Chargers All-22

YoloinOhio

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please be kind to sum of us who just can't read it.

Ok, I looked. Holy moly we got beat. I did not realize there were that many stunts on the SD DL. Wow, they took advantage of us.

I knew our WR's were not getting open long but damn they were blanketed. I hate saying it, but I wish we'd have stayed pat and got Kelvin Benjamin like I had hoped. He would have been able to snag these inaccurate EJ passes.

Edited by jboyst62

Someone please be kind to sum of us who just can't read it.

Focused entirely on EJ. Agreed that the OL didn't do him any favors, but the key to SD defense was to get pressure. In EJ's face or to get him on the run. Said it was carbon copy of the Tampa game from last year.

So basically, San Diego copied Tampa's defensive game plan. Wonder if Bills see more of that this year?

Oh yeah. And I wouldn't be surprised if every team does it considering the troubles Buffalo had. The San Diego loss cannot be analyzed as a one-off with a fresh start next week. There's much more tape on Manuel that Buffalo needs to adapt and I'm not sure they can do that with Manuel running the offense.

Based on the all-22 that Joe B put up, EJ looked bad. The OL looked just as bad not picking up the stunts. But the part that appalls me is Chandler clapping at the end of the last play. I don't care if you like EJ or not but that's just awful.

What some idiots on TBD would call "awful" I would call a learning experience. There are nuansances to playing the postion. I'm sure Chandler liked EJ hitting him on the scramble, dump & go. So it's not as bad as the hypochondriacs like you would like to believe.

Any receiver will get in his QBs face and tell him this. I'd like to see EJ learn from this and hit Chandler if it is defended similarly in the future.

Edited by Dean Cain

Based on the all-22 that Joe B put up, EJ looked bad. The OL looked just as bad not picking up the stunts. But the part that appalls me is Chandler clapping at the end of the last play. I don't care if you like EJ or not but that's just awful.

What does this mean? I don't understand.

Great article, EJ needs better protection but there are many things that he needs to get better at, like throwing on the run, keeping the eyes on the target and not the pass rush, waiting a bit longer for a route or play to develop.

Joe B hasn't posted his review yet. This is Jeremy White's All-22 breakdown.

@WGR550: JW: All-22 Review Bills/Chargers http://t.co/XZw34j62NO

Yolo, thank you for the post. EJ reminds me of Tyler Myers play early last season where he was trying to play such a mistake free game it actually hurt him. You can almost see it from EJ. He just needs to go out and play the game.

Edited by DirtDart

I don't want to speak for Wiz, but I've noticed it happening a lot on the all-22s as well. It might mean nothing, probably does, but the fear is that it's a sign EJ has lost the confidence of his playmakers. They see he's not making the right reads and are reacting.

ironic reaction from Chandler, who instills confidence in no one. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't want to speak for Wiz, but I've noticed it happening a lot on the all-22s as well. It might mean nothing, probably does, but the fear is that it's a sign EJ has lost the confidence of his playmakers. They see he's not making the right reads and are reacting.

Chandler likely ran an improvised route as the play was busted when Woods was taken away. EJ also appeared to have the ability to run on the play and slide for a few yards.