Waiver Wire Advice

Johnny Hammersticks

I am 3rd in the waiver wire order this week, and I have a desperate need at RB. Thanks to all the injuries out there, there are a few guys out there that could be producers for a little while. I have put claims on 3 RB's....how would you prioritize them?

1. Bernard Pierce - His owner dumped him after he was benched for Forsett due to ball security issues. He came back the following week, and appears to be out of the dog house, as he was clearly the lead back and had a decent day.

2. Knile Davis - With Charles likely to miss at least a few weeks, Davis will be the lead back in KC. He looked like he was shot out of a cannon on Sunday and had a great day.

3. Donald Brown - Mathews is going to miss 4-5 weeks with a sprained MCL. Brown will now be their lead back in an explosive offense.

Standard scoring league...Khiry Robinson is already on a roster.

What do y'all think? Thanks for your help.

In order of preference, see below. I think you have to consider playing time as the starter/main RB above other considerations. That said, after Pierce they are all similar prospects.

Bernard Pierce - crazy to dump him unless you're in a 6 or less team league

Donald Brown - Playing well and Matthews is not a super-star he needs to quickly yield to

Knile Davis - clear starter with Charles out, likely contributor when he returns. With a high ankle sprain I guess he'll be out 4 weeks. If he returns earlier, he's likely to miss more time later.

Rainey - may keep the RB1 role or at least get significant carries - - he's playing better than a healthy Doug Martin. I just don't trust the TB offense.

Ahmad Bradshaw - Seems better than Trent in Indy and I expect his time to increase

I think Davis is the better short-term answer, I just don't trust the Chiefs to give him a lot of carries when Charles returns. It's a tough call, but I'd feel better with Brown if I needed a RB2 for the rest of the season, Davis if you're focused the next 3 weeks.

Lynch also has some back issues flaring up so maybe keep a eye on Turbin. I got him on one team but can't fit him on the others.

So now Charles is practicing? Not sure what to do now. I have Kniles but I just wish it was one or the other.

Edited by Dante

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.