NFL Hid 100's of Domestic Abuse Incidents

Looked around. Used the extremely cumbersome search feature. Not sure if this has been talked about:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-jerry-angelo-says-nfl-hid-domestic-abuse-20141009-story.html

Ex-GM of the Bears, Jerry Angelo.

He's now backed off it... NFL get to him?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-jerry-angelo-bears-spt-1011-20141010-story.html

I saw an article a week or two ago showing that NFL arrests for domestic violence were lower than the general population. The author was trying to claim "see, players aren't bad!" All I thought was "or the league covers it up better than regular people."

I saw an article a week or two ago showing that NFL arrests for domestic violence were lower than the general population. The author was trying to claim "see, players aren't bad!" All I thought was "or the league covers it up better than regular people."

or it's just plain, simple and true.

Sorry, you'll have to explain...the league has covered up public records? Arrests are not something easily hidden, I think. Are the media in on this too?

It appears both.

Really? I read, "But on Thursday he made a startling charge that NFL teams failed to take action against players in “hundreds and hundreds” of domestic violence cases during his three decades in the league."

Is failing to suspend players covering it up? Why would they publicize negative PR? I don't see any claims towards hindering police investigations or helping players evade arrest/prosecution.

This article sounds like a lot of phooey from a disgruntled GM who is out of work.

Edited by FireChan

Really? I read, "But on Thursday he made a startling charge that NFL teams failed to take action against players in “hundreds and hundreds” of domestic violence cases during his three decades in the league."

Is failing to suspend players covering it up? Why would they publicize negative PR? I don't see any claims towards hindering police investigations or helping players evade arrest/prosecution.

This article sounds like a lot of phooey from a disgruntled GM who is out of work.

EII loves him a conspiracy.

Okaaay... He backpedaled a day later. Sounds like @ first he was speaking from his heart and clearing his conscience, IMO.

Not me. The Chicago Trib. It is just a report.

In fairness, when I just read the headline, I thought, "that figures." Then I read it and thought about it, and it really made no sense to me.

May as well make a claim that Malaysian Air is covering up plane crashes because they aren't advertising it.

In fairness, when I just read the headline, I thought, "that figures." Then I read it and thought about it, and it really made no sense to me.

May as well make a claim that Malaysian Air is covering up plane crashes because they aren't advertising it.

Why am I getting guff for it? Or it seems I am. It was the Trib's headline as told by Angelo. All I am doing is linking it and wondering what people think.

Why am I getting guff for it? Or it seems I am. It was the Trib's headline as told by Angelo. All I am doing is linking it and wondering what people think.

I'm not giving you guff. I'm saying that the headline gave me one viewpoint. But after I read the article in depth, I changed my mind. That's all. Easy buddy.

Edited by FireChan

Looked around. Used the extremely cumbersome search feature. Not sure if this has been talked about:

http://www.chicagotr...1009-story.html

http://www.chicagotr...1010-story.html

I wish we'd just get back to football and enough of all of these stupid legal and name change stories... can't watch coverage on the games without all of the tabloid nonsense.....!

The league cant cover up anything. Do people understand how the justice system works in case of domestic violence ? All Angelo can really claim is he dismissed or ignored incidents that reached him but half the time one of the parties does not press any charges or refuses to press any charges .

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-jerry-angelo-says-nfl-hid-domestic-abuse-20141009-story.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-jerry-angelo-bears-spt-1011-20141010-story.html

It makes zero sense that a GM of 1 NFL team would know about 100s of 100s of cover ups of domestic violence.

Just think about it for two seconds.

The NFL doesn't have a domestic violence problem.

The media has a need for sensationalizing stories problem.

It makes zero sense that a GM of 1 NFL team would know about 100s of 100s of cover ups of domestic violence.

Just think about it for two seconds.

The NFL doesn't have a domestic violence problem.

The media has a need for sensationalizing stories problem.

That's the media these days, anything for a buck(or a click?). Love how the Justice system isn't getting flak for dropping charges, and letting these "bad, bad people" walk away (I know they have to sometimes), or it just takes so long with the justice system to pronounce guilt, so people want a private organization to enforce justice in their own way. That's fantastic. Why bother having a justice system?

If someone (insert crime here), can I track them down and tell their boss to fire them, or else I am going to protest outside their workplace, because obviously they are a bad company who employ criminals? Also said Boss should resign.

Edited by What a Tuel

I'm not sure that I'm "guffing" you, but, you decided to what title to put on the thread. You didn't put a "?" after it or give any indication that you disagree w it. When asked "Hid from who?" your response was the police and the media. I just don't see that as a possibility.