Emmitt a little selfish....

Rayzer32

Is this A-hole trying to bring all the attentoin to himself by retiring just before the SB??? What does he have to prove by retiring 3 days before the biggest game on earth?

Wait until the game is over and there is not much NFL news going on Emmitt!!! You are one selfish prick in my opinion. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

How is that selfish? As you said, he's going to get less attention than he would if he waited until next month, since it's Super Bowl week.

225733[/snapback]

Uh, because he is trying to take away the media spotlight from the biggest game on Earth by retiring 3 days prior to the SB.

He has been there and knows what gets the attention. He should just wait until after to bring the attention on himself. He is, and always has been a ME guy. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Emmitt.

Uh, because he is trying to take away the media spotlight from the biggest game on Earth by retiring 3 days prior to the SB. 

He has been there and knows what gets the attention.  He should just wait until after to bring the attention on himself.  He is, and always has been a ME guy.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  Emmitt.

225737[/snapback]

Yeah, but that doesn't make sense. If he wanted the media spotlight on him for more attention (which you claim is his goal - the most attention possible), he would've waited until just after the Super Bowl or around the draft, when interest in football is still high and he can still be a big focus of attention. Retiring now guarantees he's merely a brief "oh, and in other news" sort of thing.

Unless he has some sort of vendetta against the teams or players in the Super Bowl where he doesn't want them getting attention or something or you think that Emmitt decided to retire now specifically so that everyone would talk about his Super Bowl achievements, which they would've talked about anyway, I guess.

All of this may be for not. Now they are saying that Emmitt is saying he has no plans to retire. If this is the case, my guess is that Arizona told him he wasn't in the plans for next year, now he is maybe trying to see if any other team might be interested in him for next season. From a business point, it is a very good move on Emmitt's part. He is in Jacksonville. Anyone who is anyone in the NFL, is there this week. It would be a great time for him to gauge if any other teams might be interested in him. The rumour that he might retire does not hurt, since everyone today seems to be talking about TO (will he or won't he?) and trying to rank Smith among the all-time greatest backs in NFL history.

All of this may be for not. Now they are saying that Emmitt is saying he has no plans to retire.

Good, I hope he continues to play 'til they drag him screaming and kicking off the field. Ignore the haters Emmit and do whatever makes you happy.

Personally, I think he'd find great joy in helping an upandcoming team get over the playoff hump by serving as a back-up to a young stud at RB. I can think of at least one place that fits the...ahem... bill and where I'd absolutely love to see him.

Cya

Is this A-hole trying to bring all the attentoin to himself by retiring just before the SB???  What does he have to prove by retiring 3 days before the biggest game on earth? 

Wait until the game is over and there is not much NFL news going on Emmitt!!!  You are one selfish prick in my opinion.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

225732[/snapback]

selfish? that would be me. cuz all i want is that a$$ in your avatar. nice

Emmitt is a HOF running back with HOW MANY Super Bowl rings?

It'd be one thing if it was Rich Gannon announcing his retirement three days before the SB, but Emmitt deserves to be associated with this game and if he did retire the week of the SB, that should in no way be associated with selfishness.

Is this A-hole trying to bring all the attentoin to himself by retiring just before the SB???  What does he have to prove by retiring 3 days before the biggest game on earth? 

Wait until the game is over and there is not much NFL news going on Emmitt!!!  You are one selfish prick in my opinion.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

225732[/snapback]

I hear you!!! How dare he take away from two weeks of non-stories by talking about retirement. How selfish can one be by giving his team more time to plan for their future? <_<

You're right. I have no idea how I will possibly focus my brain on the SuperBowl with the retirement of Emmitt... How will I possibly do it?

I better go get some ginko-biloba... help me sharpen my focus, and not allow Emmitt Smith's retirement make my focus stray from the SuperBowl.

How, oh HOW, will I possibly enjoy the SB now?

I hear you!!! How dare he take away from two weeks of non-stories by talking about retirement. How selfish can one be by giving his team more time to plan for their future?  <_<

226213[/snapback]

I had forgotten why I had this guy on ignore. Now I remember. :blush:

Beer and more beer.

Parlays and Teaser Bets.

Box pools.

We will survive  :(

226615[/snapback]

speaking of Box Pools, last year I won on the final score with the 2 and 9 (after bitching the whole weekend about what crappy #'s I had.)

This year.......................yep 2 and 9 AGAIN!!!! (took one of those Ace Ventura showers after I celebrated Venitieri's winning kick....)

there's no way it happens again