Watkins getting a little gabby

I think the young buck has some things to learn about big internal decisions like switching QB's:

mikerodak

Watkins: “The way he talked, the way he handles business, the way he looks at plays and breaks down defenses, it’s kinda different than EJ."

mikerodak

Sammy Watkins on Kyle Orton today in practice: “He reads it quicker, the ball is coming out faster

Rather annoying that Rodak has the exclusivity on these quotes, but, ya know.

For Sammy, this would have been a good opportunity to take some pages out of the vets' playbooks:

mikerodak

Mike Williams on WRs’ role in EJ benching: “We feel like we could have did more … It wasn’t our decision, but it wasn’t our actions either."

buffalobills

@Fred22Jackson: "I don't focus on the changes being made. I focus on what I can do to make us better." pic.twitter.com/ryP83uXZwP

buffalobills

@Fred22Jackson: "This isn't just about EJ. As an offense, we need to get the job done."

MEANWHILE:

JoeBuscaglia

Q: Kyle, why will you run this offense better than EJ?

A: I'm not saying that I will. That's a loaded question. That's a crap question.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing. As fans we complain about trite cliche's, and we complain when a guy tells the truth. Just proves that athletes and coaches can never win when they talk to the media.

While I don't disagree with the spirit of your critique, you'll never hear a complaint from me about players talking cliches.

Players being candid about other players, however...that's different.

He's simply pointing out the obvious. This will be a non issue by the first time Orton completes a pass more than 10 yards down the field.

If it's that obvious, then it doesn't need to be said...by a rookie.

Cuz, ya know.

Now we have this:

http://t.co/lGpZ1eFFR9

Also, don't know if that was the full quote, or Rodak's selective editing. Still don't know what Sammy said that's so incendiary. He just said Orton is different than EJ.

PS - sounds like the veteran also noticed the difference, as would any observer.

Edited by GG

While I don't disagree with the spirit of your critique, you'll never hear a complaint from me about players talking cliches.

Cuz, ya know.

Now we have this:

That article makes me happy. Because it sounds like good things for the team. The perceived negatives to EJ don't matter to me as much as the Bills winning.

Also, don't know if that was the full quote, or Rodak's selective editing. Still don't know what Sammy said that's so incendiary. He just said Orton is different than EJ.

You don't read any criticism into EJ reading those quotes?

That article makes me happy. Because it sounds like good things for the team. The perceived negatives to EJ don't matter to me as much as the Bills winning.

Oh I agree. But winning without hearing our young WR's indirectly talk **** on our young QB would be just as sweet, may be sweeter.

Edited by The Big Cat

You don't read any criticism into EJ reading those quotes?

Oh I agree. But winning without hearing our young WR's indirectly talk **** on our young QB would be just as sweet, may be sweeter.

I disagree.

Orton is replacing EJ as the starter. Every positive they say about Orton could be a perceived negative towards EJ. And let's not act like EJ's virgin ears are being sullied, he was already benched in favor of Orton. He can't expect for there to not be things better about Orton. Even if no one said anything, it's the elephant in the room. Everyone already knows.

Edited by FireChan

PS - sounds like the veteran also noticed the difference, as would any observer.

I thought Watkins comments are the opposite of incendiary too.

This is all coming from Mike Rodhack. To think he is the only one with knowledge of what is going on is ****. Rodhack is probably making jumps in his analysis and asking leading questions to get there. Watkins is young and probably does not have experience with bottom level trolling maggots the likes of Rodhack. Rodhack is looking to stir the pot to get a story. Plain and simple.

Otherwise there would be more coming out about this.

If you want a motive it is this: Rodhacks beloved patriots are stinking and he has a fledging career. To create a story line in Buffalo is huge and while we all ignore him other teams take him as legit because he is under the ESPN umbrella

Edited by jboyst62

Cuz, ya know.

Now we have this:

So? Like I said. This will be completely forgotten by Sunday.

This is all coming from Mike Rodhack. To think he is the only one with knowledge of what is going on is ****. Rodhack is probably making jumps in his analysis and asking leading questions to get there. Watkins is young and probably does not have experience with bottom level trolling maggots the likes of Rodhack. Rodhack is looking to stir the pot to get a story. Plain and simple.

Otherwise there would be more coming out about this.

If you want a motive it is this: Rodhacks beloved patriots are stinking and he has a fledging career. To create a story line in Buffalo is huge and while we all ignore him either teams take him as legit because he is under the ESPN umbrella

pretty much

Amazing. As fans we complain about trite cliche's, and we complain when a guy tells the truth. Just proves that athletes and coaches can never win when they talk to the media.

That is just so true. We can't take it either way. I think the one scenario we like is when OTHER teams' players are telling the truth about their teammates.

So? Like I said. This will be completely forgotten by Sunday.

Let's be clear: I'm not here to help manufacture Rawdick's controversy.

I do, however, think that Sammy's opinion on the matter--after 16 professional quarters--ought to be kept himself. Or at least couched, as per the actions of his veteran team mates.

It's a free country and people are allowed to say what they want. On the other hand I think the rookie really hasn't proven anything yet. Had one good game with EJ at the helm. That does not make a superstar. Not that he said anything derogitory toward EJ but that is the way it will be perceived by some. Watkins will get his chance just think it is a little early. And BTW Woods isn't actually a bonified star either (yet). Hopefully they can live up to their perceived potential.