchises into winners in Baltimore and Miami. Definitely an all time great coach. Belichick has dominated a division with three dysfunctional franchises and won each of his three Super bowls by a FG with a competitive advantage (FN cheater!). BFD! Shula's 70's teams had to compete against the Steelers and Raiders in the AFC. Two other great teams!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Belichick has dominated in an era where the salary cap is meant for parity amongst the league.

Though we'll never know how the other HC's mentioned in the same breath as Belichick would have done with such a significant restriction, I think most anyone who views this with any sense of objectivity, will see why Belichick is already viewed as the best ever by many.

A bunch more wins and it'll be a no brainer.

Belichick has dominated in an era where the salary cap is meant for parity amongst the league.

Though we'll never know how the other HC's mentioned in the same breath as Belichick would have done with such a significant restriction, I think most anyone who views this with any sense of objectivity, will see why Belichick is already viewed as the best ever by many.

A bunch more wins and it'll be a no brainer.

Dominated? The only dominant team he had was in the regular season when they went 16-0, but lost the SB to the Giants. They haven't dominated anything except for a weak AFC East.

It's a legitimate debate as to where he stacks up among the all time great coaches.

There is no real answer for that, because the NFL, and circumstances have changed so much. But knock yerself out...

All I know is that, in what is easily the most strategically sophisticated era of football, he has been the premier coach for over a decade.

That team got up a couple scores on teams early, and forced them to abandon their run game. With Gronk healthy, this O is just as capable of making you play catchup - but now they can shutdown your #1 receiver with Revis, and give help where needed. This adds a dimension the old team didn't have.. and they were as you say - one of the best

The 07 team has Asante Samual who was no slouch. That team was unbelievable