Fred Jackson on pace for early return...will try to practice Wednesdsy

Big Turk

Said it depends on the doctors, he is going to try and practice tomorrow, said they might tell him he can't play this week but can next week or they might tell him he can't play either of these weeks which he hopes isn't the case...

This dude is a remarkable healer...

Edited by matter2003

Not to be a broken record but I'd feel so much better about this game if Fred plays. I think with both him and Urbik, Orton has a chance to have time to throw. Also he can use him in the passing game which I think they tried a little bit with Bryce last week but he seemed rusty.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No I posted pretty much verbatim what he said in a quote in this article

http://www.si.com/nf...n-buffalo-bills

Fred trying to get back sooner than later

Bills RB Fred Jackson missed Buffalo’s Week 8 game with a groin injury suffered in Week 7 against Minnesota. He’s been getting treatment and rehabbing throughout the bye week and is hoping to return sooner rather than later.

“I’m trying to get out there and play as soon as possible,” Jackson said. “It’s going to come down to what the doctors tell me. If I’m out there and moving around and I’m not effective then it’s pointless for me to be out there. But as far as I’m concerned I’m trying to get back as soon as possible. But like I said our doctors ultimately control when it is that I get back out there and see the field.”

Bills head coach Doug Marrone will provide an update this afternoon on Jackson’s chances to return to the lineup this week.

“I think one of the things we’ve got is a great training staff and great doctors,” Jackson said. “If it’s possible, it’s possible. If they think I can go out there and do it then it doesn’t matter what week it is or what day. We’ll see what they say. I’ll continue to come in here and keep working. Once they give me that green light I’ll go, whenever it is.”

That says he's trying to come back early not that he's on pace to come back early. Your thread title is not accurate.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Fred trying to get back sooner than later

That says he's trying to come back early not that he's on pace to come back early. Your thread title is not accurate.

The initial article I read was titled that he was on pace to return early, which wasn't from SI. I posted the link to that since it has his quotes.

The initial article I read was titled that he was on pace to return early, which wasn't from SI. I posted the link to that since it has his quotes.

We all hope he returns sooner rather than later, but it's too early to call at this juncture. No one with the Bills, among Fred, the medical staff, nor Marrone, has said he's on pace to get back early. We'll know more tomorrow, but the worst thing he can do is try to push it and re-injure himself.

He was suited up and taking first team reps today. Freddie is a machine.

He was limited in practice and he's still uncertain to play.

Fred Jackson limited in practice, remains optimistic

RB Fred Jackson practiced for the first time since suffering a groin injury in Week 7. Though limited he's hopeful he can make a return to the lineup Sunday.