Who is the HC Next Year

RyanC883

Who is Bills HC Next Year (assuming no playoffs)   

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Bills HC Next Year--Not who you want, but who you think.

• Marrone gets another year
    • Schwartz
    • Frank Reich
    • Rex Ryan
    • Nate Hackett (had to)
    • Harbaugh
    • Someone else (list choice in comments)

No first round pick and no long-term solution at QB is going to make it difficult to get a good coach.

2016 new coach, new gm, new qb. Hope I am wrong but it doesn't look good.

I believe Harbaugh can help EJ Manuel develop better than this regime for the simple fact of what he's done for Alex Smith and Kap.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake about this, Frank may have been a clipboard holder much of his playing career, but he knows

the NFL very well. I know that at least our team would be ready to play, because Frank always was!

The dude is very smart, and if not already, is a very hot coaching coaching commodity, and we should probably

snatch him before the rest of the Leauge figures it out. Not sure how receptive he would be to coming back

to Buffalo, but seeing as how he played here, it might be easier to convince him, at least as a replacement

for can't Hackett next year.

I realize that they are trying to run him out of Frisco, but Hatbaugh was a clipboard holder for many of his

playing days too! There is something to be said about watching that much football from the sidelines, could

possibly be the best preparation for NFL coaching.

I wonder if you waited two more weeks what the responses will be. I see us beating both Minnesota and the Jets and going into the bye week at 5-3. I'll take that and I wonder how many people will still want to fire the HC. Yesterday was a poor performance against a good team. That happens sometimes. Look at the stinker the Seahawks put up against the Cowgirls. Would you want to fire Pete Carroll if you were a Hawks fan? Way to early for speculation like this. Let the season play out a bit and see how you feel. If you're looking for the perfect HC, I got a news flash for you. Only one team has ever gone undefeated in the history of the NFL. Every coach has games where their team plays poorly in certain games every single year. Silly thread IMO.

Edited by xsoldier54

I wonder if you waited two more weeks what the responses will be. I see us beating both Minnesota and the Jets and going into the bye week at 5-3. I'll take that and I wonder how many people will still want to fire the HC. Yesterday was a poor performance against a good team. That happens sometimes. Look at the stinker the Seahawks put up against the Cowgirls. Would you want to fire Pete Carroll if you were a Hawks fan? Way to early for speculation like this. Let the season play out a bit and see how you feel. If you're looking for the perfect HC, I got a news flash for you. Only one team has ever gone undefeated in the history of the NFL. Every coach has games where their team plays poorly in certain games every single year. Silly thread IMO.

Sorry man, but I can really only see us and the Browns as the only two teams that have absolutely been owned by another

team in their division. So it really isn't as you suggest, "every coach...team's playing poorly every single year against the same team",

it is us and Cleveland, and even they managed to turn that around yesterday.

Pete Carroll happens to have a Super Bowl notched on his belt already, so their fans are not likely to be calling for his head

anytime soon!

How does a team like Miami happen to beat the Pats as often as they do? We need a coach that has us prepared to play

in these super big early season games, and to date, I have not seen much evidence that Marrone does!

and when the Bills lose to those two teams they are supposed to beat, what then?

The cowgirls as you say spent their last 3 first round picks all on the O line, and the result is Dallas leading the NFL in rushing and in first downs by rushing. Plus, protecting Tony Romo, and giving him much more time to throw then he had in the past. Old Jerrah wanted to draft Johnny Football, and his son brilliantly talked him out of that move, and into drafting an OG. A move that a lot of Bills fans here say is a wasted pick, and its paying big dividends for Dallas.

But yea, you have a point about good teams losing games all the time. New England got owned by the Chiefs at Arrowhead, and then rebounded to own the unbeaten Bengals at their home.

The Thing is, this Buffalo Bills team has shown itself to be one dimensional in that all they want to do is throw 40+ times a game vs 20+ rushes. Which is something that isn't working out so well with two rookies, and a waste of space on that line. The Bills are currently fielding the worst graded line in the NFL. With no run game the defense is out on the field far to long and wears out, and the DB's get left hanging out to dry.

This team is lucky to be 3-3, and may not get many more wins the way they are game planning.

Sorry man, but I can really only see us and the Browns as the only two teams that have absolutely been owned by another

team in their division. So it really isn't as you suggest, "every coach...team's playing poorly every single year against the same team",

it is us and Cleveland, and even they managed to turn that around yesterday.

Pete Carroll happens to have a Super Bowl notched on his belt already, so their fans are not likely to be calling for his head

anytime soon!

How does a team like Miami happen to beat the Pats as often as they do? We need a coach that has us prepared to play

in these super big early season games, and to date, I have not seen much evidence that Marrone does!

Marrone's teams have played the Pats three times now. They played poorly yesterday for sure, mostly in the defensive secondary. My point is that this team still has a chance to finish with a decent record and make the playoffs. They are not SB contenders yet, so I would take that in a heartbeat. Beating the Patsies really doesn't mean any more to me than beating the Vikings and Jets the next two weeks. We play NE twice and even if we lose them both and still make the playoffs, nobody will be calling for the HC's head.

and when the Bills lose to those two teams they are supposed to beat, what then?

The cowgirls as you say spent their last 3 first round picks all on the O line, and the result is Dallas leading the NFL in rushing and in first downs by rushing. Plus, protecting Tony Romo, and giving him much more time to throw then he had in the past. Old Jerrah wanted to draft Johnny Football, and his son brilliantly talked him out of that move, and into drafting an OG. A move that a lot of Bills fans here say is a wasted pick, and its paying big dividends for Dallas.

But yea, you have a point about good teams losing games all the time. New England got owned by the Chiefs at Arrowhead, and then rebounded to own the unbeaten Bengals at their home.

The Thing is, this Buffalo Bills team has shown itself to be one dimensional in that all they want to do is throw 40+ times a game vs 20+ rushes. Which is something that isn't working out so well with two rookies, and a waste of space on that line. The Bills are currently fielding the worst graded line in the NFL. With no run game the defense is out on the field far to long and wears out, and the DB's get left hanging out to dry.

This team is lucky to be 3-3, and may not get many more wins the way they are game planning.

Yes, the sky is falling because we lost to the Patsies. We are 3-3 and I'll take our chances with both the Vikings and the Jets. If we do lose those two games as you suggest, then I'm perfectly willing to admit that you were right and I was wrong. Just don't see it happening though. At worst we will enter the break at 4-4 and at best 5-3.

Cowher has stated he wants to coach again if the right opportunity presents itself. (and a lot of $$$)

I'd say that him looking at the Bills defense has to make the man salivate like a hungry dog looking at a bone. He would also make the corrections to the O line, and build a power run game that can get first downs by rushing.

I think Cowher likes attention from the media, so he keeps the door open. Maybe a ridiculous offer will bring him back, but if that what it would take, how much is his heart really into it ? I at least believe that Marrone works hard.

Plus, how many coaches come back after such a long absence and are successful? None.

Harbaugh doesn't seem likely, somehow.

I'm wondering about assistants and college coaches. I don't expect Gruden, Harbaugh, or Cowher.

the fat guy from Scorpion on CBS

LOL +1

not a bad show if you can relate to the brainiacs.

I'll bet anyone here a Double Double at In n Out Burger, or the burger combo of your choice, that Marrone will be our coach in 2015.

And I am not a big Marrone fan or think he is the guy to lead us.

+1 Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think Cowher likes attention from the media, so he keeps the door open. Maybe a ridiculous offer will bring him back, but if that what it would take, how much is his heart really into it ? I at least believe that Marrone works hard.

Plus, how many coaches come back after such a long absence and are successful? None.

I'm wondering about assistants and college coaches. I don't expect Gruden, Harbaugh, or Cowher.

Vermeil...but your point is well taken its a rare occurrence.

works hard at what? Is he still out on the field in practice working with that O line? :sick:

Ever hear the nickname "the greatest show on turf"? Dick Vermeil was the HC of the Eagles from 76-82, and got them to a SB and lost. Retired from the NFL, as he said he wanted to do something else. Then spent the next 15 years in broadcasting, announcing for CBS & ABC.

Then at age 61, in 1997 he returned to the sidelines to be the head coach of the St Louis Rams, and in 1999, a short two years later the Rams were in the SB again with ex grocery boy-stockboy Kurt Warner as his QB. The Rams beat the Titans in the super bowl. Vermeil took the Eagles to the SB, the Rams to the SB, and after he left the Rams he went to KC and took them to a 13-3 record. The man is now 78 years old, and could probably take the Bills to the playoffs in one year.

Bill Cowher is currently only 57 years old, and I for one would love it that a guy with that spent 15 years in the NFL as a head coach and went 149-90-1. While his teams were in the playoffs 10 of those years, and two super bowls. Just think, Cowher managed to win all those games, and get to the playoffs with mostly scrubs at QB. It wasn't until Big Ben that he finally won a SB, and Cowher only had him for 3 years.