Orton Press'er?

CSBill

Actually age wise Orton should be entering the prime of his career.

He's younger than Ben, Philip Rivers, a lot younger than Eli and only a year older than Eli.

Maybe this will be his opportunity to prove he is legit as a genuine starting QB in this league.

There is a chance his career will blossom in Buffalo. Certainly the table is pretty much set, so this is a golden opportunity for him.

Everyone knows he is capable of playing well. The question is can he do it consistently throughout an entire season (and playoffs of course).

Time will tell.

Confusion? Eli is 33. Orton is 31.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was Tim Graham. He never got to ask his next question, "Do you think the Bills should draft a QB in the 1st round?"

Either that or Rodak.

Or "Should the Bills bring in Tim Tebow?"

Actually age wise Orton should be entering the prime of his career.

He's younger than Ben, Philip Rivers, a lot younger than Eli and only a year older than Eli.

Maybe this will be his opportunity to prove he is legit as a genuine starting QB in this league.

There is a chance his career will blossom in Buffalo. Certainly the table is pretty much set, so this is a golden opportunity for him.

Everyone knows he is capable of playing well. The question is can he do it consistently throughout an entire season (and playoffs of course).

Time will tell.

Orton is a "young" player in that he was on the sideline for a chunk of his career so he's less beat up. Kind of like Fred.

I think Orton has a bad rep in Denver and Dallas - didn't get along with Romo or Tebow. The way he responded to the media and the facial exp<b></b>ression left me to believe that Orton might be the guy who is hard to get along with...

Maybe, but it is also true that most if not all good QBs have that FU attitude.

Nobody is going to be challenging his authority on this young team. He just needs to get along with Fred.

He's the boss and it's now up to him to prove he's the next Rich Gannon.

Go Thoatbeard!

Orton will establish his authoritah by audibling out of the run-on-first-down play Hackett called and sending Watkins for a bomb to the end zone for 7. Then he'll walk the sideline and tell Marrone "you're welcome" and Hackett to leave the playcalling to the grown ups. :P

I think Orton has a bad rep in Denver and Dallas - didn't get along with Romo or Tebow. The way he responded to the media and the facial expression left me to believe that Orton might be the guy who is hard to get along with...

and yet you have Urlacher and Brown talking about what a leader and good teammate he was.

Look at Romo he has won more than 8 games since 2009 and now you have Orton who comes in and without playing for two years throws for nearly 400 yards and 2 tds 2 picks . I would say its more about Romo having someone around that can tell what hes doing wrong and give similar production if he had too .

Tebow ? I recall that one of the issues that Orton had but also the other QB Brady Quinn had as well with tebow was that a fan had put him up a billboard talking about how they should bench orton and start tebow and when asked publicly about it tebow never spoke out against it .As teammates you have to support the guy who has the job but Tebow did nothing but look to undermine Orton when arrived .

Orton will establish his authoritah by audibling out of the run-on-first-down play Hackett called and sending Watkins for a bomb to the end zone for 7. Then he'll walk the sideline and tell Marrone "you're welcome" and Hackett to leave the playcalling to the grown ups. :P

I haven't really posted much since the mid to late 90's when I found the first incarnation of TBD and I was on here as OrlandoBillzGuy. These days I'm too busy so I lurk more than I post. However, I had to sign in and thank you for this one, Promo. I literally laughed out loud and nearly sprayed all over my control surface in the process. That was mint!

lmao

I think Orton has a bad rep in Denver and Dallas - didn't get along with Romo or Tebow. The way he responded to the media and the facial exp<b></b>ression left me to believe that Orton might be the guy who is hard to get along with...

maybe so but Brady Quinn didn't like Tebow either. No idea about the Romo thing, he seems like he would be pretty easygoing but there was a rough patch and maybe he felt threatened by orton.

I haven't really posted much since the mid to late 90's when I found the first incarnation of TBD and I was on here as OrlandoBillzGuy. These days I'm too busy so I lurk more than I post. However, I had to sign in and thank you for this one, Promo. I literally laughed out loud and nearly sprayed all over my control surface in the process. That was mint!

I don't know what this means but it sounds like science fiction.

Orton handled himself like a pro. That is saying a lot considering all the inane questions. I understand that the reporters are just trying to do their jobs and get bits to write about but after a while it would get on my nerves. After viewing this, my recommendation to any athlete entering the NFL would be to get seriously schooled on how to work with the media. You respond wrong to some stupid question and its controversy for months....

I don't know what this means but it sounds like science fiction.

Allow me to clarify. I was taking a sip of coffee, reading through the posts when I read Promo's post. Subsequently I nearly spit out my coffee. A control surface is like mixing console, though all it does is digitally control software: http://www.iconshelf.com/ICONSHELF/ICONSHELF__Custom_Monitor_Shelf_and_accesories_for_the_Avid_ICON_D-Control_%26_D-Command_Consoles_files/shapeimage_6.png