T.O.'s gonna give it a shot

It's such a rare thing to win (just ask Marino) or even make the SB (just ask Manning) even if you are one of the best at your position, I can easily see how as long as he can strap it on that you would choose to be active for the game.

So much of the game is emotion normally, and even more so with the SB (hence the many blow-outs) that I can also see that if properly handled and done, having TO there will be a big help to Philly even if his contributions on the field are minimal.

Add to that some Lloyds of London institution tpe being more than happy to bet on Terrell being able to play or not play by insuring him against particular losses of career ability if he worsens the injury by playing and the decision to play becomes a virtual no-brainer.

He should play, risk or not. Might be the one time he ever gets to play in a big game.

My senior year of high school we were in the finals for WNY volleyball. I had a dislocated thumb injury from a game a week before. I wanted to play in the finals and the coach wouldn't let me, because he knew I was going play in college and didn't want to risk my career. I didn't play and we lost, and I always felt I was so fired up I could have shut down their best player. Went on to college and played one year and quit, just wasn't the same.

To this day I wish I would have played in that game.

Maybe he'll be like the "Curt Schlling" of the Super Bowl.

224952[/snapback]

While T.O. playing with the injury is a great story, it is insignificant when compared to the story of DE Jack Youngblood. Peter King just wrote a great story about it this week. I think the story is an example of how the line between stupidity and courage are blurry.

Here is the story: Youngblood vs. Owens

...it's a roll of the dice.  But T.O. wants to give it a go.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/fo...fl/10781628.htm

224930[/snapback]

Thank God he'll be on the field, at least for one play. Now we can all rest easy, knowing that he won't have do anything crazy (like set himself on fire or do a strip tease on the sideline) to get the attention he craves.

I'm not the biggest Pats fan but I'd love to see Harrison turn TO's lights out during the game. :D

I'd rather see TO burn Harrison for a TD, I hate Harrison.

225230[/snapback]

Me too ... Harrison is a scum bag. The only reason people fear him isnt because he might get you with a big hit, but the fact that he might end your career with a cheapt shot...

Thank God he'll be on the field, at least for one play.  Now we can all rest easy, knowing that he won't have do anything crazy (like set himself on fire or do a strip tease on the sideline) to get the attention he craves.   

I'm not the biggest Pats fan but I'd love to see Harrison turn TO's lights out during the game. :angry:

225143[/snapback]

Wait until TO pulls up his jersey to expose his pastie! :D

Thank God he'll be on the field, at least for one play.  Now we can all rest easy, knowing that he won't have do anything crazy (like set himself on fire or do a strip tease on the sideline) to get the attention he craves.   

I'm not the biggest Pats fan but I'd love to see Harrison turn TO's lights out during the game. :angry:

225143[/snapback]

Rest assured whether he is dressed or not, TO will get his share of camera time just like in the NFC Championship. If he doesn't play, maybe FOX can show him instead of commercials doing all the end zone dances he had planned on doing. fug you TO. :D

While T.O. playing with the injury is a great story, it is insignificant when compared to the story of DE Jack Youngblood. Peter King just wrote a great story about it this week. I think the story is an example of how the line between stupidity and courage are blurry. 

Here is the story: Youngblood vs. Owens

225122[/snapback]

Yeah, BFD about TO....Youngblood came back and played in the same game he broke his leg in...then played in the super bowl a couple weeks later. TO has had 6 weeks to recover.

Me too ... Harrison is a scum bag. The only reason people fear him isnt because he might get you with a big hit, but the fact that he might end your career with a cheapt shot...

225233[/snapback]

Harrison and the people he has speared over the years are all lucky no spinal injuries have occurred. Their careers, and his, would be over.

The late hits, the extra smacks out of bounds after the whistle blows are not the mark of a tough guy. They're the mark of a punk.

"But you'd love to have him on your team". Bullsh-t. He can play for someone else I have NO respect for this guy.

Skip Bayless, who I usually think is intolerable, brought up a good point yesterday that I caught while flipping through the channels. Whatever happens on Sunday, TO will be looked as a hero. If he plays (which he says he will), it'll look like a miracle for him to even just play at all because of the severity of the injury. So if he makes one catch for 8 yards and means nothing in the game, that won't matter, because all will be looked at is the fact that he played. I agree 100%.

That being said I hope the Eagles win, but htink the Pats will. Oh well :D