Does New England win any Superbowls if with Drew?

Pete

Does New England win any Superbowls at all if Drew is still there?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Does New England win any Superbowls at all if Drew is still there?

• yes
    • no

I've pretty much given up on the subject. Some people are just incapable of judging what they see with their own two eyes. They are simply more comfortable gobbling up whatever storyline the media is dishing out at the time. That week's shlt on a shingle happened to be "Injured QB gives heroic effort", so regardless of the fact that Drew stunk it up baaaaaad that day, all they're going to remember is whatever their media icons told them to remember.

Cya

225926[/snapback]

Drew "stunk it up baaaaaddd that day" is to put it kindly,inaccurate.

Threw 1 touchdown pass.

Had a drive that resulted in a FG.

Had no Interceptions

Had no fumbles

Sustained 3 drives in the 2nd half of 4:30, 4:00 and 4:40 all with 3rd down passing conversions.

Brady scored NO points.

If you and several others think that by repeating that he stunk in the AFC Chanmpionship that day somehow makes it true, have at it. Clearly, you'll bust this guy to suit the "get rid of him" agenda even if it means you have to stretch the truth.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threw 1 touchdown pass.

Wow, he hit his primary read which was a wide-open Y recevier that Weiss had got matched up with the one-dimensional Jason Gildon. What a hero!

Had no Interceptions

Had no fumbles

He tried to throw three(one of them for a P'burgh TD in the 4thqrtr of a tight championship game) and I believe he also had a fumble that was recoverd by a teammate. But you just go ahead and keep swallowing the fairy tale.

Sustained 3 drives in the 2nd half of 4:30, 4:00 and 4:40 all with 3rd down passing conversions.

That may be the first time in history that anybody has ever used the word "sustained" in reference to a 4 minute drive.

Brady scored NO points.

Well, there's some indisputable proof that Drew played well. :doh:

Drew was so great that the following week the best coach in the NFL benched him in the biggest game of his career for a one-legged 6thrnd draft choice with less than a year of experience. :w00t:

If I were you I'd snip the barb off that hook before pulling it out of your mouth.....

Threw 1 touchdown pass.

Had no Interceptions

Had no fumbles

Brady scored NO points.

If you and several others think that by repeating that he stunk in the AFC Chanmpionship that day somehow makes it true, have at it.  Clearly, you'll bust this guy to suit the "get rid of him" agenda even if it means you have to stretch the truth.

225940[/snapback]

Yeah, he was so great that the following week the best coach in the NFL benched him in the biggest game of his career for a one-legged 6thrnd draft choice with less than a year of experience.  :w00t:

225953[/snapback]

Checkmate.

:doh::doh::D

Threw 1 touchdown pass.

Had no Interceptions

Had no fumbles

Brady scored NO points.

If you and several others think that by repeating that he stunk in the AFC Chanmpionship that day somehow makes it true, have at it.  Clearly, you'll bust this guy to suit the "get rid of him" agenda even if it means you have to stretch the truth.

225940[/snapback]

I remember that game well. Bledsoe completed 2 passes of 15 and 10 yards. 2 plays later, he hit David Patten in the corner for an 11 yard TD. The rest of the game, he didn't do much. The Pats scored a Defensive TD and another on a Troy Brown punt return. Kordell Stewart played bad and the Pats stuffed Bettis all day.

Hmmm.. Big plays ( and TD's!) from the Special Teams and Defense . 7-10 points from the Offense. Hey, that sounds like our whole 2004 season. I'm sensing a pattern.

It's all Drew. He's a God among men. :w00t:

As good as New England's defense is, Tom Brady's poise in the pocket and pinpoint accuracy is what scores the points. I can't count the number of times I've seen Brady thread the needle and hit his 4th receiver when he has three blitzing linemen inches from him. Drew Bledsoe would already be in the fetal position by then.

PTR

1st- It was Drew Bledsoe that beat Pittsburgh to send them to the first Superbowl (not Tom Brady).  Bledsoe was spectacular in that game, and single-handedly beat a Pittsburgh team that was beating the Patriots until Brady left.

2nd- Brady did NOT... I repeat, did NOT have a lot to do with the Superbowl wins either.  Most overrated MVP EVER!!!  Remember, it was all Viniateri.  Sure, Brady didn't blow it... and there you may possibly have an argument against Bledsoe.

I love this sort of logic! Bledsoe can single-handedly win games, but Brady didn't have nearly anything to do with either Super Bowl win (never mind leading them to the winning FG each time at the last few seconds in both games). Okay. Just checking.

How can a backup QB come in and win a game they're already winning?

225976[/snapback]

Because the opponent scored more than the starting QB did.

In baseball, if you're up 1-0 and you pull the starting pitcher and end up winning the game 10-5, the relief pitcher gets the win.

Another example:

http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/prostats...l?gameid=186392

The score was 6-1 when Minnesota pulled their startign goalie. They lost the game 15-10. The backup goalie got the loss.

CW

No they don't. Whether or not they even make the playoffs is a good question. This year we had the number one ST, number 2 D, and still missed the playoffs.

Brady is the MUCH better QB. Not even close. He makes good quick decisions which is the most important thing a QB can do. He rarely turns the ball over. He excels against the blitz. New England was about to go 0-3 the season Brady took over. All of a sudden they start to win once he replaced Bledsoe.

I like Bledsoe and think he is an average QB now in his career. He WAS very good (Ben Coates years)and is a likely Hall of famer. I also think at the time TD made the right trade (options were RJ, J Blake, drafting a QB and none from that class have done anything, or Bledsoe). But right now there is no question who is better and the biggest reason the Pats have won two SBs is Tom Brady. It is not a huge knock on Bledsoe. If you put 25 QBs in the NFL on those teams they probably don't win two SBs.

He rarely turns the ball over.

Brady interceptions:

'02: 14

'03: 12

'04: 14

Bledsoe interceptions:

'02: 15

'03: 12

'04: 16

Brady fumbles:

'02: 11

'03: 13

'04: 7

Bledsoe fumbles:

'02: 11

'03: 15

'04: 9

The stats aren't that far apart in the turnover category, especially when you take into consideration the fact that our OL is nowhere near as dominant...

CW

And say what you will, but Bledsoe got the win in the AFC Championship game (regardless of what reporters want to write about Brady's 8-0 playoff record).  A QB can't get a win for playing less than a quarter and being up 7-3 with a final score of 24-17.

Explain to me how Brady played "less than a quarter" when he left just before halftime.

I'll be waiting.

Brady is credited with the win in that game according to official NFL statistics. Bledsoe is not. Deal with it.

Explain to me how Brady played "less than a quarter" when he left just before halftime.

I'll be waiting.

226222[/snapback]

Fine...

And say what you will, but Bledsoe got the win in the AFC Championship game (regardless of what reporters want to write about Brady's 8-0 playoff record). A QB can't get a win for playing less than a half and being up 7-3 with a final score of 24-17.

Isn't that even more of a knock on Brady, that he couldn't score a single point "just before halftime?"

Brady is credited with the win in that game according to official NFL statistics. Bledsoe is not. Deal with it.

Where's this official stat? Even if true, how the hell does a QB get the win without scoring a single point and without playing the majority of the game?

CW

Fine...

And say what you will, but Bledsoe got the win in the AFC Championship game (regardless of what reporters want to write about Brady's 8-0 playoff record).  A QB can't get a win for playing less than a half and being up 7-3 with a final score of 24-17.

Keep trying to convince yourself that Bledsoe got the win, but OFFICIAL NFL STATISTICS credit Brady with the win. I think those are a little more reputable than the voices in your head.

Isn't that even more of a knock on Brady, that he couldn't score a single point "just before halftime?"

The team was leading 7-3, partly due the fact that Brady didn't make any dumb mistakes (like lobbing the ball over his head as he was being sacked or throwing the ball into the numbers of Pittsburgh LBs) that led to Steeler points. he started, he left with the lead, he won. Bledsoe did a decent job to finish the TD drive that Brady started, but he was horrid in the second half, and everyone (but you) realizes this.

Where's this official stat?

You probably won't accept this, but here's the OFFICIAL site of the Super Bowl referencing Brady's playoff record before the divisional round game against the Colts:

QB TOM BRADY is 6-0 as playoff starter...

Let's count!

OAKLAND - W - 1

@Pittsburgh - W -2

vs. Rams - W - 3

TENNESSEE - W -4

@Indianapolis - W - 5

vs. Panthers - W - 6

I bet the guy whose job it is to compile those stats for that webpage is an anti- Bledsoe crusader. <_<

Even if true, how the hell does a QB get the win without scoring a single point and without playing the majority of the game?

Are you really this dense or are you just trying to be difficult? Let's go over it once more.

Start Game + Leave With Lead + Lead Maintained Throughout Your Abscence = WIN

Get it?

Keep trying to convince yourself that Bledsoe got the win, but OFFICIAL NFL STATISTICS credit Brady with the win.  I think those are a little more reputable than the voices in your head.

Instead of hurling insults, why not back your information up with FACTS? Where's the link that shows Brady getting the win?

CW

You probably won't accept this, but here's the OFFICIAL site of the Super Bowl referencing Brady's playoff record before the divisional round game against the Colts:

Let's count!

OAKLAND - W - 1

@Pittsburgh - W -2

vs. Rams - W - 3

TENNESSEE - W -4

@Indianapolis - W - 5

vs. Panthers - W - 6

I bet the guy whose job it is to compile those stats for that webpage is an anti- Bledsoe crusader. <_<

Are you really this dense or are you juist trying to be difficult?  Let's go over it once more.

Start Game + Leave With Lead + Lead Maintained Throughout Your Abscence = WIN

Get it?

226248[/snapback]

So Brady didn't actually beat the Colts last week? :blush: Or was it last year against the Colts that he didn't get the win?

Or could it be that the game against the Steelers in '01 was a non-decision for him, meaning Bledsoe got the win?

CW