Does anyone belive that Drew Bledsoe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never see him getting half the votes needed. He'll never make it.

223425[/snapback]

I disagree; I think he's got a decent shot. As amazing as it might sound, outside of Buffalo (and possibly New England), people think Bledsoe is a very good QB. He's got a *great* reputation as a player, helped save two franchises (yes, Gillette Field was a direct result of DB, and we all know that he single-handedly revived interest in the Bills), is top 10 in nearly every passing category, has gone to two Superbowls, and has only been playing 12 years.

To compare to Testeverde, Bledsoe is only 5000 yards behind him, in six less seasons. Average TDs per season is 18.4 for DB, and only 14 for VT. Not even in the same ballpark.

I don't think he's a lock, but he's got a shot.

CW

If Drew stays healthy and wins a superbowl, he would be virtually certain to be enshrined in Canton.

This admittedly would be a tough road to pave.

223421[/snapback]

And if I broker an agreement between Palestine and Israel I will get a nobel peace prize

I disagree; I think he's got a decent shot.  As amazing as it might sound, outside of Buffalo (and possibly New England), people think Bledsoe is a very good QB.  He's got a *great* reputation as a player, helped save two franchises (yes, Gillette Field was a direct result of DB, and we all know that he single-handedly revived interest in the Bills), is top 10 in nearly every passing category, has gone to two Superbowls, and has only been playing 12 years.

223429[/snapback]

I love how losses are never Bledsoe's fault, but saving entire franchises he can do single-handedly.

I disagree; I think he's got a decent shot.  As amazing as it might sound, outside of Buffalo (and possibly New England), people think Bledsoe is a very good QB.  He's got a *great* reputation as a player, helped save two franchises (yes, Gillette Field was a direct result of DB, and we all know that he single-handedly revived interest in the Bills), is top 10 in nearly every passing category, has gone to two Superbowls, and has only been playing 12 years.

To compare to Testeverde, Bledsoe is only 5000 yards behind him, in six less seasons.  Average TDs per season is 18.4 for DB, and only 14 for VT.  Not even in the same ballpark.

CW

223429[/snapback]

dude, I think he was comparing him to Vinny facetiously

To compare to Testeverde, Bledsoe is only 5000 yards behind him, in six less seasons.  Average TDs per season is 18.4 for DB, and only 14 for VT.  Not even in the same ballpark.

CW

223429[/snapback]

He has good stats except for win %. And to be a HOF'er you need to be a winner.

I love how losses are never Bledsoe's fault, but saving entire franchises he can do single-handedly.

223433[/snapback]

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...r_sharp?mode=PF

It was a rather sad performance by Bledsoe (34.7 rating in the game), one of the troika of personalities who saved Patriots football in the early '90s along with owner Robert Kraft and former Patriots coach Bill Parcells.

CW

CW

223429[/snapback]

His stats are a joke! They are based on attrition. What NFL records does Drew hold? Most passes in a game-70. Yet he does not hold the record for most TDs or Yards in a game-nor come close. He also has the record for most attempts in a year-691 and he has the 3rd most attempts in a year- 636. Can you imagine the numbers any great QB could put up if they throw the ball 691 times in a year and 70 times in one game? The numbers that matter are completions, quarterback rating, touchdowns, offensive points and most importenly wins. 26-68 against teams with a winning record is pathetic. Drew sucks at all the catagorys that matter!

26-68 against teams with a winning record is pathetic.  Drew sucks at all the catagorys that matter!

223449[/snapback]

There it is.......that's the stat I was trying to think of earlier. That is horrible.

What NFL records does Drew hold? Most passes in a game-70.

Well, I'm sure it seemed like 70.

No SB, no HOF. And it becomes increasingly difficult to believe he can do it with this team...or any other team.

Y'know what would be messed up? Jets are looking for an experienced vet to backup Chad. How funny would it be if Bledsoe somehow made it over to the Jets.

QB for three teams in one division. There's a resume.

His stats are a joke!  They are based on attrition.  What NFL records does Drew hold?  Most passes in a game-70.  Yet he does not hold the record for most TDs or Yards in a game-nor come close.  He also has the record for most attempts in a year-691 and he has the 3rd most attempts in a year- 636.  Can you imagine the numbers any great QB could put up if they throw the ball 691 times in a year and 70 times in one game?  The numbers that matter are completions, quarterback rating, touchdowns, offensive points and most importenly wins.  26-68 against teams with a winning record is pathetic.  Drew sucks at all the catagorys that matter!

223449[/snapback]

He pretty much re-wrote the entire Buffalo Bills passing record book...

CW

He pretty much re-wrote the entire Buffalo Bills passing record book...

CW

223464[/snapback]

Okay, NOW you're starting to tick me off, bro lol

Why?  He did...

CW

223467[/snapback]

He's no Jim Kelly and he never will be.........I was afraid that's where you were about to go. Just making sure :w00t:

His stats are a joke!  They are based on attrition.  What NFL records does Drew hold?  Most passes in a game-70.  Yet he does not hold the record for most TDs or Yards in a game-nor come close.  He also has the record for most attempts in a year-691 and he has the 3rd most attempts in a year- 636.  Can you imagine the numbers any great QB could put up if they throw the ball 691 times in a year and 70 times in one game?  The numbers that matter are completions, quarterback rating, touchdowns, offensive points and most importenly wins.  26-68 against teams with a winning record is pathetic.  Drew sucks at all the catagorys that matter!

223449[/snapback]

but, it wasn't his fault

He has career "73" QB rating.  That's pretty average.

:lol:

223495[/snapback]

Do you think Elway was a good QB?

His rating was 79.

How about Joe Nameth?

His rating was a 65.5.

The QB rating isn't really that great a stat.

CW

Drew's won 2 AFC Champ. games (yes he play 2 and a half qts against Pitt so he gets the win). Thats two more than Payton. In 94 he took his team on a 5 game winning streak to get them into the playoffs. Similar situation in 96-97. Willed his team into the play offs with the a broken finger - three wins in a row, two against divisional rivals, one against conference rival- The steelers. I think Bills and Miami were all pretty good that year.

He's won pleanty of big games.

He has good stats except for win %.  And to be a HOF'er you need to be a winner.

223436[/snapback]

Yeah, like Joe Namath :lol:

Namath Career Stats

Highest passer rating: 74.3

75-89-4 record in 12 years (NYJ record, not his starting record)

Yeah, gotta be a winner to be a HOF QB

As much as folks hate to admit he definitely has a shot even if her were to retire today. In the end, this is a popularity contest with many folks who we think are no-brainers to add (Ralph Wilson) not getting in and a few questionable sorts getting in (I don;t even want to have that argument so I won't name names.

Bledsoe will have a tough time because he has not really led a team to an SB victory which along with top 10 QB stats in some aspects of the game, and various storied achievements which rep is built upon (Pro Bowl appearances, revival of your play over a number of years, a rep as a gamer and teacher of next generation) are things which can allow you to win a popularity contest among the HOF pickers.

Yet, though Bledsoe has not led a team to SB glory, this is not a disqualifier if you have an advocate willing to pitch your name based on other factors. Bledsoe has the longevity and various pass happy offenses to rack up top 10 QB #2 even if it is mostly in passes attempted or other volume stats. He had made the Pro Bowl a number of times and it occured when folks had written him off as done as when he came to the Bills in 2002. He has a rep as a real gamer who thinks team first and Brady gives him credit for helping him develop when he had to step in for Bledsoe. Add to that he did lead one team to the SB under Parcells which is more than many better QBs did (Peyton to date and equal to Marino) and in fact did play an essential role in playing QB in the majority of a must win game and throwing the winning TD against Oakland in their 2001 SB season.

Will Bledsoe make the HOF? Who knows Ralph isn't in, but who kbnows Ralph isn't in. Despite the Bledsoe haters he certainly will get real consideration and if you are in the mix it really comes down to whether you have enough buddies on the HOF committee willing to carry your water.

I think the critical factor for Bledsoe will be how long he plays and thus the competition when he is eligible to go in. If he is up against the Kellys and the Elways fuggabouit they will recognize the better QBs. However, if he is up against the Testaverde's, the Dilfer's or even the Warner's then my guess is that he is in.