Kyle Orton Was The Most Pivotal Quarterback In Week 7

Kyle Orton Was The Most Pivotal Quarterback In Week 8

x5dsli7eh3lpwaknsuij.jpg

According to data from Brian Burke of Advanced Football Analytics, Kyle Orton had three of the NFL's top five most positive plays of the week on the Bills' game-winning drive.

Orton's fourth-down completion to Scott Chandler raised the Bills' Win Probability 28 percentage points from 4 percent to 32 percent. Orton's completion to Sammy Watkins four plays later raised Win Probability 27 percentage points from 19 percent to 46 percent. His completion to Chris Hogan two plays after the Watkins completion raised the Bills' Win Probability 59 percentage points from 24 percent to 83 percent. This led to the game-winning touchdown pass to Watkins two plays later. Significant increases in Win Probability happen when a quarterback makes big completions like this near the end of a tight game.

As a Bills fan, it's been a very, very long time since I've seen something like that final Bills' drive. :) Orton was definitely clutch.

If only Hackett could call plays like that more often, and if only the offensive line could be reasonably functional (as it was during that drive), we'd have the makings of a real offense!

As a Bills fan, it's been a very, very long time since I've seen something like that final Bills' drive. :) Orton was definitely clutch.

If only Hackett could call plays like that more often, and if only the offensive line could be reasonably functional (as it was during that drive), we'd have the makings of a real offense!

a long time as in last season versus the Panthers?

No cj, no FJ, worse OL, 4th and what conversion?

Panthers comeback was good no doubt. This one was much more dramatic and difficult to achieve bc of the mentioned circustances.

I dunno, they probably equal. That comeback vs panthers was impressive

Having second thoughts.

Not sure why you had to make this thread into another EJ debate

No cj, no FJ, worse OL, 4th and what conversion?

Panthers comeback was good no doubt. This one was much more dramatic and difficult to achieve bc of the mentioned circustances.

I dunno, they probably equal. That comeback vs panthers was impressive

Having second thoughts.

Not sure why you had to make this thread into another EJ debate

Because eventually every thread that puts Orton in a positive light is going to turn into an EJ debate. It's inevitable as there are still people out there that feel EJ is better than KO.

That entire drive was to insane. With all the negative things that were happening, sacks, false starts, intentional grounding, I would love to see the win probability graph for that final drive. It has to be all over the place.

Because of the penalties and sacks, Orton passed for 105 yards on that drive.

Thats nuts. Yup, I'll stick with my original gut answer.

i don't look at one drive as being more impressive than the other. They were both pretty darn impressive for different reasons. Ej was in his 2nd game as a pro and went down the field on a playoff defense, reportedly with his headset out. Orton had a ton if adversity in his drive and, IMO, the more impressive TD throw.

Ej wasn't as impressive on that drive. Dink and dunks + a huge penalty. Orton made great throw after throw. Can't compare the 2 IMO. Yes, Ej had less time and no TOs, kudos to Ej. He got the win. No chance he gets the win sunday the way I see it.

ORTON >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ej

Edited by NewEra

That entire drive was to insane. With all the negative things that were happening, sacks, false starts, intentional grounding, I would love to see the win probability graph for that final drive. It has to be all over the place.

When you have to travel 105 yards just to go 80, you aren't doing anything to help yourself. Takes a special QB to meet that adversity and overcome it. Still, I'd prefer to see Orton take a knee to end a game vs. having to throw a last second TD pass.

GO BILLS!!!