Bills at Jets Postgame - Bye Week Information

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I noticed that. At first, it seemed like the throw was a tad behind Woods, but when you realize he chucked it before Woods even made the break, you see it was a fantastic throw. The DB had no chance to get his head around to make a play - even though the ball was so close to him - because of how early Orton threw it.

Jaws provided a breakdown of this play on ESPN yesterday where he showed a goalpost cam view of this play. It was fantastic.

Yeah, I noticed that. At first, it seemed like the throw was a tad behind Woods, but when you realize he chucked it before Woods even made the break, you see it was a fantastic throw. The DB had no chance to get his head around to make a play - even though the ball was so close to him - because of how early Orton threw it.

This underscores why WRs and QBs need to be on the same page, and why an NFL QB can't "wait for a guy to get open."

I don't think it's been discussed too much, but Schmidt has done a pretty darn good job punting the ball this year! Certainly an upgrade for our special teams. Also, didn't realize how shredded he was. Our punter can beat up your punter, <insert team>

Crossman on Jets attempted trick kick return

In the third quarter Sunday with the Jets desperate to get something going to improve their field position, they called a lateral pass on a kickoff return. Fortunately Buffalo’s coverage unit was ready for it.

Bills special teams coordinator Danny Crossman explained what happened.

Run game on Bills to-do list during bye

While the players get a weekend off from the grind of games the offensive staff will be looking for solutions to their run game in an effort to rediscover the production they had in the first month of the season

Offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett says part of the challenge has been adapting from a read option capable QB in EJ Manuel to a pocket QB in Kyle Orton.

Sammy Watkins: "I've Still Gotta Be Prepared" (1:19)

WR Sammy Watkins talks about his Bye week plans and what we should expect to see from him in the second half of the season.

Doug Marrone: "We Have a Lot of Work Ahead of Us" (4:28)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about sharing ideas with players and what he is focused on.

Doug Marrone: "That's the Best Way to Learn" (3:41)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about the development of quarterbacks in the NFL and a message he has for the players.

Doug Marrone: "Confidence and Preparation" (6:44)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about getting the run game going and his bye week plans.

Two points. First, the Bills were playing the NJJ in NJ, a week after the NJJs almost (shoulda) beat the Patriots in Foxboro. Tom Brady a week earlier was 20/37 for 261 and three TDs, and he was fighting hard for the win all the way. I think Orton could easily have had 400 yards against that secondary if necessary, but he did enough to win easily, he didn't get pummeled behind our rotten O line against the Jets great pass rush, he didn't throw any picks or do anything to light a fire under the Jets -- let's just enjoy the win.

Second, it's the season to talk about coaching moves, and I think the biggest threat is that Schwartz becomes the new HC of the Jets next season. The Bills pulled a rabbit out of their hat when Pettine left suddenly, but who would Schwartz's replacement be? And who's the better coach, Marrone or Schwartz? The Jets will get their personnel situation figured out in 3 or 4 years, and if Schwartz is still their guy, watch out.

Nathaniel Hackett: "I Want More Too" (4:24)

Offensive Coordinator Nathaniel Hackett talks about handling the moving parts on offense and QB EJ Manuel.

Nathaniel Hackett: "Wear Down the Defense" (3:37)

Offensive Coordinator Nathaniel Hackett talks about staying persistent with the run game and working with QB Kyle Orton.

Nathaniel Hackett: "This is a Big Moment" (4:10)

Offensive Coordinator Nathaniel Hackett talks about Kyle Orton's demeanor and having success in the red zone.

Two points. First, the Bills were playing the NJJ in NJ, a week after the NJJs almost (shoulda) beat the Patriots in Foxboro. Tom Brady a week earlier was 20/37 for 261 and three TDs, and he was fighting hard for the win all the way. I think Orton could easily have had 400 yards against that secondary if necessary, but he did enough to win easily, he didn't get pummeled behind our rotten O line against the Jets great pass rush, he didn't throw any picks or do anything to light a fire under the Jets -- let's just enjoy the win.

Second, it's the season to talk about coaching moves, and I think the biggest threat is that Schwartz becomes the new HC of the Jets next season. The Bills pulled a rabbit out of their hat when Pettine left suddenly, but who would Schwartz's replacement be? And who's the better coach, Marrone or Schwartz? The Jets will get their personnel situation figured out in 3 or 4 years, and if Schwartz is still their guy, watch out.

re: Schwartz.... Marrone addressed that possibility of him leaving in the offseason (I believe a reporter asked about it) and he indicated the replacement, if needed, was already on the staff. He said continuity in scheme was important so they already have a succession plan in place. I think he is referring to pepper Johnson.

Kyle Williams: "Some Big Games in Front of Us" (2:27)

Defensive tackle Kyle Williams talks about the next step for the Bills after the bye and carrying the momentum of the two game win streak.

Kyle Williams: "What I Think is Different" (2:16)

Defensive tackle Kyle Williams talks about getting some rest during the bye week and what he sees different in this year's team.

@BuffaloBillsPR

.@viccarucci takes a in-depth look at the #Bills D and their impressive performance thus far. Check it out here: http://bufbills.co/LaNSrf