Offense is so predictable: Deion Summed it up perfectly.

1B4IDie

More. I expect more. He is missing key throws and we were lucky we weren't picked off several times. The bouquets thrown around when Orton took over highlighted accurate downfield passing. Fair enough. Let's see it.

I can't disagree on the run game, but the OL has given KO time since the bye.

He has had time when the pocket breaks down. has given him some room to step up and shuffle around. Surprising. Is it just Urbik ? Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely why these rants about playcalling are--as they almost always are--completely off the mark.

Except two Hall of Famers and anyone that has watched football for 5 years thinks the rants are precisely targeted.

ONE TD in the last 7 quarters. One. Blame whoever the heck you want. They are all guilty. Far as I see it, the GM had 3 first round picks and 1 second spent on offense and has nothing to show for it. Deepest WR draft in ages and he spent 2 firsts to get Sammy. One yard outs and handoffs. Nice. EJ was a disaster. Cyrus Kouandjio is so bad he can't even be activated on a poor OL. Pegula needs to completely clean house. GM, Head coach, Assistants, Scouts, all the other people employed on the football side top to bottom front to back. Get the hell out. Has to bring in legit NFL caliber people from the water boys to the GM and President of Football Ops. Money talks. Get it done.

To be fair....Cyrus was highly rated by scouts and draft experts.

Cowher HC, Scwartz DC and Whiesenhunt OC = Super Bowl

A great slate of coaches. Landing Cowher though is a long shot. Media reports say he was pitched the HC job a couple years ago and turned us down. Maybe having a new owner who intends to keep the team in Buffalo will make a difference. I doubt it.

Orton was good out of the box.

He's now been with Hackett a solid 2 plus months.

And it's showing.

Hackett has the opposite of the midas touch. Marrones biggest mistake was having him be the OC.

Don't like constantly beating the the dead horse but......not really.

He's a QB KILLER... -Destroys every single one he touches... from Lewis to Tuel to EJ to Kyle Orton... I've openly questioned, and criticized him since the end of last season, but Bills fans as complacent as some of us are, responded with -'give the guy a chance!', and 'it's just preseason!' and my personal favorite, 'This is his STRATEGY!' -LOL

Well, what do you think now?

By the way, he was also wrong about Brandon Kaufman... Really hurt that kid's chances of making another team. -JMO. And Marrone... Wow... the word "Dumb" comes to mind... REALLY dumb.... Dumb as a post.... Dumb beyond any hope of redemption.

Edited by #34fan

A great slate of coaches. Landing Cowher though is a long shot. Media reports say he was pitched the HC job a couple years ago and turned us down. Maybe having a new owner who intends to keep the team in Buffalo will make a difference. I doubt it.

it is more of a pipe dream.

The rumor was he turned it down because of uncertain future ownership and referred Chan Gailey.

Cowher was shaking hands with Pegula prior to kick off.

Where there is smoke . . .

I see. So Deion is now an erudite analyst and I must have been on crazy pills watching players blatantly !@#$ up all over the field Thursday.

Big Cat, they are sitting on our routes. I love your enthusiasm bud but sometimes you're PTR with a billyclub. I'm watching the games, the defenders are guessing correctly whether it's a run or a pass, and when it's a pass, they're guessing the routes and they're attacking the blocking schemes with precision. Sure they players aren't executing perfectly, but the scheme is so bad that they have little chance, they're getting pressed and pressured in every aspect of the play design. It appears it's obvious to others as well. You may want to back off just a bit...

Yes, horrible, horrible playcalling. Why they called those plays where Orton threw behind his receivers, where players fall down, where receivers drop the ball, where lineman whiff on blocks, where balls get batted at the line--these play calls suck. Why did he call them?

Talk about predictable, every down I know they either run or pass the ball.

It depends if the play is called is a players strength or weakness. Orton was doing well and other QBs did well last year before they "opened up the playbook". I just do not know how one can objectively look at what is going on and say there is not a problem.

Last Year:

EJ showed promise

Thad won games and came close in others

Tuel showed some flashes

This Year:

EJ benched

Thad realeased

Tuel to PS

Orton for three weeks looks good then, after more time in the system looks horrible.

I don't understand why the media doesn't ask "Hey do you coaches see this pattern"?

Winner. Been saying this since week 4.

Edited by Big Blitz