Kyle Orton Haters

DaBills51

Well, those stats kinda bear that out.

Again, if you think 19 points per game is fine, more power to you. I'd love to see a 30 point game and I could care less how many yards passing Orton has. Just put points on the board. The defense is going to break down if we keep asking them to win games.

I would just like to know why anyone would feel the lack of that 30 point game would be Kyle's fault

- His protection is aweful

- Nobody is buying the play action

- Fumbles by receivers galore

Do you realize that Orton was putting balls right on receivers in the Vikings game....they were driving down the field....and the receivers were killing the drives by fumbling the balls.

I havent checked it but it seems like Orton has converted EVERY red zone opportunity since he went in.....how many field goals have we actually kicked.

Like I have said many times previously. I have not given up on EJ Manuel.....I think having him hold the clipboard was the right move for the time being.......but offensive play has improved since we went to a vet. If they had pulled EJ out of that Texans game I FIRMLY believe we would be 5-2 right now

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to know why anyone would feel the lack of that 30 point game would be Kyle's fault

Do you realize that Orton was putting balls right on receivers in the Vikings game....they were driving down the field....and the receivers were killing the drives by fumbling the balls.

I havent checked it but it seems like Orton has converted EVERY red zone opportunity since he went in.....how many field goals have we actually kicked.

Like I have said many times previously. I have not given up on EJ Manuel.....I think having him hold the clipboard was the right move for the time being.......but offensive play has improved since we went to a vet. If they had pulled EJ out of that Texans game I FIRMLY believe we would be 5-2 right now

well said John :thumbsup:

Awesome post.

It's pretty clear that Orton has been an upgrade over EJ.

Might I suggest you clean your glasses.

IF Yardage is what you believe is the KEY to being successful, then you have it all wrong.

Protecting the ball is #1 and KO's lost it 5 times in 3 games IIRC

Or jj watt might have ripped one of Ortons legs off and beat him with it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: aint that the truth

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2014/seasontype/2

Look who's rated just above EJ?

old and slow is not a big improvement

IF Yardage is what you believe is the KEY to being successful, then you have it all wrong.

http://espn.go.com/n...14/seasontype/2

So a team can go 3 and out all the time as long as you keep the ball secure?

I understand that ball security is important but that thought is what held EJ back. He was too afraid of making a mistake that he wouldn't chuck the ball.

Mistakes happen its whether the players can overcome them.

Yardage indicates offensive movement, while a special number i.e, 300 yards in not the end all be all it does show the ball is being moved through the air.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

This type of stuff is just embarrassing . It aint about yardage lol hes a upgrade across the board

“He’s tough,” Chandler said. “He’s a guy who stands back there, not afraid to stand in there, not afraid to make throws into tight windows, trusting guys to make plays. We made some great plays as receivers, but you have to make those throws to give us those chances and it’s been a lot of fun and we hope it continues.”

If it does, it won’t only be because of what Orton does during the game. It also will be the product of what he does during the preparation.

“We’ve got young guys out there at receiver,” Chandler said. “All week, he’s able to help them see the things that he’s seeing. He’s helping them run routes the way he wants, so everybody’s on the same page. And his calming influence is good. He’s seen a lot of things in this league, and we’re able to trust that he knows what he’s seeing.

there simply is such a huge HUGE gap in ability that its just silly to keep trying to compare them

Orton just needs to not suck for him to help this team with our defense as it is. And, who knows, maybe he's the next Kurt Warner who finally gets it after a decade in the league, but even if he doesn't become the next Kurt Warner, if he can just maintain decent and competent play, he can help take this team to the playoffs.

How soon people forget.

I'd love to see old man Orton run the fast paced offense the way EJ had to last season. FAST paced all game...

He'd be hugging the oxygen tank between plays in the 2nd QTR.

So a team can go 3 and out all the time as long as you keep the ball secure?

I understand that ball security is important but that thought is what held EJ back. He was too afraid of making a mistake that he wouldn't chuck the ball.

Mistakes happen its whether the players can overcome them.

Yardage indicates offensive movement, while a special number i.e, 300 yards in not the end all be all it does show the ball is being moved through the air.

how many 3 and outs did Orton have Sunday?

OK - you want to argue yards per game as your measuring stick

passing leaders (who are losing)

Cousins #6

Cutler # 11

Glennon # 16

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

How soon people forget.

I'd love to see old man Orton run the fast paced offense the way EJ had to last season. FAST paced all game...

What does running a fast paced offense have to do with success in NFL?

How soon people forget.

OK - you want to argue yards per game as your measuring stick

passing leaders (who are losing)

Cousins #6

Cutler # 11

Glennon # 16

http://espn.go.com/n...ingYardsPerGame

That is an interesting selection. By yards there are several QB in the top ten who have losing records you are not selecting:

2 - Matt Ryan

4 - Drew Brees

6 - Jay Cutler

Does that mean they are all bad? OR in those cases it is a team issue?

I was agreeing that turnovers are not ideal, but they are not the # 1 thing either.

This offense is changing with Orton. It has Sammy and the receivers happy. From what I can see, fans are happy too because of more passing. He's going to turn the ball over more and take more sacks without a doubt. The Bills defense has been bailing him out and he's been finding ways to win late in 2 of 3 games so far.

We'll know about a month from now whether this was the right decision. If this team doesn't make the playoffs then it was a bad decision and the person/people responsible need to pay for it. This the NFL and that's how it works. EJ is being robbed of development.

Either way, let's move onto something else rather supposing who is better...Orton is the QB now, let's get behind him and see if the Bills can make the playoffs. Go Bills.

You have SERIOUSLY lost it man. You're so far gone there's no getting you back.

Just above EJ?

In ONE LESS GAME THAN EJ, Orton already has more passing yards and the same amount of TD's - which happens to be the #1 purpose of a QB unlike your belief that the #1 purpose of a QB is to protect the ball - if that were the case, the QB would never pass and just kneel every play - there, ball protected.

Again, IN ONE LESS GAME vs Defenses that are all ranked higher in pts/game against than the defenses EJ went against (including the chargers - lions give up less pts/game). He has already out thrown EJ and tied him in TD's. No OTAs. No training camp. Off the street. Off RETIREMENT.

Orton is completing his passes at a 68.5% clip - WHICH IS 3RD IN THE LEAGUE ONLY BEHIND ROMO AND MANNING - compared to EJ's putrid 58.0% completion % which on par with the likes of Jake Locker and Geno Smith.

Get a clue man.

Edited by bobobonators