Pegulaville in 10 years

It all starts with the Buffalo Bills and Sabres. They need to become winning franchises again. That brings public and private interests and national media attention. There are plenty of people within 3 hours of Buffalo who can come here and leave the same day! The Sabres are on there way by bottoming out first and already being loaded with draft pics. They picked up some players that cold reap more also at the trading deadline again. I will focus on the Bills, than Buffalo's downtown.

The Buffalo Bills will need major change to be considered a franchise organization again. I think everyone goes except Shwartz and Pepper Johnson. Terry and Kim hold Ownership Power, President/CEO respectively. I think Overdorf stays for while, cap is tricky. Buffalo hires Consultant Bill Polian, he is going into the Hall of Fame this year(Great Media Day!). He works with Terry to hire next GM, I believe will be Chris Polian. They than hire next head coach. All kinds of top names and money could be sent but the next great head coach for the Bills will be Frank Reich! Schwartz will remain Assistant Headcoach/DC with a huge raise to stay, 6 year contracts for both.

Position coaches will all be ex players, some former Bills. Pepper Johnson D-line, Talley LB's, Reed WR's, Thurman RB's, Kelso S, Wolford O-line, Young or Marino QB's, Troy Vincent DB's, Pete Metzallars TE. Fred Smerlas as Team trainer.

Pegula Goes Wild! Terry and Kim invest in Buffalo and get help in different areas. NFL agrees to loan Buffalo Bills 500 million towards new Superbowl style stadium, NYS and US government invest 1 billion for infrastructure. Terry an Kim Pegula add 1 Billion for stadium and 500 million for Waterfront tie in to stadiums and new Convention Center. Rochester invest in high speed rail connecting cities. Toronto does the same thing with new 6 way bridge and high-speed rail. Buffalo tied to rail system to Niagara Falls Canada. Bisons sign long term contract with Blue Jays and gets Buffalo loyality.

Buffalo Bills get new retractable roof stadium that seats 70k and connects to Convention Center, Sabres stadium, Habor Centre and Pegullavile on the Water. Buffalo rebuilds Central Station and becomes transportation hub again. Hotel and Restaurants showcase Buffalo/Western NY finest with Anchor Bar, Duffs, Dinosaurs, Red Osier, Teds, Nick Tahoes, Maria's, etc.

Pegulaville built around Waterfront hotel called Pegula's and a Restaurant/Bar with full docks called The Ralph. A whole line of Store Outlets are built center around Field and Streams flagship store. In the winter it becomes a Winter Wonderland with skating, cross country skiing, tobogganing and snowmobiling paths all up and down Route 5.

Buffalo becomes a tourist attraction and a Hub for high speed rail to Cleveland, Pittsburg, Toronto, Niagara Falls and Rochester. Buffalo wins bid for Superbowl LX!

DAMN I WOKE UP!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

It all starts with the Buffalo Bills and Sabres. They need to become winning franchises again. That brings public and private interests and national media attention. There are plenty of people within 3 hours of Buffalo who can come here and leave the same day! The Sabres are on there way by bottoming out first and already being loaded with draft pics. They picked up some players that cold reap more also at the trading deadline again. I will focus on the Bills, than Buffalo's downtown.

The Buffalo Bills will need major change to be considered a franchise organization again. I think everyone goes except Shwartz and Pepper Johnson. Terry and Kim hold Ownership Power, President/CEO respectively. I think Overdorf stays for while, cap is tricky. Buffalo hires Consultant Bill Polian, he is going into the Hall of Fame this year(Great Media Day!). He works with Terry to hire next GM, I believe will be Chris Polian. They than hire next head coach. All kinds of top names and money could be sent but the next great head coach for the Bills will be Frank Reich! Schwartz will remain Assistant Headcoach/DC with a huge raise to stay, 6 year contracts for both.

Position coaches will all be ex players, some former Bills. Pepper Johnson D-line, Talley LB's, Reed WR's, Thurman RB's, Kelso S, Wolford O-line, Young or Marino QB's, Troy Vincent DB's, Pete Metzallars TE. Fred Smerlas as Team trainer.

Pegula Goes Wild! Terry and Kim invest in Buffalo and get help in different areas. NFL agrees to loan Buffalo Bills 500 million towards new Superbowl style stadium, NYS and US government invest 1 billion for infrastructure. Terry an Kim Pegula add 1 Billion for stadium and 500 million for Waterfront tie in to stadiums and new Convention Center. Rochester invest in high speed rail connecting cities. Toronto does the same thing with new 6 way bridge and high-speed rail. Buffalo tied to rail system to Niagara Falls Canada. Bisons sign long term contract with Blue Jays and gets Buffalo loyality.

Buffalo Bills get new retractable roof stadium that seats 70k and connects to Convention Center, Sabres stadium, Habor Centre and Pegullavile on the Water. Buffalo rebuilds Central Station and becomes transportation hub again. Hotel and Restaurants showcase Buffalo/Western NY finest with Anchor Bar, Duffs, Dinosaurs, Red Osier, Teds, Nick Tahoes, Maria's, etc.

Pegulaville built around Waterfront hotel called Pegula's and a Restaurant/Bar with full docks called The Ralph. A whole line of Store Outlets are built center around Field and Streams flagship store. In the winter it becomes a Winter Wonderland with skating, cross country skiing, tobogganing and snowmobiling paths all up and down Route 5.

Buffalo becomes a tourist attraction and a Hub for high speed rail to Cleveland, Pittsburg, Toronto, Niagara Falls and Rochester. Buffalo wins bid for Superbowl LX!

DAMN I WOKE UP!

and 7 championships!!!!

I almost puked when you started talking about the coaches coming in. It actually make me sick.

I don't think your far off with much of what you said however with some of your ideas with downtown though.

Personally, I think the following will happen:

Pegula and other investors (Jacobs, Rich, Galisano, etc) fully fund new retractable domes stadium and convention center with ZERO funds from the state, city, town.

In return, the state will be responsible for infrastructure changes over the course of xx amount of years. Additional subway routes will be key:

From UB South to UB North Campus

Additional stops at:

Galleria Mall

Airport

Boulevard Mall area

90/290/Transit Rd areas with Park N Rides

Possibly the old Central Terminal

Possibly T/NT/Canal area

Downtown Williamsville/Main St

Possibly adding a site at the Peace Bridge and at the Rainbow Brodge and Niagara Falls

Either the location will be downtown/waterfront however they may work a deal to have the Bethlahem Steel site given to them at no cost besides the responsibility of cleaning up the site.

With changes coming downtown to the grain mills, dredging the Buffalo river, turning the freight house into high end apts/condos/townhomes.

Due to customs and border crossings there is no way to add rail across the River. However stops on each end right up to each side is possible.

High speed rail is very much a possibility for Toronto to NF.

Buffalo to Roch

Roch to Syracuse

Syracuse to Albany

Albany to NYC

Trust me, my uncle is the Union Leader of CSX. It's things that have been talked about for years. It's just a matter of government funding.

I almost puked when you started talking about the coaches coming in. It actually make me sick.

I don't think your far off with much of what you said however with some of your ideas with downtown though.

Personally, I think the following will happen:

Pegula and other investors (Jacobs, Rich, Galisano, etc) fully fund new retractable domes stadium and convention center with ZERO funds from the state, city, town.

In return, the state will be responsible for infrastructure changes over the course of xx amount of years. Additional subway routes will be key:

From UB South to UB North Campus

Additional stops at:

Galleria Mall

Airport

Boulevard Mall area

90/290/Transit Rd areas with Park N Rides

Possibly the old Central Terminal

Possibly T/NT/Canal area

Downtown Williamsville/Main St

Possibly adding a site at the Peace Bridge and at the Rainbow Brodge and Niagara Falls

Either the location will be downtown/waterfront however they may work a deal to have the Bethlahem Steel site given to them at no cost besides the responsibility of cleaning up the site.

With changes coming downtown to the grain mills, dredging the Buffalo river, turning the freight house into high end apts/condos/townhomes.

Due to customs and border crossings there is no way to add rail across the River. However stops on each end right up to each side is possible.

High speed rail is very much a possibility for Toronto to NF.

Buffalo to Roch

Roch to Syracuse

Syracuse to Albany

Albany to NYC

Trust me, my uncle is the Union Leader of CSX. It's things that have been talked about for years. It's just a matter of government funding.

forget about it

10 years ago if someone said the Bills would be bought for 1.4 billion and kept in Buffalo I would have said you were on Meth! Anything is possible here. Allot of big money available, Buffalo is Central to allot of cities. At one time the city of Buffalo was a top 10 city. Dream! Some dreams come true.

Some of the coaching and GM stuff sounds terrible! A giant NO to Chris Polian. Ex Bills as coaches, since some of them have never coached or been proven as coaches where you put them .... I don't see the point.

The waterfront and downtown, I can see a few things happening but only Pegs and Kim have a clue what is going to happen there, plus there is no hurry, I can wait.

The idea of bringing in all these totally inexperienced famous players as coaches and expecting them to be better than people who have spent decades coaching is ludicrous fantasy. Very very few great players make good coaches.

The ability to play and the ability to teach others to play are different abilities. How many Hall of Fame players became Hall of Fame coaches? How many great scientists are even adequate teachers?

This whole post is silly.

The idea of the post was to dream about what might make you really happy about the Bills and Western NY. Reich is a very good OC for San Diego. Pepper Johnson was schooled under Bill Belicheck. Chris Polian was schooled under his Dad. Schwartz is already successful as a DC. The other positions were filled out for fun, though a few of them like Metzellar have already coached and Reed expressed interest. Also allot of NFL players have transitioned very well to coaching, Harbach is a very good example, Frank Reich also.

As far as Pegula's and the region go, there will be allot of Billionaires lining up to invest in Pegulaville. The Bills will be the flagship team and Buffalo the flagship city. You know why I know that, everytime I leave Buffalo for a job I am looking to come back.

GO TO SLEEP AND DREAM GOOD THINGS FOR BUFFALO! Some dreams are already coming true.

10 years ago if someone said the Bills would be bought for 1.4 billion and kept in Buffalo I would have said you were on Meth! Anything is possible here. Allot of big money available, Buffalo is Central to allot of cities. At one time the city of Buffalo was a top 10 city. Dream! Some dreams come true.

I have to say it does have the feeling of anything is possible around here lately.