Teddy Bridgewater 1st NFL start...

Kellyto83TD

I remember when fans were getting excited over EJ finally having a good practice half way through training camp. It's so sad to watch rookie QBs and UDFAs put up numbers while our supposed franchise guy with uber talent and potential can't even look like a competent QB.

Being a Bills fan can be so brutal at times.

Yeah...I watched some. He throws with confidence down the field....puts zip on the ball. Doesn't float it like our soft qb.

really accurate too. I saw some simple check downs, where he zipped the ball to the guy in stride.

That said, I watched a little of the game early, and the playcalling helped him out-- lot of WR screens. Not sure why we don't run those.

really accurate too. I saw some simple check downs, where he zipped the ball to the guy in stride.

That said, I watched a little of the game early, and the playcalling helped him out-- lot of WR screens. Not sure why we don't run those.

One of the biggest OLines in the league probably isn't that mobile.

Cool story.

Well, pull up the draft threads, dude. Few, if any, were beating the drum for Bridgewater and most accepted the pundits' narrative that his star had fallen.

For the record, I was interested in Bridgewater but also understood why they might not have drafted him, at the time, and my posts reflect that. I also thought that Bortles would be a bust, and I'm comfortable with having said that and with being wrong if that's the case.

In any case, if the kid succeeds I am sure his many soothsaying fans will come out of the woodwork to tell us "I told you so."

Well, pull up the draft threads, dude. Few, if any, were beating the drum for Bridgewater and most accepted the pundits' narrative that his star had fallen.

For the record, I was interested in Bridgewater but also understood why they might not have drafted him, at the time, and my posts reflect that. I also thought that Bortles would be a bust, and I'm comfortable with having said that and with being wrong if that's the case.

In any case, if the kid succeeds I am sure his many soothsaying fans will come out of the woodwork to tell us "I told you so."

I thought Bridgewater was the best qb in the draft, but there was no way the bills were going to take him.

We'll see about next year. Gotta get an ol and qb.

How many people on here were pining for Bridgewater pre-draft? My recollection is that it was precious few.

I was one of them. I said if Bridgewater was there when we pick we should pull the trigger. One game hardly makes a career but he is off to a good start.

I just think it's interesting that semantics about "generic TBD poster's" college QB's evaluation is automatically your first reaction. Who cares?

You may not want our Front Office to be better than "John in Amherst". I do. Don't think that's asking too much.

It's mostly a crapshoot anyway. I had no bleeping idea if he'd be good. Nobody did. I didn't really understand the hype about him being the #1 pick his Jr. year. But I know his consensus 'rating' was universally higher than EJ and he was available at #32. That's the exact sort of prospect a team with no qb should be taking a chance on.