Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this for company, by TD%, Kyle Orton ranks 6th in the NFL behind:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Philip Rivers

4. Tom Brady

5. Ben Roethlisberger*

Roethlisberger's record-breaking 12 TD's in two weeks gives him more TD's over that span than all but 14 other NFL quarterbacks have thrown all season.

Put more simply, only 15 QB's have 12 or more TD's this season. Big Ben has hit that mark in only 2 weeks.

But anyways, it's pretty shocking to see Orton among THAT company for a pretty important stat.

If he can put together a third quarter similar to the second quarter of the season, we should be sitting pretty!!

HOF.

I really wanted Ben. I wanted us so badly to move up and get him.

They tried... Donahoe had trade set up with Houston, and was reported on ESPN as a done deal. Then a corner was taken( DeAngelo Hall?) and Texans were spooked that they wouldn't get Dunta Robinson with the Bills pick, so they backed out of it at last minute. Mortenson said Bills were leapfrogging Steelers to get Ben. Can't blame the Bills FO for that one. I laugh when fans say " but the Bills would have ruined him" . What crap, the guy would have been great here just as in Pit. I've always hated the Texans after that move altered our football future.

How's this for company, by TD%, Kyle Orton ranks 6th in the NFL behind:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Philip Rivers

4. Tom Brady

5. Ben Roethlisberger*

Roethlisberger's record-breaking 12 TD's in two weeks gives him more TD's over that span than all but 14 other NFL quarterbacks have thrown all season.

Put more simply, only 15 QB's have 12 or more TD's this season. Big Ben has hit that mark in only 2 weeks.

But anyways, it's pretty shocking to see Orton among THAT company for a pretty important stat.

If he can put together a third quarter similar to the second quarter of the season, we should be sitting pretty!!

I think we all forget that Orton is a very good QB & while in college was in the heismen talk in his senior year & because he wasn't a finalist puts him in the above average category only because those guys in the finals usually fall on their faces at some point or time .

I just hope this coaching staff doesn't pull the same boner that happened (who ever made the decision) when Wade Phillips was coach & decides to pull the guy that got them to the play offs with the entire Flutie debacle !!

he is also one of the biggest, most under-reacognised rapists of all time.

no doubt he's an all-time great at the sport, but the man should have been banned from the nfl years ago.

That's pretty much how I feel. Awesome QB, terrible human being. Maybe he's reformed now but I'd have been murderous if he did that to my daughter. Should be in the Hall of Shame rather than the Hall of Fame.

That's pretty much how I feel. Awesome QB, terrible human being. Maybe he's reformed now but I'd have been murderous if he did that to my daughter. Should be in the Hall of Shame rather than the Hall of Fame.

Did what, exactly?

He had sex with a drunken slut in a bathroom. That's not rape.

You don't understand why someone would give an opinion, state its an opinion, and also state they aren't sure of it.....Maybe because they are stating an opinion and not fact....

Thats is not how opinions work.

I think the American Flag is purple, but I'm not sure. That is not an "opinion." That is just lazy nonsense.

An opinion would be, the American Flag's colors are magnificent. That is an opinion.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think he'll make the cut, but the jewelry collection is largely due to not !@#$ing up and having a great D and run game. To say that he was even a top 5 QB for a large chunk of his career is a stretch. Thus, I believe he shouldn't be a HOF'er. With only 3 pro bowls and 3 time league worst in picks thrown (first year was his first SB win). I'd be appalled if he was a first ballot player.

True. Guy peaked at the right time in both SB campaigns but for most of his career, he has been mediocre and unable to raise the offense over the sum of its parts. Very glaring disparity in career performance versus # of rings. In a way, he is the anti-Peyton who seems to be opposite - great stats but choker(ish) in big games.

True. Guy peaked at the right time in both SB campaigns but for most of his career, he has been mediocre and unable to raise the offense over the sum of its parts. Very glaring disparity in career performance versus # of rings. In a way, he is the anti-Peyton who seems to be opposite - great stats but choker(ish) in big games.

The Hall of Fame is a popularity contest where hardware counts. Eli Manning is a two time Super Bowl MVP that brought two rings to the City of New York. He could go 0 for rest of career in the win column, he is still going to the HOF.

Awe, gonna go to Nancy Grace on this one?

How do you know anything about what happened? A simple accusation by a woman who was drunk and a woman who went to his hotel room in Vegas? Guilty of poor judgement? Sure, maybe. But, we do not know enough Ben has never said a word on these things to get his side, either.

I think we all forget that Orton is a very good QB & while in college was in the heismen talk in his senior year & because he wasn't a finalist puts him in the above average category only because those guys in the finals usually fall on their faces at some point or time .

I just hope this coaching staff doesn't pull the same boner that happened (who ever made the decision) when Wade Phillips was coach & decides to pull the guy that got them to the play offs with the entire Flutie debacle !!

Flutie didn't have the arm strength to throw the ball downfield. I don't see that as an issue with Orton.