Fox's TV announcers are better than CBS'

I think Barber is one of the better colour guys. I have to say though I think the standard of play-by-play generally is not good on either network. The play-by-play guys seem only to know the 3/4 most high profile guys on each team and the one unsung player they have met with as part of their build up. The rest is guesses.

They all suck. The pats* game was pure torture with the SNF crew.

here's a sample: Al Micheals: " The Buffalo Bills beat the Lions in OVERTIME earlier today.

Collingsworth and I am paraphrasing but only slightly. " If any other team in the AFCE thinks they have a chance of winning the division well think again." The score was out of hand and the camera was on Tommy at the time.

I wish Berman called all Bills games as a independent but thats me. No more Tasker/ Bentley either.

Edited by Best Player Available

It certainly seemed like a Suh and Golden Tate love fest to me as well. But besides that I thought they were much better.

well thats true . They favored the home team. i got no problem with that.

But i like the whole thing. it was refreshing to me.

even when they got the name wrong , they were good enough to correct it and apologize. i can find fault in everything honsetly.

i enjoyed that coverage.

Barber was proclaiming Golden Tate to be just like Hines Ward before the game even started. Hines Ward is a H.O.F. caliber player, Golden Tate has never had more than 900 yards in a season up to this point.

he schooled some Bills though. really juked well and fast

I didn't like Ronde calling out McKelvin for his tackle/hit on Megatron. He hinted it was a cheap shot, he couldn't be more wrong about it.

Link it. Thats not what i heard watching the replays . at all.

but i had dipped into the kool aid by then

Can't say much about Fox, but CBS's guys are mostly awful. Its shocking how mediocre guys at this level are these days. The top crews for fox (Buck/Aikman) and CBS (Gumbal/Simms) are abysmal. There are crews doing late west coast feeds of CFB that are better.

Link it. Thats not what i heard watching the replays . at all.

but i had dipped into the kool aid by then

Re-watching now, Barber's word were "...that was... I don't think Leodis targeting him down there.... but..............."

He didn't have to imply he was going low on purpose and maybe cause an injury, he was going low to tackle a player that, if you don't go low on him, you ain't stopping him.

Re-watching now, Barber's word were "...that was... I don't think Leodis targeting him down there.... but..............."

He didn't have to imply he was going low on purpose and maybe cause an injury, he was going low to tackle a player that, if you don't go low on him, you ain't stopping him.

It was a fantastic tackle on the big fella IMHo. On that we can agree ?

I dont think he had any intent of harm.

and considering he only had one pass at that point , i believe he was mostly a decoy waiting on mismatch. Maybe thats what Stafford saw !

Rarely do TV announcers help me enjoy a game.

What I find irritating about Fox is they seem to have a long delay in showing down and distance. I always want to know the distance at the snap and Fox is just slow with that. To me that is basic football coverage and Fox just can't seem to get that done.

I like the Fox announcers but their graphics and their colors suck. It always looks like they're shooting the game through a tinted lens.

Agreed. Even my wife, who rarely watches football, notices this.

Tinted colors, dull sound, dancing robots--it's really bad production quality.

To the OP though, I agree that the announcers were decent.