No mustache, no problem

YoloinOhio

That was the grittiest performance I've seen by a Buffalo QB in a loooong time.

If the line blocks like that next week against the Jets, Orton will need a stretcher. Haven't seen the broadcast but was Richardson responsible for 5 sacks?

That was the grittiest performance I've seen by a Buffalo QB in a loooong time.

If the line blocks like that next week against the Jets, Orton will need a stretcher. Haven't seen the broadcast but was Richardson responsible for 5 sacks?

felt like 15. And I didn't think id say this but orton is underpaid for the lack of protection he's getting.

Kyle was pretty average to bad today until the final drive. Bring back Uncle Rico!

He had some inaccurate throws. The INT was on him; and he should have done more to avoid the fumble. I agree there was room for improvement.

On the other hand, there were some nice plays too, even before the final drive. He finished with 283 yards and 2 TDs. (But a mediocre 6.6 yards per attempt.) On the other hand, he got no pass protection the whole game, except for that final drive. Also, the coaching was less than stellar. I remember one drive, in which the Bills ran it up the middle on first down for a 2 yard gain. Then they ran it up the middle on 2nd down for another 2 yard gain. It was then up to Orton to bail them out on 3rd and 6. The pass protection broke down almost immediately--what else is new--so he had to get rid of it quickly. He threw a 5 yard pass to Chandler; hoping he'd be able to lunge forward for that last yard. He couldn't, so the Bills had to punt.

One of the reasons that last drive was so effective was because Hackett no longer had the option of calling run, run, pass. If Hackett engaged in "last drive" type playcalling all game long, and if the offensive line blocked the whole game like it did on the last drive, we'd have a real offense.

He had some inaccurate throws. The INT was on him; and he should have done more to avoid the fumble. I agree there was room for improvement.

On the other hand, there were some nice plays too, even before the final drive. He finished with 283 yards and 2 TDs. (But a mediocre 6.6 yards per attempt.) On the other hand, he got no pass protection the whole game, except for that final drive. Also, the coaching was less than stellar. I remember one drive, in which the Bills ran it up the middle on first down for a 2 yard gain. Then they ran it up the middle on 2nd down for another 2 yard gain. It was then up to Orton to bail them out on 3rd and 6. The pass protection broke down almost immediately--what else is new--so he had to get rid of it quickly. He threw a 5 yard pass to Chandler; hoping he'd be able to lunge forward for that last yard. He couldn't, so the Bills had to punt.

One of the reasons that last drive was so effective was because Hackett no longer had the option of calling run, run, pass. If Hackett engaged in "last drive" type playcalling all game long, and if the offensive line blocked the whole game like it did on the last drive, we'd have a real offense.

we likely won't be able to run on the Jets. Passing on their secondary though is a different story. They will need to take advantage of their weak safeties and corners.

we likely won't be able to run on the Jets. Passing on their secondary though is a different story. They will need to take advantage of their weak safeties and corners.

I agree -- which is why I'll be furious if Hackett and St. Doug don't spread the field next week. Let's see all our WRs on the field at once, no more three TE sets. Let the strength of our team go to work against a weak Jest secondary.

Edited by GreggyT

if he was 72% completion with 2tds and no turnovers, he's probably starting somewhere for more than 5 mill/yr. that's who he is.

Oh okay. He could play great and win games but because you think he's mediocre, he is. We are a fickle bunch. We want a clutch QB. But then we get one and it's not good enough because he isn't winning pretty.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Oh okay. He could play great and win games but because you think he's mediocre, he is. We are a fickle bunch. We want a clutch QB. But then we get one and it's not good enough because he isn't winning pretty.

i never said he was mediocre. I said he's not perfect. Neither are a lot of QBs but the ones that are great make some serious coin and would not have been available to us.

72% comp is average to bad? :lol: He actually was terrific today but the two mistakes make you forget that.

If you think the completion % tells the story on his performance today, then you might want to study up. Both of his turnovers today were unforced errors that likely cost the team points. 6.6 YPA is also pretty pedestrian. He needs to play better, but I'm grateful for the win in a overall lackluster performance by the Orton and the team. They all need to play better next week or the Jets will crush them.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The Jets have an opportunity to hide their weak secondary with a strong pass rush. If they have high school level talent on their DL, they should be able to manage some pressures and an occasional sack. If they have college level talent on that DL, they should be disappointed with anything less than a five sack performance. :angry:

Maybe the above comments are hyperbole. But they're not nearly as hyperbolic as you might think! The offensive line's performance against the Vikings was absolutely pathetic. But I guess the line was due for a letdown, after their horse manure performance against the Patriots, and their fourth rate accomplishments against Detroit. Or the way they got manhandled against Houston for that matter.

I really, really, really hate to say this, but I think this line may actually miss Chris Williams. :o Was he great? No. Was he even a vaguely credible starter? Not really. But could he be relied on to slow defenders down a little on their way to the quarterback--at least from time to time? Yes. And that makes him a dramatic improvement over what I watched earlier today.