1000 Islands/Adirondacks

PaattMaann

I have a couple friends getting married next year and we are looking into weekend get a ways to either the 1000 islands or to the Adirondacks for their bachelor parties...

has anyone ever rented a big house (12-15 peopleish) in either of these two areas before? Any recommendations on sites to look at for properties (I know only of VRBO)? Anyone have friends/relatives who own places that rent them out? Any ideas of things to do in the area? good bars? restaurants? GOLF COURSES?

I have no experience in either of these areas so any info would be greatly appreciated fellas!

Just want to make sure that I understand...GOLF COURSES is code for STRIPPERS?

haha, no, I just capitalized it because thats the part of this trip I care most about - the ACTUAL GOLFING, not the strippers...no code BB, dont read too much into things brother

I have a couple friends getting married next year and we are looking into weekend get a ways to either the 1000 islands or to the Adirondacks for their bachelor parties...

has anyone ever rented a big house (12-15 peopleish) in either of these two areas before? Any recommendations on sites to look at for properties (I know only of VRBO)? Anyone have friends/relatives who own places that rent them out? Any ideas of things to do in the area? good bars? restaurants? GOLF COURSES?

I have no experience in either of these areas so any info would be greatly appreciated fellas!

My buddies and I just rented a house on Schroon Lake. There were 10 of us and it had plenty of room. Public launch less than a mile away. Golf course within 10 miles. Bars. The house cost us about $1500 for 3 nights. If you want more info, PM me.

If you go to the 1000 islands and choose to spend your time golfing rather than fishing I can't help you.

Fishing rocks there. Did about 5 charters over 6 years with the kids. Should get back there

Alex Bay is cool, looks like a town that 50 years ago really partied and was at its peak then

Edited by MarkyMannn

yea some of our group will do fishing, I might sit on the boat and drink beer, but I dont really fish....although I have been telling myself for years it would be cool to get into

For 1000 islands....any places anyone recommends to rent boats? not like a charter, but we actually found a big house that is on its own island, and we want to rent a boat to dock at the island for the weekend...but none of us have a boat, theres gotta be good places that rent boats by the day...anyone know of any of these? I have googled a few but would prefer a place that someone vouches for