Aikman 1-15 in his first year.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You said: definitely a huge gulf between the QB and his receivers at this point.

Definitely. Certainly. Certainty is to certainly as...well...I couldn't think of the noun equivalent to definitely. But you definitely stated that the "huge gulf" was a matter of fact.

More importantly:

Sorry, but I'm not going to assume locker room tumult because one or two receivers gets pouty from time to time. If that were all we needed to assume internal unrest, then probably 25 NFL locker rooms would remain in an ongoing state of upheaval.

The definitive gulf is the product you see on the field. If you think that the WRs and EJ have been on the same page this year, then you haven't been paying attention.

Come on. Let's get real. Comparing EJ to Phillip Rivers is asinine at best. He's had 10 years. EJ has had 10 games. Give him a break. Anybody want to compare him to Sanchez? 5th pick? Joey Harrington? The Oakland guy?

We are a work in progress...I'll take 2-1 right now. Let's go dismantle Houston and move forward. Anybody know what Phillip Rivers did in his first 15 games?

Just stop. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that EJ doesn't look reall good right now, and trying to use stats is pointless at best. EJ's accuracy, his REAL accuracy is poor on a good day so far. If you took out dump-off passes from his stats, he's a 30% accurate QB.

So quit with the nonsense about aikman going 1-15... you could see he could hit receivers downfield without nearly killing them on every pass back then...

Not really a good comparison. Based on that draft class, the choice was between a Gremlin and a Pacer. If there was a Mercedes in that class, rest assured Kansas City would have nabbed it with the first pick.

Food for thought, according to the sages, if Taj Boyd had declared for the 2013 draft, he would have been one of the top QBs picked.

Your Boyd point makes zero sense. How would a 6th rounder miraculous become a 1st rounder? That's just silly.

And patience is dead. With all hall of gamers Qbs, everyone knew who would be good right away. ;)

Your Boyd point makes zero sense. How would a 6th rounder miraculous become a 1st rounder? That's just silly.

And patience is dead. With all hall of gamers Qbs, everyone knew who would be good right away. ;)

Not silly based on the 2013 predraft reports. Was he not touted as one of the top prospects if he declared in the winter of 2013? Just shows how bad of a year for QBs 2013 was, and I am thinking Casserly was right in saying that EJ wouldn't be drafted first round this year. He probably may not have been the 8th QB drafted, but definitely not higher than #6.

That's why I think Bills & fans should ignore his draft position and evaluate him objectively based on his play. I don't think he would get the same leeway if he were a 3rd round pick. A bit unfair to him that he was picked in the first round and carries the weight that comes with it, but so far that pick is looking bad.

Right. Nothing at all fatalistic about what you're seeing/what you're predicting. :lol:

You're right, there have been zero issues smoldering at OBD.

Coming through with a high quality post at 3 am!!! Nice work night owl

Couldn't agree more with that assessment of EJ - we will see by the seasons end if EJ is developing the stuff to be a franchise guy....we won't know FOR SURE, but we will have a much clearer understanding if he's trending towards that or bust....

For this week - let's see how he responds (and more importantly the entire team) after a brutal performance

Fair enough. I can live with it. BUT there should be NO regrets going from this point forward then no matter how it turns out!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Come on. Let's get real. Comparing EJ to Phillip Rivers is asinine at best. He's had 10 years. EJ has had 10 games. Give him a break. Anybody want to compare him to Sanchez? 5th pick? Joey Harrington? The Oakland guy?

We are a work in progress...I'll take 2-1 right now. Let's go dismantle Houston and move forward. Anybody know what Phillip Rivers did in his first 15 games?

ar Team G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Rtg 2004 SD 2 0 5 8 62.5 33 16.5 1 0 110.9 2005 SD 2 0 12 22 54.5 115 5.2 0 1 50.4 2006 SD 16 16 284 460 61.7 3,388 7.4 22 9 92.0 2007 SD 16 16 277 460 60.2 3,152 8.4 21 15 82.4 2008 SD 16 16 312 478 65.3 4,009 8.4 34 11 105.5 2009 SD 16 16 317 486 65.2 4,254 8.6 28 9 104.4 2010 SD 16 16 357 541 66.0 4,710 8.7 30 13 101.8 2011 SD 16 16 366 582 62.9 4,624 7.9 27 20 88.7 2012 SD 16 16 338 527 64.1 3,606 6.8 26 15 88.6 2013 SD 16 16 378 544 69.5 4,478 8.2 32 11 105.5 Total‡ 132 128 2,646 4,108 64.4 32,369 7.9 221 104 96.0

Not for nothing, but I believe the one victory that year was Steve Walsh's.

Not silly based on the 2013 predraft reports. Was he not touted as one of the top prospects if he declared in the winter of 2013? Just shows how bad of a year for QBs 2013 was, and I am thinking Casserly was right in saying that EJ wouldn't be drafted first round this year. He probably may not have been the 8th QB drafted, but definitely not higher than #6.

That's why I think Bills & fans should ignore his draft position and evaluate him objectively based on his play. I don't think he would get the same leeway if he were a 3rd round pick. A bit unfair to him that he was picked in the first round and carries the weight that comes with it, but so far that pick is looking bad.

When I'm looking for an opinion on nails, I rarely consult a hammer;.

Don't ask how I know, but it isn't too hard to tell a Ford Granada from a Mercedes. I don't need Ricardo Montalban to try and convince me otherwise.

;-P

Am I officially IN? :-)

Yes... I am purposely butchering my pop culture references. Still do we want a Mercedes or a Chrysler Cordoba? ;-P

sounds like you need some fine corinthian leather in your ride?

Boyd can't even get a sniff in the NFL right. And who gives a crap about Casserly? He is the white Grinch and drafted Heath Shuler and DAvid Carr.

Every one has opinions. It doesn't mean they right. Johnny Bench went in the 1st round this year and was a joke in the preseason.

Boyd can't even get a sniff in the NFL right. And who gives a crap about Casserly? He is the white Grinch and drafted Heath Shuler and DAvid Carr.

Every one has opinions. It doesn't mean they right. Johnny Bench went in the 1st round this year and was a joke in the preseason.

So you're saying nearly every other NFL analyst & talking head (outside Buffalo & Philadelphia) who didn't have a first round grade on EJ are wrong, and the Bills are right? Who's been proven correct so far? Which of the top 5 drafted QBs this year would you draft after EJ?

Edited by GG

There's execution, and then there's awareness.

Getting fooled by coverages and schemes and making bad decisions can be corrected. Inherently flawed accuracy issues cannot. The problem is not necessarily EJ's decision making, its his ability to execute when he does decide.

Regarding awareness:

Rookie Season: Manuel gets injured going for extra yards after he picked up the first down. Coaches tell him to be smart and not take the big hit.

2nd Year: Manuel runs out of bounds on 3rd downs without trying to turn it up field to attempt to get the first down. There is a difference between getting down or getting out of bounds after picking up the first and conceding the possession and trotting out of bounds.

There is a difference between "be smart" and get down or out of bounds at all costs - which is what he is doing.

At least twice this year, i have seen Manuel throw an illegal forward pass by being across the line of scrimmage when he throws. Once he was flagged, once he was not. This is not a need to grow and get experience, only 13 games in the NFL thing, this is a lack of football awareness thing.

Last week, EJ took an intentional grounding call in the endzone for a safety. That is not a lack of experience, that is a lack of awareness.

Sometimes he fires missiles at guys 5 yards away and lolipops a ball downfield that needs to be drilled in there.

I just have the feeling of a guy that's in over his head when he is on the field.

So you're saying nearly every other NFL analyst & talking head (outside Buffalo & Philadelphia) who didn't have a first round grade on EJ are wrong, and the Bills are right? Who's been proven correct so far? Which of the top 5 drafted QBs this year would you draft after EJ?

I'm saying making up facts about things that didn't happen is stupid. EJ got drafted in the first round. I'm sure plenty of folks didn't think Shuler was a top 5 pick and Casserly picked him.

And I didn't like this class of QBs. Severely overrated. I guess I like Bridgewater the best but it was a giant myth that this was some great class.

I'm saying making up facts about things that didn't happen is stupid. EJ got drafted in the first round. I'm sure plenty of folks didn't think Shuler was a top 5 pick and Casserly picked him.

And I didn't like this class of QBs. Severely overrated. I guess I like Bridgewater the best but it was a giant myth that this was some great class.

Are you telling me that Taj Boyd wasn't talked about as a first round pick before he announced a return to Clemson? Whether he would have gone that high is another question, but again underscores the weakness of that draft class. That's why I take EJ's draft status with a grain of salt. it was a bad draft year and Bills reached.

Are you telling me that Taj Boyd wasn't talked about as a first round pick before he announced a return to Clemson? Whether he would have gone that high is another question, but again underscores the weakness of that draft class. That's why I take EJ's draft status with a grain of salt. it was a bad draft year and Bills reached.

The media and fans talk about tons of guys as 1st round picks! I know it's crazy but NFL teams don't give a crap about media guy's draft boards.

The media and fans talk about tons of guys as 1st round picks! I know it's crazy but NFL teams don't give a crap about media guy's draft boards.

You would have more of a point if the team in question has done more things right than wrong in its history.