Bills Bench the Wrong Guy

Freddie's Dead

Wow, that's crazy talk. I refuse to think he's damaged goods to that extent.

I hope you're dead wrong and he takes this time to soak it in and learn.

Dead wrong. hell we dont have anyone else anymore !

and yes he might do well from a sit and learn

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the o line is going to be a problem for just about anyone back there. We shall see.

+100 The next time that they block JJWatt will be the first.

Note that I am not deflecting blame from EJ, just agreeing that ANY QB that is under constant pressure isn't going to play well. If you don't think so, ask Peyton Manning how things went in the last Super Bowl.

The Jets want Geno Smith to work through his issues, we want EJ Manuel to get better through osmosis. We'll see how the 2 schools of thought work.

Now that you mention it, I'll keep a close eye on this. The truth is both their careers are probably f'd at this point.

This HAS to be a troll thread. The offensive play calling was just fine, after re-watching the game, for, well, Freddie Jackson highlights, EJ was beyond terrible. He was so bad on so many plays, it looked like he was doing a Tim Tebow impersonation, and on one pass, he nearly got Woods killed AGAIN, and AFTER he got Goodwin knocked out.

All I have to say about this idiotic thread is: Please, you MUST be trolling.

Sorry that you feel that way Homey, I've enjoyed your posts over the years. I'm not trolling. The Bills won 2 by running over the opposition. They lost two by giving up on the run and saddling up EJ. I blame that on Hackett, and it's how I really feel.

Benching EJ, while understandable, is the wrong move, IMHO. He was terrible yesterday, in his 14th game as a pro, and wilted under the pressure of an away game and JJ Watt getting up close and personal. He's now done in Buffalo, a first round pick discarded without even a full season of games.

If Hackett plans to use Orton in 60/40 to 70/30 pass to run ratio like EJ the last two weeks, it's gonna be a long damn season.

The Bills should have benched Hackett. 23 runs and 44 passes against one of the worst rushing defenses and best pass rusher in the NFL. Way to attack your adversary's weaknesses Junior. This basically finishes EJ in Buffalo. Now that he's a Duncan Butterfly, this is JP Losman redux. You can't treat your starter like a yoyo. It's over. Time to start looking for the next franchise QB.

wow its all or nothing then is it? how bout we sit him and he watches and learns and rethinks how he plays? why not show him hes not untouchable? everyone else has to sit out some plays, woods, cj, fj, and Sj got traded! He needs to learn, not have his jock strap laden in gold after everygame. What if orton gets hurt in a couple starts and ej comes in and lights it up? will he still be done? have you ever watched football? or managed something?

ps i agree with benching hackett, hes an idiot, but the next franchise qb will be the first this century, EJ isnt it.

Edited by enlightener

It's all EJ's fault. Not the Wrs who dropped passes. Not the oline that like Watt female dog slap them. Not the minor league OC we have.

It's all on EJ.

EJ had his worst game in his career against Houston. Not entirely his fault? Sure. But he needed to be benched after that performance, or the locker room would've exploded. When your veteran center, who is by all accounts a great guy, a leader, and a hard-worker, said that some guys on the team will be happy, you know it was time.

EJ had his worst game in his career against Houston. Not entirely his fault? Sure. But he needed to be benched after that performance, or the locker room would've exploded. When your veteran center, who is by all accounts a great guy, a leader, and a hard-worker, said that some guys on the team will be happy, you know it was time.

That C should worry about his own job after that performance. Watt just stole their lunch money.

Desperate move by a guy who probably isn't the offensive mind he was made out to be.

wow its all or nothing then is it? how bout we sit him and he watches and learns and rethinks how he plays? why not show him hes not untouchable? everyone else has to sit out some plays, woods, cj, fj, and Sj got traded! He needs to learn, not have his jock strap laden in gold after everygame. What if orton gets hurt in a couple starts and ej comes in and lights it up? will he still be done? have you ever watched football? or managed something?

ps i agree with benching hackett, hes an idiot, but the next franchise qb will be the first this century, EJ isnt it.

JP never came back from his benching. I tried to remember any drafted QB who was benched for a backup and still came back to have a good career. Help me out, I'm coming up empty.

The Bills should have benched Hackett. 23 runs and 44 passes against one of the worst rushing defenses and best pass rusher in the NFL. Way to attack your adversary's weaknesses Junior. This basically finishes EJ in Buffalo. Now that he's a Duncan Butterfly, this is JP Losman redux. You can't treat your starter like a yoyo. It's over. Time to start looking for the next franchise QB.

But you can't bench the coach. Running the ball may be a strategy to attack a weaker rushing defence, but to do so incessantly becomes predictable and easy to stop (i.e stack the line)... The tapes don't lie. Teams were beginning to scheme to shut down Freddy, CJ, and the slant pass to Sammy. Why? Because WE HAVE A QB WHO CAN'T THROW ACCURATELY ON MID AND DEEP ROUTES. So take a clipboard Mr. Manuel. Use your practice time to improve your passing and decision making. You'll likely get another chance. And when that time comes, better make it count.

And EJ was further along than JP. This is a mistake.

I'm going to disagree. I think the fact that he's further along and struggling this much means he needs to just get his head right. They can't have him doing that and leading the team in games. If there were a AAA equivalent that would be the way to go for EJ right now, to play but in a low-pressure zone.

But why was the game plan to throw? That makes no sense at all to me. We ran the ball 6 times after halftime. SIX!!! Throwing against the Texans was brain-dead. That's why JJ Watt owned them. You have to run against a weak run D, but we failed to do so against SD and Houston. I put that on Hackett.

This! How can you not run in this game? Especially when it was obvious your QB couldn't hit a barn.

Has Marrone said anything about the play calling? Did any of the media ask him about it?

I'm going to disagree. I think the fact that he's further along and struggling this much means he needs to just get his head right. They can't have him doing that and leading the team in games. If there were a AAA equivalent that would be the way to go for EJ right now, to play but in a low-pressure zone.

JP didn't play until his 2nd year. He was terrible. He played better his 3rd year but EJ's totals this year would have passed his.

Plus, EJ wasn't a known d bag.

JP didn't play until his 2nd year. He was terrible. He played better his 3rd year but EJ's totals this year would have passed his.

Well, he did get in for that "teach 'em a lesson" game against the Pats that Mularkey tossed him into. Also, broken leg that first season. So development curve was poor from the get-go. JP seemed to not get along with everyone, but put on a good public face. I still think he wanted to be good and gave it his best. Another botched prospect.

Yes, because how good of a guy you are factors into if you should start. Cmon Biscuit, don't let your EJ love fool ya.

Your love for players in spite of their teams is well-documented. Saying something like this:

Stevie was going to get cut this preseason! Dude looks like he is SF's #1 receiver right now.

When SJ13 had one 100 yard game, one good TD catch, and is being beaten by Crabtree in every receiver statistical category is a great example of your blind love. Hardly the objective type.

Edited by FireChan