The Bills have the best Dline in the league

Most people agreed we had a really good Dline going into the year but seldom went as far as saying they were the best. I'm going to go ahead and say that, at least through 7 games, the Bills have the #1 defense in the league.

We thought we'd be sacrificing sacks for protection in Shwartz's new scheme, yet here we are leading the league in sacks. Bills Dlinemen make up 3 spots in the league's top 10 individual sack leaders. Before today, we were ranked #1 in the league in run defense. We gave up some today, but we're still ranked 5th.

If we had Kiko next to Spikes and Bradham I'd go so far as to say they had the #1 front 7, but I'll wait until next year to see if that pans out.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people agreed we had a really good Dline going into the year but seldom went as far as saying they were the best. I'm going to go ahead and say that, at least through 7 games, the Bills have the #1 defense in the league.

We thought we'd be sacrificing sacks for protection in Shwartz's new scheme, yet here we are leading the league in sacks. Bills Dlinemen make up 3 spots in the league's top 10 individual sack leaders. Before today, we were ranked #1 in the league in run defense. We gave up some today, but we're still ranked 5th.

If we had Kiko next to Spikes and Bradham I'd go so far as to say they had the #1 front 7, but I'll wait until next year to see if that pans out.

I do miss Kiko! Early in this game and most of last, I was having doubts. But they rallied well and stepped up when the game was on the line. They seem well balanced and deep. I'm liking our DL for sure! Can they play both ways? I'm sure Williams and Darius played OL in high school?

Definitely the strength of the team, but we're always so hesitant to label anything Bills-related as "best in the league." I think we should embrace that they are indeed second to none when it comes to the defensive line.

On a semi-related note I also think it's safe to say that the Shepphard-for-Hughes trade is probably the most lopsided player-for-player trade in the entire history of the NFL. I looked around a bit and couldn't find a single instance that worked out better for one team.

Definitely the strength of the team, but we're always so hesitant to label anything Bills-related as "best in the league." I think we should embrace that they are indeed second to none when it comes to the defensive line.

I don't know. IMO, in terms of all around play it's a toss up between us and the Lions.

On a semi-related note I also think it's safe to say that the Shepphard-for-Hughes trade is probably the most lopsided player-for-player trade in the entire history of the NFL. I looked around a bit and couldn't find a single instance that worked out better for one team.

I hope the Bills can re-sign Dareus and Hughes to keep that line together. It is going to be tough. Dareus will get a 60M contract and Hughes would have to be paid something close. That is a lot of money to put on the table by the Pegulas.

And if Orton does take this team to the playoffs, then he would need starter money and Spikes is on a one year deal. You would have to pay him too. And finally, we have a crappy OL.

Edited by ganesh

Greg Bell for Cornelius Bennett was better for the Bills.

I hope the Bills can re-sign Dareus and Hughes to keep that line together. It is going to be tough. Dareus will get a 60M contract and Hughes would have to be paid something close. That is a lot of money to put on the table by the Pegulas.

If anyone is willing to spend the money to keep this unit together it's Pegula imo. I was really, really happy he got the team. I'm not nearly as worried about the Bills letting talent walk anymore.

I don't know. IMO, in terms of all around play it's a toss up between us and the Lions.

There are stats that go both ways. We have more sacks and have let up less rushing TDs while also allowing shorter runs, but because of today they have allowed less rushing yards per game.

Even the passing D isn't as terrible as people think imo. We've just played against some really good QBs in guys like Rivers, Brady, and even Cutler. Look what the Bills did today with Bridgewater. After today we've moved up to 18th in passing yards given up and I expect us to keep trending up as we get to some of the easier games in our schedule.