Charles, Bryant, Wynn, Lawson

These guys may mean Hughes doesn't get resigned with this much depth. Use the $$ elsewhere.

it also may be a reason hensigns here at. Reduced rate. Leverage and the knowledge that this system works for him.

I think you are correct to list Charles first. He is the guy from that group that has exceptional starter potential, IMO. The rest of those guys are playing well but I don't think they would stand up well to starters snaps when the opposition is playing with a reasonable run/pass option. Their raised level of play is part of the synergy of playing fundamentally sound defensively. I'd like to be wrong but IMO they are journeyman types.

Charles was a standout in the cfl. Rated the best player prospect in Canada for the CFL. Went undrafted then to the Titans PS until the Bills signed him.

Great point I think on the Bryant sack it was all second stringers on the line that series

it was. Ad several other times they were in there. That series was all the 2nd unit

Credit the front office (Whaley and staff) and hope they can continue to work this magic. A little time looking into the OL would be a wise use of their resources (said like they haven't considered this). Urbik was an improvement, but we need the quality and depth there that exists on the DL. With a great OL Orton looks good enough to make us a threat. We'd also be an attractive spot for a free agent QB or HC if need be.

Lawson could start for other teams I think - not as a star but as a solid contributor.

I've always been a big fan of Lawson.

Although his playing time has been reduced, he certainly makes the most of the snaps he gets. He always seems to be making plays when he is out there.

D line depth was key to the Seahawks incredible run last year, and it's the biggest thing they're missing this year, having lost a couple key rotation guys to free agency. A lot of us were pretty critical of the Marrone/Schwartz D line rotation when it meant Mario wasn't out there in the 4th quarter in a critical series in Houston, but today we saw what fresh defensive linemen can do against a tired offensive line.