Kyle Orton Haters

DaBills51

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are averaging 69 Rushing YPG at 2.6 YPC since Orton took over. Both numbers are good for last place in the NFL. But it's Orton's fault the offense isn't scoring. Yawn.

No don't you see? EJ was helping the run game because he was such a mobile threat!!

No don't you see? EJ was helping the run game because he was such a mobile threat!!

Well, those stats kinda bear that out.

Again, if you think 19 points per game is fine, more power to you. I'd love to see a 30 point game and I could care less how many yards passing Orton has. Just put points on the board. The defense is going to break down if we keep asking them to win games.

I think we have been waiting for the next Jim Kelly for so long that our notion of what we want in a QB has reached absurd levels. We want a guy who was a stud in college, who throws 90%, never turns the ball over, never gets sacked, never misses a throw, and a pure pocket passer that moves like the Michael Vick of old. And we believe every draft has 2 or 3 of these guys.

But there's something else...every QB we get we immediately start chipping the paint off to look for flaws. It must be a defense mechanism. We don't want to emotionally invest in any QB because we know they will let us down at some point. So we start putting them down right off the bat so we can say we knew they weren't any good all along. We could get to a Super Bowl and people here would still be talking about Orton not being good enough.

Unrealistic expectations + no QB is good enough = Waiting for Godot.

Again, if you think 19 points per game is fine, more power to you. I'd love to see a 30 point game and I could care less how many yards passing Orton has. Just put points on the board. The defense is going to break down if we keep asking them to win games.

That's a pretty selective interpretation. This is what is meant by confirmation bias.

I think we have been waiting for the next Jim Kelly for so long that our notion of what we want in a QB has reached absurd levels. We want a guy who was a stud in college, who throws 90%, never turns the ball over, never gets sacked, never misses a throw, and a pure pocket passer that moves like the Michael Vick of old. And we believe every draft has 2 or 3 of these guys.

But there's something else...every QB we get we immediately start chipping the paint off to look for flaws. It must be a defense mechanism. We don't want to emotionally invest in any QB because we know they will let us down at some point. So we start putting them down right off the bat so we can say we knew they weren't any good all along. We could get to a Super Bowl and people here would still be talking about Orton not being good enough.

Unrealistic expectations + no QB is good enough = Waiting for Godot.

Is Godot a junior or a senior?

do you people read? It is NOT HATE. It's criticism that Orton was brought in to win games and not by the thinnest of margins. EJ has already given us that.

What does that even mean? You understand that the majority of games in the NFL are decided in the 4th quarter, right? Where has EJ proven he can do that consistently? Orton is two out of three, and even against the Pats* he led the Bills to points in the 4th quarter.

do you people read? It is NOT HATE. It's criticism that Orton was brought in to win games and not by the thinnest of margins. EJ has already given us that.

EJ gave that to the team when the running game was effective; however, when it is not he is unable to move the ball through air effectively. Also, this is more of an indictment of the coaching, but, from what I recall since Marrone got here, none of the larger margin of victories came from the offensive production they came from ST or defensive help.

EJ gave that to the team when the running game was effective; however, when it is not he is unable to move the ball through air effectively. Also, this is more of an indictment of the coaching, but, from what I recall since Marrone got here, none of the larger margin of victories came from the offensive production they came from ST or defensive help.

Most large margin games usually come with help from the other phases. Unless you have a hall of famer under center.

dog14787@dog14787 4h4 hours ago

1. @ETNdudley After a win and I'm forced to read this garbage? You realize Kyle Orton is the 1st winning QB the Bills have had since Bledsoe?
    Expand

uEJU77dW_bigger.jpegJohn Dudley@ETNdudley 2h2 hours ago
    @dog14787 That's a pretty broad definition of "winning quarterback."

100_2060_bigger.JPGdog14787@dog14787 2h2 hours ago
    @ETNdudley A rusty Kyle Orton is currently 3rd in the NFL in completion percentage, 5th in yards/game, 2-1 and its time to trash him eh?

uEJU77dW_bigger.jpegJohn Dudley@ETNdudley 2h2 hours ago
    @dog14787 Check out his career. It's been defined by streaky play interrupted by killer interceptions. He's Rob Johnson with facial hair.

100_2060_bigger.JPGdog14787@dog14787 1h1 hour ago
    @ETNdudley Rob Johnson with Facial hair, how informative, but why would I expect anything different...

uEJU77dW_bigger.jpegJohn Dudley@ETNdudley 1h1 hour ago
    @dog14787 No, I'm being dead serious. Compare their career numbers. Eerily similar.

100_2060_bigger.JPGdog14787@dog14787 19m19 minutes ago
    @ETNdudley KO has won more games then RJ has started,3 times as many career wins, RJ went 1-7 last season with Bills,comparison is ludicrous

Happy to report today's article in my morning newspaper was much more reflective of how Bills players view veteran signal caller Kyle Orton.

I've done a flip flop, still reading the Erie Times News :thumbsup:

We haven't averaged 30 per game since Kelly retired. But is it Orton's fault? Or the fault of the interior line? Or the OC?