Paper Tigers

jumbalaya

The heat in Florida will be no more then 70 degrees at game time vs Miami probably more like 65

You must me thinking SUMMER heat.

I just checked my temp outside and it says 62 and its only 7pm

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2008:

September/October 5-2

November/December 2-7

2011:

September/October 5-2

November/December 1-8

2014:

September/October 5-3

November/December ????

I understand your paranoia, but is there a single coach left from those teams? How many players? My guess is less than 10, probably more like 5. This is a much different team.

Edited by MDFan

The 2004 Steelers come to mind when people bank on a team being in the playoffs and resting their top guys.

Opponents have 8 games of film on Buffalo, just like the Bills have on their opponents. It's the most innovative teams that keep winning from now until the end of the season. If you're predictable and keep trying to do the same thing and/or don't have the horses, you get exposed quickly. And that's what happened in 2008 and 2011. How well the Bills do in adapting is what will decide whether they finish with a mediocre record or go to the playoffs.

agreed. personally not banking on a win for the NE game, just saying that we could lose the KC game and still make the playoffs if the final game is meaningless to the patriots.

Whether they fail or not is completely independent from the previous fourteen years.

It's independent from the standpoint of who walks on to the field to play. It is not independent of what the fans have come to expect.

This game was the worst kind of loss IMHO... The turnovers by Brown and Mclovin along with the missed opportunities by Orton took an easily winnable game and turned it into a loss... Not to mention they squandered a pretty decent effort by the Defense... Just sad

Edited by KOKBILLS

Now we know the 2014 Bills are pretenders.

See I can't agree with that. A paper tiger is a team that looks good against terrible teams but completely folds when faced against a skilled opponent. The Bills had stupid mistakes that ended up being really costly today, but they certainly weren't exposed as a weak team.

On the #1 ranked pass defense in the league, Kyle Orton passed for more yards than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, and all but ONE(Jake Locker during KC's horrible week 1 game) QB the Chiefs have played all year. They were in control for most of the game and had 6 sacks against a team that before today was only letting up an average of 2 sacks per game.

The Bills lost this game the way we're used to them losing games over the past few years. It sucks because they've been able to avoid those "Bills-like" mistakes that cost games up until this week.

agreed. personally not banking on a win for the NE game, just saying that we could lose the KC game and still make the playoffs if the final game is meaningless to the patriots.

Except that Belichick has usually not rested his starters in finales. Besides, odds are good that the Pats will be neck and neck with Denver until the end.

See I can't agree with that. A paper tiger is a team that looks good against terrible teams but completely folds when faced against a skilled opponent. The Bills had stupid mistakes that ended up being really costly today, but they certainly weren't exposed as a weak team.

On the #1 ranked pass defense in the league, Kyle Orton passed for more yards than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, and all but ONE(Jake Locker during KC's horrible week 1 game) QB the Chiefs have played all year. They were in control for most of the game and had 6 sacks against a team that before today was only letting up an average of 2 sacks per game.

The Bills lost this game the way we're used to them losing games over the past few years. It sucks because they've been able to avoid those "Bills-like" mistakes that cost games up until this week.

Pretenders lose a home game after a BYE that they dominated all game long.

Contenders win a home game after a BYE that they dominated all game long.

That's cute that you don't agree but Facts are Facts.

Contenders don't lose meaningful home games against Conference opponents that are served on a platter as a win.

The 2014 Buffalo Bills are pretenders.

This is the kind of loss that shatters a locker room. The defense dominated the game. The Offense shot themselves in the foot. Trust is lost.

Remember when the 2013 Buffalo Bills quit in Tampa, FL. Remember how almost every Thursday game has been a huge blowout. Dolphins 38 - Bills 6 is my prediction for Thursday.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Pretenders lose a home game after a BYE that they dominated all game long.

Contenders win a home game after a BYE that they dominated all game long.

That's cute that you don't agree but Facts are Facts.

Contenders don't lose meaningful home games against Conference opponents that are served on a platter as a win.

The 2014 Buffalo Bills are pretenders.

This is the kind of loss that chatters a locker room. The defense dominated the game. The Offense shot themselves in the foot. Trust is lost.

Remember when the 2013 Buffalo Bills quit in Tampa, FL. Remember how almost every Thursday game has been a huge blowout. Dolphins 38 - Bills 6 is my prediction for Thursday.

Ok guy.