Shots fired in Candian Parliament

Deranged Rhino

Why is there animosity towards the military? Is it what Boyst mentioned? Allying against ISIS. I mean really... How can people/countries NOT stand up against ISIS?

That I'm not sure about so I don't want to speculate too much until more is known. But based on the targets and the methods of attack, a tie to terrorism seems likely.

As someone who wears a military uniform daily here in the US, I'm starting to wonder if I should remove mine when I leave work. Scary it's coming to this

Please stay safe. I think it's an overreaction at the moment personally, but it might be a good idea.

That I'm not sure about so I don't want to speculate too much until more is known. But based on the targets and the methods of attack, a tie to terrorism seems likely.

Please stay safe. I think it's an overreaction at the moment personally, but it might be a good idea.

Thanks man, just a thought, I'm not sure if I will, but it just makes you pause for a second.

As someone who wears a military uniform daily here in the US, I'm starting to wonder if I should remove mine when I leave work. Scary it's coming to this

I am not active military... But DoD civilian... I usually wear USACE (Corps of Engineers) logo stuff to an from work. I never really gave it a thought. I wonder if our field site (my work site) will have to make more security accomodations... It's prominently marked and looks military (bacause it is).

I am not active military... But DoD civilian... I usually wear USACE (Corps of Engineers) logo stuff to an from work. I never really gave it a thought. I wonder if our field site (my work site) will have to make more security accomodations... It's prominently marked and looks military (bacause it is).

HAHA someones going to take out a carp counter?

HAHA someones going to take out a carp counter?

The Fish and Widlife Service are the one's counting the carp... I count commodities like iron, coal, chromium and steel.

Anyway, I am not so worried about myself, I am expendable... It's the facilities and the damage that can be done to it and the people around the area. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to light the wick on 6,400 tons of jet fuel though.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I told the story here how a few Christmas' ago, they let us (wife and two children) into Ontario without passports or asking for a shred of ID. I wasn't sure what the deal was with regs/laws so I went to Duty Free by the Rainbow Bridge to inquire. Bad thing is, you gotta cross the border once you pull into the DF lot (spikes going the other way)... Okay, so we go and cross the border... Canadian Customs (older lady that looked like she didn't play) officer says: "Where you from, where you going?" Just like the old days... We say: "Illinois, going to spend the day @ The Falls." She says: "Fine, have a nice day."

Now... The only problem was getting back home to the states. We cross back into NYS after about 8 hours and the US Customs officer asks for all of our passports. We say: "They are @ home in Illinois, but we have ID... Even for the children." Boy did he go ballistic and read us the riot act. I said that Canadian Customs just let us in like the old days... I wasn't sure what the new regs/laws were. I felt like getting smart and say: "What we can't come back into our own country?" But... My superior discretion got the best of me! ;-) ;-) Should I say, he wasn't a happy camper.

That said, all my prayers to Canada.

Thread hijack but why is this surprising? Different countries, different rules. What does the US Customs guy care what the Canadian Customs person does?

Thread hijack but why is this surprising? Different countries, different rules. What does the US Customs guy care what the Canadian Customs person does?

I don't know... Maybe you should ask him, I wanted to but I figured that might not be in our best interest to get him more riled up.

What exactly is ISIS to you?

I am not really sure what you mean by this.

The enemy to a more peaceful world. An entity that should NOT exist.

??

I am not really sure what you mean by this.

The enemy to a more peaceful world. An entity that should NOT exist.

??

So they're just an enemy? And how do you know they have become the actual "enemy" that is a threat to the daily life of this country? Because Western media says so? Because there has been some clean and well recorded videos of them executing some Western people/journalists sent to media outlets?

Every single piece of footage to come out of Iran, Syria or Iraq connected to ISIS is totally suspect.

I suggest you look as to how groups that are deemed to be an immediate threat to the West like ISIS and Al-Qaeda come about in the first place. These groups just don't magically appear and have the networking to facilitate and arm large numbers of their members like the media would have you believe.

Look up "Operation Cyclone" for Al-Qaeda and for ISIS refer to Mossad-MI5-CIA / NSA: "Hornets Nest".

So they're just an enemy? And how do you know they have become the actual "enemy" that is a threat to the daily life of this country? Because Western media says so? Because there has been some clean and well recorded videos of them executing some Western people/journalists sent to media outlets?

Every single piece of footage to come out of Iran, Syria or Iraq connected to ISIS is totally suspect.

I suggest you look as to how groups that are deemed to be an immediate threat to the West like ISIS and Al-Qaeda come about in the first place. These groups just don't magically appear and have the networking to facilitate and arm large numbers of their members like the media would have you believe.

Look up "Operation Cyclone" for Al-Qaeda and for ISIS refer to Mossad-MI5-CIA / NSA: "Hornets Nest".

I am not sure what you are getting at. Are you saying ISIS is not a threat?