Game Balls vs. Detroit

We scored 1 offensive td and had check downs all day. I know we have to rip EJ as much as possible but that was an empty 300 yards.

We stole a W, which is awesome. MVPs are Watkins, Dareus, Schwartz, & their kicker.

That was a nice check down to Goodwin that led to the TD. 30 completions for 308 yards is an average of 10.3 yards per completion. I'll take that every game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a nice check down to Goodwin that led to the TD. 30 completions for 308 yards is an average of 10.3 yards per completion. I'll take that every game.

No one uses yards per completion (which is completely inflated by one pass). Orton checked down a lot. He threw a pick 6. We didn't score a td until the 4th quarter. People would rip EJ for that.

We won but if we lost which we would of if the Lions had a kicker, people would view his play much different.

I love Ws and you don't need to apologize. But he was pretty average with one really good pass.

I have Dareus, Hughes, Charles, Sammy, and Carpenter. But most of all:

BxRN18gIIAApEw4.jpg

Really, the Lions kicker should be given the biggest game ball of all . . . but I won't complain, a win is a win, no apologies for however it happen (just ask the Titans - HR Throwback)

We scored 1 offensive td and had check downs all day. I know we have to rip EJ as much as possible but that was an empty 300 yards.

We stole a W, which is awesome. MVPs are Watkins, Dareus, Schwartz, & their kicker.

It was an empty 300 yards that EJ has never managed in his career.

Do you think EJ makes the completion to Goodwin? Or the last throw to Sammy?

Orton played a great game with no running game to speak of. He still made big throws.

It was an empty 300 yards that EJ has never managed in his career.

Do you think EJ makes the completion to Goodwin? Or the last throw to Sammy?

Orton played a great game with no running game to speak of. He still made big throws.

300 yards with one td is empty. I want points. And the throw to Goodwin was beautiful. His best throw of the day. But I also saw a lot of short passes on 3rd down and passes to the rbs.

I'm just saying be consistent. EJ threw for 296 against Carolina which was the #2 D in the NFL last year. 4 more yards means it's that much better of a game? That's stupid.

300 passing is "empty?" You EJ guys are loyal, that's for sure.

If EJ threw for 300 with a pick 6 and we scored one td, I won't be wowed by it either.

Yards don't win games. Russell Wilson rarely passes for 300 yards. It's about points. And lucky for us the Lions had one of the worst kickers ever, or one td won't have been enough. Even if he passed for 600 yards. Tds win games.

I think the move was smart to go to Orton, and i think he did what he needed to do to win the game, but he did throw that awful pick six that really changed the game. He threw one TD but he also threw a pick six. Our OL didn't help him. And also, Sammy makes a ridiculous catch to win the game, on what is basically a bad pass.

300 yards with one td is empty. I want points. And the throw to Goodwin was beautiful. His best throw of the day. But I also saw a lot of short passes on 3rd down and passes to the rbs.

I'm just saying be consistent. EJ threw for 296 against Carolina which was the #2 D in the NFL last year. 4 more yards means it's that much better of a game? That's stupid.

If EJ threw for 300 with a pick 6 and we scored one td, I won't be wowed by it either.

Yards don't win games. Russell Wilson rarely passes for 300 yards. It's about points. And lucky for us the Lions had one of the worst kickers ever, or one td won't have been enough. Even if he passed for 600 yards. Tds win games.

please stop

I think the move was smart to go to Orton, and i think he did what he needed to do to win the game, but he did throw that awful pick six that really changed the game. He threw one TD but he also threw a pick six. Our OL didn't help him. And also, Sammy makes a ridiculous catch to win the game, on what is basically a bad pass.

I'll say it again - bad pick sixes happen to all QBs at some point in the NFL. It's what you do afterwards that tells the tale.

I'll say it again - bad pick sixes happen to all QBs at some point in the NFL. It's what you do afterwards that tells the tale.

Oh, of course. And I like Orton. And all QBs need their WR to bail them out at times. He did what we needed him to do.

He had an average game though against, granted, a very good defense. He scored the equivalent of 10 points.

We just haven't had an NFL QB in so long we forgot what it looks like.

Oh, of course. And I like Orton. And all QBs need their WR to bail them out at times. He did what we needed him to do.

He had an average game though against, granted, a very good defense. He scored the equivalent of 10 points.

We just haven't had an NFL QB in so long we forgot what it looks like.

I seriously think that you're not giving him enough credit. To wit: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201409210det.htm .