Bills season done in by weather?

Yeah, you are right, they may have won a game that they shouldn't have,

Either way,with the logjam of teams "in the hunt" in the AFC, losses to Houston, KC and Miami (all games that the Bills had ample opportunities to win) really hurt their playoff odds tremendously. In fact I would give them more hope if they had won just two of those three games, and lost the three games in the NFC. Those conference losses really hurt.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP, I completely feel your sentiment. How many more kicks in the nuts can this franchise take? It'd be one thing to never catch a break. But to ALWAYS get shat on in the process. Jeebus. Enough already.

EDIT: tehehe

Thanks for getting it, so few did.

Of all the lame excuses I've seen, this one is the worst.

<sigh> Not the point.

I think it was Hackett and his offensive playcalling and silly little system, but the Chiefs game is what did it.

Agreed, but Marrone hired him and stuck by him. Kubiak was available at the end of the year last year. He has tons of offensive coaching experience and with schwartz on defense, we could have been a playoff caliber team. Had we made the right call and picked him up, demote Hackett to a position coaching position as he needs more experience, and picked up Orton before training camp, we would have been better. I know he hasn't played well for two weeks, but part of that is due to Fred not being out there to pass protect.

When was the last time, in your humble opinion, that a coach/GM/other higher executive was responsible for those players who you light into for failing on the field. And BTW, Bryce Brown was a player Whaley had targeted for a long time according to what I read. So Whaley had to know the guy was prone to fumbling and still made the deal.

Management may not be able to avoid all player failure, but they're responsible when a team continues to miss the playoffs. It can't always be the players. In the end, management is usually at fault, but most fans don't know of Doug Whaley or his personnel directors and fewer know what those guys do behind the scenes. Ergo, fans don't blame them, but only that which they see on the field. And that means players and to a lesser degree coaches.

For the record, those players on the field weren't all inherited from the Jauron years, and I recall people here talking about how the roster had been made over so much the past few years by Nix and Whaley. Start with the team president and work your way down for a change.

With regards to Brown: he's our FOURTH STRING RUNNING BACK. He's hardly been handed the keys to the franchise. He's playing because our TOP TWO RUNNING backs (neither of whom were brought in by Whaley) are injured.

But to answer your quesiton: the Levy/Brandon FO was truly something to marvel at. What Jauron managed to accomplish with the likes of John DiGorgio, Angelo Growell, Chris Kelsay, Ashton Youbboty and Ko Simpson STARTING on defense was nothing shy of remarkable. I argued as much in real-time, I can't believe folks won't come around on this now, even in hindsight. Those rosters were !@#$ING AWFUL.

Another bone to toss your way, we've gambled two straight seasons on the most important position on the field: QB. When your contingency plans going into July are Kevin Kolb, Thad Lews and Jeff Tuel, you've conceded a low trajectory even before the very first snap.

I don't mean to Buffalo Barbarian the offseason QB process, but since I'm the one who always challenges the wambulance drivers to say what the FO should have done rather then B word and moan about what we did do, I was hoping they would have made a play for Alex Smith. And in hindsight, that would have been the best AND the only viable transaction to at least bring stability to the position.

Now, that said, the move to bring in Kyle Orton was the best available option and they had to do SOMETHING because of how horribly Thad and Tuel regressed and because of EJ's stunted growth. Those were three gambles that didn't pay off THIS YEAR alone, and in a last ditch heave, they brought in Orton. ****ty situation, but the definitely made the best of it.

This team has been done in by a coaching staff that once again has this team on it's annual march to mediocrity! Look around the league several teams have beat up and injured O-lines but still get it done, were relatively healthy and lousy, Marrone was an offensive lineman and marches out a crap o-line every week. Why go out and get Mike Williams a legitimate red zone threat and not even dress him some games when we can't score in the red zone. The Patriots looked very beatable at the beginning of the season, but they are well coached and improve on a weekly basis. In Buffalo as usual as the season progresses the team regresses Ralph Wilsons inability to attract and hire a frontline head football coach will forever be the mark he left on this team. When has this franchise ever had a football coach that could go into the locker room at the half and make some adjustments that worked. Whenever Ralph did get lucky and find himself with a decent coach or GM he got rid of them Polian, Knox, Phillips. Polian handed Levy an all star team they won despite of him, granted he told great war stories, but was beaten with the same game plan in 4 straight Super Bowls. On paper this current team has far to much talent to play as poorly as they have, so we lost the home field this week big deal Marrone has only had this team ready for one home game this season, they play better on the road. I've watched this organization mostly field an inferior product for 40 years, I can only hope the Pegulas change the atmosphere and hire a good head football coach before the current talent pool is dispatched to represent other NFL cities in the Playoffs and Pro Bowls in the years to come!!!!

You are absolutely correct. The coaching is terrible on this team. Marrone coaches scared from the opening kickoff every week. And that has rubbed off on the team. We have no swag whatsoever....We don't have great quarterbacking, but the team has gotten worse as the season has progressed. In fact, the team has gotten steadily worse on offense over the entire Marrone era. We are a completely dink and dunk offense. That will not win in the NFL. The Dolphins figured it out real quick. The Jets will do the same. Anybody can coach a dink and dunk offense. It takes absolutely no creativity. Marrone is a knuckle head who would have trouble coming up w a creative offense for a HS team. If we can't get to at least 8-8 he should absolutely get fired. No reason we should not beat the Jets Browns and Raiders. But if we lose to the Jets, and the offense doesn't show up, it will start getting ugly. The players have no loyalty to Marrone, because he hasn't led them anywhere. And he coaches not to lose. A Williams already called out Marrone for that. The players all know what an NFL head coach should be about. They have all played ball their entire lives. Marrone is not that. Again it will get ugly if we lose tom nite. And it should, because 5-5 will become 6-10 real fast. And at that point, the entire organization should be canned. Starting w Russ Brandon. His stench continues to stain this organization thru Whaley Marrone and Hackett... I think my son's varsity football coach in Metro Atlanta could outcoach Marrone.

Q: Coach Marrone, what should we do on 4th and 1? A: meow

Effing classic!

You are absolutely correct. The coaching is terrible on this team. Marrone coaches scared from the opening kickoff every week. And that has rubbed off on the team. We have no swag whatsoever....We don't have great quarterbacking, but the team has gotten worse as the season has progressed. In fact, the team has gotten steadily worse on offense over the entire Marrone era. We are a completely dink and dunk offense. That will not win in the NFL. The Dolphins figured it out real quick. The Jets will do the same. Anybody can coach a dink and dunk offense. It takes absolutely no creativity. Marrone is a knuckle head who would have trouble coming up w a creative offense for a HS team. If we can't get to at least 8-8 he should absolutely get fired. No reason we should not beat the Jets Browns and Raiders. But if we lose to the Jets, and the offense doesn't show up, it will start getting ugly. The players have no loyalty to Marrone, because he hasn't led them anywhere. And he coaches not to lose. A Williams already called out Marrone for that. The players all know what an NFL head coach should be about. They have all played ball their entire lives. Marrone is not that. Again it will get ugly if we lose tom nite. And it should, because 5-5 will become 6-10 real fast. And at that point, the entire organization should be canned. Starting w Russ Brandon. His stench continues to stain this organization thru Whaley Marrone and Hackett... I think my son's varsity football coach in Metro Atlanta could outcoach Marrone.

Couldn't have said it better myself.