Attention Bledsoe Bashers

Kelly the Dog

If Drew plays the season anything like he played that first (and only) drive, we're going to the playoffs led by Drew Bledsoe. What more do you want from him? I know it is only pre-season. I know it means nothing. I know he cannot do that every series. But Drew bashers have been saying he cannot step up in the pocket. he cannot throw short passes. He cannot avoid a rush. He cannot make quick decisions. And he has, so far, done everything the coaches have asked him to, and everything that he allegedly cannot do. I don't expect every drive to be precision perfect, or go 90 yards. But what I see in Drew is exactly what we need to see in Drew. And if he plays as he has been playing this pre-season, the Bills are going to be a tough team to beat.

Amen! Why be negative during preseason...looked great...hope it continues...the thing to remember is that this is OUR team - season starts Sept.12 AT HOME...LET'S GET IT LOUD ON OPENING DAY!!!! Forget what you don't like and GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!!

The thing I'm looking forward to is Drew and the offensive line getting more and more comfortable with the offense as the year goes on. I think by week 5 we will see more effective line play and a more efficient offense.

I think he's looking too skinny. The leaner meaner Drew might not be able to absorb the hits as well as old Drew. That being said, I think he's has embraced coaching methods ( the clock and the constant questioning by Sam) other 12 year vets may have found beneath them. To me that shows a great attitude and willingness to learn. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

First off, I am not a Bledsoe basher, I have been on his side. After watching tonight's game I will say that he has looked impressive this preseason. Ok, he only led one TD drive, but he looks very comfortable in the pocket. I think Drew is ready to comeback and show the NFL that he is still a strong QB.

how did his o-line look tonight compared to the last 3 games?...im hopeing this will vastly improve DB..listening to avp it sounded like they really worked together good...it was an exciting drive from what it sounded on radio...hope bills can reduce that 17 penalties to under 7...lol

He's looked better since the first preseason game against Denver. He's no JP Losman, but his set-up and delivery are much more efficient (dare I say quicker?) than I have seen from him the past two years. If you combine that with a better performance from the O-line, I think you begin to see our offense making some substantial strides. I don't know how any Bills fan cannot be encouraged by what Drew's shown so far this year.

If Drew plays the season anything like he played that first (and only) drive, we're going to the playoffs led by Drew Bledsoe. What more do you want from him? I know it is only pre-season. I know it means nothing. I know he cannot do that every series. But Drew bashers have been saying he cannot step up in the pocket. he cannot throw short passes. He cannot avoid a rush. He cannot make quick decisions. And he has, so far, done everything the coaches have asked him to, and everything that he allegedly cannot do. I don't expect every drive to be precision perfect, or go 90 yards. But what I see in Drew is exactly what we need to see in Drew. And if he plays as he has been playing this pre-season, the Bills are going to be a tough team to beat.

16893[/snapback]

:P

Bledsoe sucks....he isn't ever going to amount to anything....he went to all those pro bowls for nothing....so what if he QB'd in a superbowl.......

16945[/snapback]

After his wretchedly brutal performance last year, I would tend to agree.

But I'm willing to give him one more chance.

Right.... Bledsoe leads a 90 yd. opening drive against a banged up and lowly Lions defense in a meaningless preseason game and you think that this is going to be the rule rather than the exception?

Don't be fooled. At best, again, AT BEST, you could perhaps see the bledsoe of two years ago for the first 6 or seven games... until other teams figure out how they're protecting him and how the Bills offense works. All bledsoe has to do is hand the ball to TH and that would suffice.... but NO, he will revert back to himself and won't resist audibling on a 3rd and 2 and attempt a pass and get sacked instead of doing the right thing.

Drew is Drew... a very nice fellow, but no longer an NFL starting QB. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble. I know, sometimes the truth hurts... but together we'll get through it. We'll go through another dismal season... 7-9, maybe 8-8 with Drew under center... but next year with Drew either gone or carrying a clipboard we will rise to the top with JP.

My biggest concern is still with Drew being able to make quick decisions. When our defense gets pushed in preseason it's because we are using vanilla packages - well aren't the other teams using vanilla packages against Drew?

I want to see Drew respond while being blitzed with disguised coverages before I believe he will be better than last year. I assume we're hitting him with everything in practise, but Jax will be the first test for the veteran quarterback.

I'm worried that Clements and Wyche might "swing the pendulum" too far the other way and Drew will be too quick to move to his outlet receiver. Jax will test this and use a couple of zone blitzes hoping Drew throws the ball into the chest of a defensive end when he's hurried.

Drew is Drew... a very nice fellow, but no longer an NFL starting QB.  Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.  I know, sometimes the truth hurts... but together we'll get through it.  We'll go through another dismal season... 7-9, maybe 8-8 with Drew under center... but next year with Drew either gone or carrying a clipboard we will rise to the top with JP.

17008[/snapback]

Why will we rise to the top with JP?