Does New England win any Superbowls if with Drew?

Pete

Does New England win any Superbowls at all if Drew is still there?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Does New England win any Superbowls at all if Drew is still there?

• yes
    • no

:(

226684[/snapback]

You mentioned the Pats defensive collapse in last year's SB, in which Ty Poole was a major culprit if memory serves.

He hasn't played in at least a month and your comment got me wondering if the 2 week break was going to be enough time for him to get back on the field in time for this year's Super Bowl.

So, is Ty Poole playing Sunday?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mentioned the Pats defensive collapse in last year's SB, in which Ty Poole was a major culprit if memory serves.

He hasn't played in at least a month and your comment got me wondering if the 2 week break was going to be enough time for him to get back on the field in time for this year's Super Bowl.

So, is Ty Poole playing Sunday?

Ah, I see. To answer your question, Poole's been on IR for quite some time now. Off the top of my head, I think he went on sometime near...week 12, maybe?

The starting corners should be Asante Samuel and Randall Gay, with Troy Brown and Hank Poteat seeing time in nickle and dime packages, respectively.

(EDIT: And your memory serves you very well. Steve Smith made Poole his B word last year.)

Poole's been on IR for quite some time now. Off the top of my head, I think he went on sometime near...week 12, maybe?

Oooofff, didn't realize that.

I was really disappointed when they put Law on IR and hadn't realized they shut down Poole for the year as well.

I guess I'm bummed about that too, but for entirely different reasons. :(

Cya

To be fair, Simon, when it comes to throwing bad picks, nobody throws a pick in the endzone like Tom Brady. Did it in the AFC Championship Game. Did it in the SB. Both were at critical junctures and had his defense not bailed him out, the only designation of MVP he would have earned would be Most Valuable Person who almost lost the game.

Don't get me wrong. I think Brady is a quality quarterback who keeps getting better. But for the love of God, you at least need to acknowledge that without the D, Brady in big games is average at best.

226455[/snapback]

Among playoff quarterbacks with more than 150 passes attempted, Tom Brady currently has the lowest interception percentage of all time at 1.11.

Among playoff quarterbacks with more than 150 passes attempted, Tom Brady currently has the lowest interception percentage of all time at 1.11.

226816[/snapback]

this thread -- in which bledsoe has been compared favorably to brady on numerous occasions -- needs to stop!! people, stop deluding yourselves!! simon supplies the relevant details, but all you you need to know is that brady is 10 times the qb that bledsoe ever was, is, and will be.

this thread -- in which bledsoe has been compared favorably to brady on numerous occasions -- needs to stop!! people, stop deluding yourselves!! simon supplies the relevant details, but all you you need to know is that brady is 10 times the qb that bledsoe ever was, is, and will be.

226914[/snapback]

I have read on this board this year Drew being compared to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Dante Culpepper, John Elway and other assinine comparisons. The depth of the Drew supporters madness fuggin astounds me!

I have read on this board this year Drew being compared to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Dante Culpepper, John Elway and other assinine comparisons.  The depth of the Drew supporters madness fuggin astounds me!

226918[/snapback]

I myself like to compare Drew to an immobile Ray Lucas.......clueless!!!! :(

Because the opponent scored more than the starting QB did.

In baseball, if you're up 1-0 and you pull the starting pitcher and end up winning the game 10-5, the relief pitcher gets the win.

226020[/snapback]

Thats not true. If the lead is never reliquenched and the starter goes 5 innings he gets the win. Go ahead and rewrite baseball rules to try and sustain your incorrect Drew argument. Offical football stats credit Brady with the win

"Bledsoe was spectacular in that game, and single-handedly beat a Pittsburgh team that was beating the Patriots until Brady left."

if by singlehandedly you mean 7 points by the D and 7 by the S.T.

227856[/snapback]

Dont forget "2nd- Brady did NOT... I repeat, did NOT have a lot to do with the Superbowl wins either. Most overrated MVP EVER!!! Remember, it was all Viniateri." :(:(:w00t:

Nor dont forget "3rd- Bledsoe is a very streaky quarterback. When he is confident, he is one of the best in the league (yes better than Brady).......The Patriots, and their genius coaches, would have had Bledsoe keep his confidence, and he would have played supremely well." :w00t::w00t::w00t: HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Comparing Bledsoe to Brady or any other enemy QBs may be fun for some (though I don't see why as Brady wins this comparison hands down in my view whether your criteria is record of achievement, simple production, relevant stats, age or whatever) but the only relevant comparison for the Bills this past year was to JP Losman or Shane Matthews,

I see no question here as the vast majority of rookie QBs are not ready to play against vets in their first season and JP could not play due to injury for most of the beginning of the season. Further as JP demonstrated when he was thrown into the NE game and with his promising but mixed bag performances in mop-up duty in two games (promising as he led the team to TDs in each game, but he still has a rookie's command of the huddle getting a penalty for delay of game off the bat in the first and being forced to call a TO when his primary job was to burn clock in his second appearance seem to show the boy wonder was not ready to start yet.

Bledsoe demonstrated in the Pittsburgh game that even with some fairly nifty and surprising to me improvements in his play this year under the QB redeeming guidance of Clements/MM, he is still quite unlikely to take a team to the playoffs much less the SB.

The only thing which strikes me as sillier than the notion of thinking that Bledsoe could overcome the horrible ST play in the Pitts game (the Lindell shank was inexcusable and the Clements PR fumble was balanced out by his INT, but we and Bledsoe clearly need a positive point contribution for the ST to win comfortably if at all) and to overcome a D performance which was so uncharacteristically bad by the Bills as they got run over by Pitts scrubs, is the notion that this team should have almost certainly sacrificed a chance at the playoffs by giving JP a chance to make errors and develop this year.

Development of the QB is best done from the stats I have seen from the bench, in the film room, practices against his own team where he will face NFL athletes and pre-season where he even gets to face oppoents. and in mop-up or garbage time of real games. A player needs to play to become a vet and I view PT as an essential part of a QB;s development. However, the thing I am most psyched about this past season was that JP got some PT and successfully led the Bills to two TDs because we were winning so comfortably we could give him some PT.

However, though retrospect now shows we would have missed the playoffs just the same with JP going through a learning period, I simply disagree with those who are quite willing to sacrfice a shot at the playoffs now in exchange for potential development of a player of the future.

I think the Bills are doing it just right at QB right now, If Bledsoe wants to stay he will have to take a cut which reduces his cap hit in a way which allows us to get more help now and makes it clearer that the job is JP's if he wins it on the field like he should and by agreeing to such a paycut Bledsoe will get a shot to show that his play improvement in '05 equals the improvement he showed from '03 to '04.

If Bledsoe can maintain the rate of improvement he showed last year (which I doubt I have no problem with him starting as long as he takes a paycut which allows us to fortify the team and makes it clear that he is willing to be the team player he was when he helped out Brady when Brady took his job after Bledsoe was hurt.

Cut Drew because he wants starter money or keep Drew because he is willing to play the back-up role IF JP steps up its fine with me,

Starting would have been great for him, going through

I don't know but, NE had some really serious OL protection at times! It was a thing of beauty!

Back to the original!

Shoot me if you want but, NE team cohesiveness came together when DB went down and almost died from the ruptured spleen. They parted ways the next year and rightly so. With a capable, young QB, NE was shown the course.

The BIGGEST mistake for the Bills would be to let DB go before another young QB is ready to take over!

DB is a team "lightening rod". DB is such a class act that, he'll never become a cancer.

The path has been shown (by NE), now lets follow it. It might take a little longer since you don't want any near death encounters to jump start things! :doh: