I expect the offense to improve significantly...

eball

But don't you know? They have the worst pair of starting offensive guards in the history of all versions of football, pee wee through the NFL!

Question -- whose D-line is better, the Lions or the Jets? Or are they of similar quality?

Imagine what these guys must look like going up against md99 an kW everyday in practice?

general comments to various posts .

sometimes the O Line looks horrid because of the abilities of the man behind center.

and if thinks keep going as they have the last 3 weeks I expect the Jets to pick up one or more INT's and get a fumble or 2.

You can't always believe what the stats tell you. The Bills #1 rushing D performed poorly compared to the previous 6 weeks nearly double the YPC - 5.4 from 3.0 and total yards allowed @ 158 from 80.4.

you're getting way too predictable. Defend ej, find a way to criticize orton, tell us how the bills defense actually isn't that good. We get it. You need some new material man. And you botch stats just about every time you cite one. The Bills defense is now allowing 80 YPG. Prior to the Minnesota game they were allowing a league best 67. They're now a miserable 4th in the league against the run. Edited by metzelaars_lives

general comments to various posts .

sometimes the O Line looks horrid because of the abilities of the man behind center.

and if thinks keep going as they have the last 3 weeks I expect the Jets to pick up one or more INT's and get a fumble or 2.

You can't always believe what the stats tell you. The Bills #1 rushing D performed poorly compared to the previous 6 weeks nearly double the YPC - 5.4 from 3.0 and total yards allowed @ 158 from 80.4.

And sometimes, like right now, the OL looks terrible because they are....

you're getting way too predictable. Defend ej, find a way to criticize orton, tell us how the bills defense actually isn't that good. We get it. You need some new material man. And you botch stats just about every time you cite one. The Bills defense is now allowing 80 YPG. Prior to the Minnesota game they were allowing a league best 67. They're now a miserable 4th in the league against the run.

are you saying the D was at its best Vs the Vikes?

Did I specifically say EJ or Orton the guy behind center?

Stop assuming

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

And sometimes, like right now, the OL looks terrible because they are....

that too. LOL

No of course not. The lack of run defense against a lackluster running attack was alarming. I'm just saying that every time you quote numbers you're wrong.

no the numbers are not wrong. What is wrong is how people twist them to make things look like Orton is GOD.

I never said EJ is a God and can do no wrong,and I have said he could improve. again the point here is - I am saying Orton has not been great to warrant all the praise people are giving him.

that too. LOL

no the numbers are not wrong. What is wrong is how people twist them to make things look like Orton is GOD.

I never said EJ is a God and can do no wrong,and I have said he could improve. again the point here is - I am saying Orton has not been great to warrant all the praise people are giving him.

Yes you are. You said that the Bills were giving up 80 YPG on the ground before the Vikings game. They were giving up 67; they are giving up 80 now. It is not a big deal but honestly every time you try and make a point citing numbers, you are always wrong. I have continued to say on this website that Orton is good for one bad pick a game and is a statue in the pocket. That is why he is a journeyman QB. He is not a deity. But anyone who doesn't believe our offense isn't markedly more efficient with Orton in there simply doesn't understand the game of football and/or is trying to justify to themselves their stance of questioning the QB switch back when it happened. And furthermore, he has thrown three picks and lost two fumbles in three games. Why the need to predict that he will all of a sudden throw more than one pick against a secondary that only has one pick on the entire season? Just admit that you are incapable of being objective about the Bills' QB situation.

People are quick to pile on Hackett, but look at this last weeks game, first drive of the game had the Bills in the redzone with the possibility to get at least 3 points, if not 7. They had another drive later end in the redzone by a fumble. I think there was a stat after the first 3 games that showed the Bills were in the top 5 in trips to the redzone, but just weren't converting, and I think a lot of that was EJ.

And, if you look at the All 22, there usually is 1 or 2 receivers running open on the passing play. The problems have largely been the OL, which I'm not sure fall on him.

EDIT: And just to prove the point more, the Bills are ranked 11th in average redzone trips per game. Teams behind the Bills include New England, Denver and Dallas.

Devil's advocate...where do those teams rank in explosive scoring plays? over 20 yds?

I think its important to stay on topic w/o generalizations on both sides. The title of the thread said that SIGNIFICANT improvements are expected. Based upon our performances vs the Lions and Vikings( 17 pts in those games), its safe to say our Oline will have similar struggles vs the Jets, whos Dline is comparable to that of the lions and better than the Vikings.

That being said, the Jets secondary is garbage and our WR should have a field day if we dont draw up plays that require orton to just stand back there for 5sec. Like other posters have mentioned, i would also like to see an approach that focuses more on quicker/shorter routes unless we see that the Jets arent getting that much pressure.

We'll see. I expect a hard fought win.

Devil's advocate...where do those teams rank in explosive scoring plays? over 20 yds?

Exactly. I thought the same thing. Conversely, how many TD's do we have from more than 20 yards out? Mike Williams against Houston, Watkins last week- that's it, right?

I'm not sure that's relevant to my point, but I would say without looking probably higher. A team can't relay on explosive long play TD's. My point is that the offense is moving the ball judging by the amount of trips inside the redzone.

As far as I'm concerned you can throw those #s out the window. The Bills have the worst guard tandem in the NFL and the Jets may have the best interior line. Orton is going to have a lot of trouble getting comfortable and I really don't see him lighting up that defense. We were 1 second away from losing to the Vikings - folks need to temper their expectations a LOT. I expect the Bills to get shutout on Sunday.

You need to change your name to Coach Wednesday after this post?