John Rzeznik to sing the National anthem

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Im sure thats working out great for you and the females are all fighting over you :thumbsup::D. Have a beer man! I'll continue to live my 23 year old, post college lifestyle, living the dream!

I hate to break this to you, but if you start choosing very personal things (like music) based on what you think "chicks like" I think you may be in for a miserable future, as far as women go. Oh, I'm not suggesting you won't find some women this way, but what kind of women will they be? Get ready for a life of your wife, or girlfriend, telling you what to wear, what movies you will see, when you can watch football and where you are going to dinner. You are only 23 and already well on the way to being a perfect manslave.

I'm not suggesting you should tell the woman what to do, either. I'm not that un-evolved. But the cavalier attitude you choose to sell out what you chose to listen to suggests you aren't quite as self-confident as you like to pretend. After all, a truly self-confident person wouldn't pick something they didn't like because they thought it would attract someone of the opposite sex. Which leads us to another possible explanation, that you really like the Goo Goo Dolls, but don't want to admit it--rather pretending you listen to it because of the chicks. That suggests you aren't only unconfident, but perhaps a bit embarrassed to admit it. Note, I'm not saying this is the truth, rather what it might suggest.

It's been a long time since I went to college (though I was there for quite a long time--well past 23 years old). But I recall college age women having diverse taste in music, and overall far less rigid in their musical preferences than men at that age. "The girls don't seem to care what's on, as long as they play til dawn." Perhaps a bit sexist but it rings pretty true in my experience. At your age I was taking women to see jazz, classical, rock and even the opera. If she was interesting enough I would stretch my limits of tolerance by letting her take me to something that wasn't really to my tastes. But I can't even imagine a life of choosing what I listen to based on what I imagine others like. Just sayin'. ;)

Oh, and while I am 57 years old, I'm still, in many ways, living what many consider to be "the dream". While women aren't "all fighting over me" (I mean really?) I have never had any problem in that area.

http://youtu.be/zK6PiJCw_Jg

Great song. Underrated band. So much better than bon jovi

Also, ive seen them live twice. Saw them this summer in Boston. I was hammered so that probably played into it but they put on a hell of show both times. Nothing like 90s nostalgia.

I feel bad for anyone who thinks this is a great song. Like I actually feel kind of sad. This is the absolute epitome of watered down corporate pop rock. This isn't even like diet pepsi. It's like crystal pepsi. This is the Zima of rock. This is the type of song that a cover band would play at a summer employee appreciation picnic over lunch hour outside a giant office building where everyone is dressed business casual and has their badges on. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Goo goo dolls lead singer and Buffalo native John Rzeznik will be singing the national anthem against the patriots this weekend. Gotta love it! I feel like this was set up to Rub it in Bon jovis face! Pats don't stand a chance now! Bills by 21!

Cannibal Corpse is from Buffalo, should have asked them B-)

Goo goo dolls lead singer and Buffalo native John Rzeznik will be singing the national anthem against the patriots this weekend. Gotta love it! I feel like this was set up to Rub it in Bon jovis face! Pats don't stand a chance now! Bills by 21!

Everyone can use a little goo from time to time.

"...The girls don't seem to care what's on

As long as they play till dawn.

Nothing but blues and Elvis

And somebody else's favorite song..."

:thumbsup:

I tried to avoid using it, but eventually succumbed in post #62.

I feel bad for anyone who thinks this is a great song. Like I actually feel kind of sad. This is the absolute epitome of watered down corporate pop rock. This isn't even like diet pepsi. It's like crystal pepsi. This is the Zima of rock. This is the type of song that a cover band would play at a summer employee appreciation picnic over lunch hour outside a giant office building where everyone is dressed business casual and has their badges on.

firstly, i suspect that this song rocks just a little too hard for you to handle, which is why you're pretending to be too cool for school.

secondly, corporate pop rock is the best. and the best place to listen to corporate pop rock is in front of a corporate office of some sort. duh.

thirdly, corporate appreciation events can be pretty crazy -- you ever see a grown man attempt to do the limbo while wearing a pair of ill-fitting docker khakis? it's nuts. and this song is the perfect match for that sort of event. could you imagine a senior operations manager buckling under the limbo bar just as the chorus "long way down" comes on??? how hilarious and appropriate would that be?

Edited by Dirtbag

I feel bad for anyone who thinks this is a great song. Like I actually feel kind of sad. This is the absolute epitome of watered down corporate pop rock. This isn't even like diet pepsi. It's like crystal pepsi. This is the Zima of rock. This is the type of song that a cover band would play at a summer employee appreciation picnic over lunch hour outside a giant office building where everyone is dressed business casual and has their badges on.

The holier than thou attitude in regards to music! Gotta love it!

Please enlighten us to what real music is? Im not sure your judgement can be of any real value anyways. You chose to be a Bills fan didnt you? :nana:

Edited by PO'14

The holier than thou attitude in regards to music! Gotta love it!

Please enlighten us to what real music is? Im not sure your judgement can be of any real value anyways. You chose to be a Bills fan didnt you? :nana:

Legitimate question- are you really asking me to enlighten you as to what real music is or are you saying, if this isn't real music then what is cause I'll be damned if this isn't real music. I couldn't be any more sincere. I really don't know what you're asking. The albums Beggars Banquet through Goats Head Soup by the Rolling Stones (five albums) are real music. The album Shotgun Willie by Willie Nelson is real music. The album Master of Puppets by Metallica is real music. The album Long Cold Winter by Cinderella is real music. The albums Use Your Illusion I & II by GnR is real music. The album Original Gangster by Ice T is real music. The album Rift by Phish is real music. The album Red Clay by Freddie Hubbard is real music. The album Walking Distance by Robert Earl Keen is real music. The album The album Low End Theory by Tribe Called Quest is real music. The album Hard To Earn by Gangstarr is real music. The album Revolution by Miranda Lambert is real music. The album Phantom Power by the T-Hip is real music. The first six Zeppelin albums are all real music. The album 'Round Midnight by Miles Davis is real music. The albums Infidels, Bringing It All Back Home, Blood on the Tracks, Desire and many, many more by Bob Dylan are certainly real music. In my humble (not really) opinion, A Boy Named Goo does not constitute what I would call real music. You? EDIT: I think that all I'm trying to say here is that I was right in line with the rest of you to make fun of Bon Jovi when he was in contention to purchase the Bills but the bottom line is that the lead singer for the Goo Goo Dolls is every last bit as cheesy as Bon Jovi and I appear to be one of very few people on here who is willing to admit that. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Well that's one reason to not get to your seat early I guess. Still I suppose weighed against whatever pregame festivities they have planned, one could suffer through this indignity.

The world needs less of this. A lot less.

Legitimate question- are you really asking me to enlighten you as to what real music is or are you saying, if this isn't real music then what is cause I'll be damned if this isn't real music. I couldn't be any more sincere. I really don't know what you're asking. The albums Beggars Banquet through Goats Head Soup by the Rolling Stones (five albums) are real music. The album Shotgun Willie by Willie Nelson is real music. The album Master of Puppets by Metallica is real music. The album Long Cold Winter by Cinderella is real music. The albums Use Your Illusion I & II by GnR is real music. The album Original Gangster by Ice T is real music. The album Rift by Phish is real music. The album Red Clay by Freddie Hubbard is real music. The album Walking Distance by Robert Earl Keen is real music. The album The album Low End Theory by Tribe Called Quest is real music. The album Hard To Earn by Gangstarr is real music. The album Revolution by Miranda Lambert is real music. The album Phantom Power by the T-Hip is real music. The first six Zeppelin albums are all real music. The album 'Round Midnight by Miles Davis is real music. The albums Infidels, Bringing It All Back Home, Blood on the Tracks, Desire and many, many more by Bob Dylan are certainly real music. In my humble (not really) opinion, A Boy Named Goo does not constitute what I would call real music. You? EDIT: I think that all I'm trying to say here is that I was right in line with the rest of you to make fun of Bon Jovi when he was in contention to purchase the Bills but the bottom line is that the lead singer for the Goo Goo Dolls is every last bit as cheesy as Bon Jovi and I appear to be one of very few people on here who is willing to admit that.

Cinderella? Long cold winter? Wow, good list but how did that krap end up on it? or is it a joke to see if anyone read your post?

Cinderella? Long cold winter? Wow, good list but how did that krap end up on it? or is it a joke to see if anyone read your post?

Ill add Phantom Power ( saving grace of the album is Bobcaygeon ) and Tribe Called Quest ( did you really lose your wallet in El Segundo ). I doubt anyone can listen to that full album without falling asleep or saying " WTF is this CRAP? "

Seems to me Metz is saying that most early albums is real music!

To me, Bob Dylans Time out of Mind is his best work.

Christ, I just saw Ice-T...HA HA! Power was his best release and then he quickly became irrelevant!

Ill add Phantom Power ( saving grace of the album is Bobcaygeon ) and Tribe Called Quest ( did you really lose your wallet in El Segundo ). I doubt anyone can listen to that full album without falling asleep or saying " WTF is this CRAP? "

Seems to me Metz is saying that most early albums is real music!

To me, Bob Dylans Time out of Mind is his best work.

Christ, I just saw Ice-T...HA HA! Power was his best release and then he quickly became irrelevant!

Whoa.

Not a joke at all. Coming Home, Take Me Back, The Last Mile, Gypsy freaking Road? One of the greatest 80's rock albums ever made.

Whoa.

Yes, I realize its not Blood on the Tracks...U know the one where all the critics rave go nuts!

And seriously, does anyone actually even listen to Use Your Illusion? More albums that didnt age too well IMO. To each their own I guess.

Edited by PO'14

Yes, I realize its not Blood on the Tracks...U know the one where all the critics rave go nuts!

And seriously, does anyone actually even listen to Use Your Illusion? More albums that didnt age too well IMO. To each their own I guess.

If you really believe I like the album Blood on the Tracks because it's critically acclaimed, I'm not sure I have the energy to defend myself. I almost feel like you're trolling me at this point. Let's just let it go man. I like Dylan, you like the Goo Goo Dolls. It's cool. Go Bills.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

People who claim their music is better than your music << laser pointer guy << douchebags

That's fair. All I said was I feel bad for anyone who thinks Long Way Down by the Goo Goo Dolls is a great song. That's all. If someone came on here and said, "man the Jacksonville Jaguars have a killer tailgate scene," would you maybe say, hey man you might wanna check out a Bills game sometime? Because the Goo Goo Dolls music is about as badass as a guy drinking an appletini at a Jaguars game out of the back of his Miata while eating a salad- and listening to the Goo Goo Dolls. But point taken. Edited by metzelaars_lives

The Goo's used to be a great live band, Johnny and Robbie would take turns at lead singer and run back and forth on the stage. Hold me up, Superstar car wash and A boy named Goo are solid rock albums. They jumped the shark with Iris, even though Slide and Broadway are pretty good rock/pop songs that came after. The last time I saw them, half the songs were ballads, won't be seeing them live again unless they only play old stuff. Finally, Johnny has a great voice and his love and passion for Buffalo can't be questioned, I am looking forward to seeing him on Sunday, Go Bills!

Edited by ET1062