The Strain

/dev/null

When neither have any use for him they should simply turn their backs on him. Leaving him helpless to wither away and die.

I could see Setrakian allowing Palmer to be turned into a common strigoi, should the opportunity arise. Imagine Palmer's frustration at knowing that within hours, not only would he no longer wield the power he's had his whole life, but will soon become a mindless thrall under the Master's control.

If I were Setrakian, that's what I'd try to do.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope Quinlan got out

I was saying the same thing with a coworker of mine today. I know that his life is tied directly to that of the Master, but what good is that if you've been blown to thousands of tiny bits?

Wonder why they want the human milking machine, isn't roving strigoi good enough?

After The Master's army of Strigoi have conquered North America they will still need to feed. Don't think of it as a milking machine, more like a slaughterhouse for cattle

Wonder why they want the human milking machine, isn't roving strigoi good enough?

Think big picture. Really, really big picture. dev has it right - cattle.

he made it, count on it.

Nora was supposed to make it until the end of the series, and Bolivar until nearly the end. Don't count on anyone being too important for the series, especially with the series being truncated.

After The Master's army of Strigoi have conquered North America they will still need to feed. Don't think of it as a milking machine, more like a slaughterhouse for cattle

Exactly. They don't want to kill or turn everyone, but instead are setting up to more or less farm humans.

So, any guesses as to what was on the ship? I don't know for an absolute certainty, but since I've read it and I don't think they're straying THAT far from it, I'm not going to potentially spoil it. Just curious as to what everyone thinks.

Exactly. They don't want to kill or turn everyone, but instead are setting up to more or less farm humans.

So, any guesses as to what was on the ship? I don't know for an absolute certainty, but since I've read it and I don't think they're straying THAT far from it, I'm not going to potentially spoil it. Just curious as to what everyone thinks.

My suspicion

an old world ancient that was friendly to The Master prior to being imprisoned 3000 years ago by the Egyptians

The crate didn't look very big, so if Dev's not right, I'd wager that it's the prison container they theorized had been built in ancient Egypt to contain the "living plague".

Then again, it could be several hundred stylish fez hats for all I know. Those seem to pop up a lot in any show that deals in ancient Egyptian secrets - there's always that one mysterious guy wearing a fez that warms everyone about meddling with the ancients.

Then again, it could be several hundred stylish fez hats for all I know. Those seem to pop up a lot in any show that deals in ancient Egyptian secrets - there's always that one mysterious guy wearing a fez that warms everyone about meddling with the ancients.

Or it could be Aliens

if there was no one left here they would just have to move south. bringing people from around the world to a bleeding center would be a logistical nightmare and not practical.

Also the set up is all wrong, you wouldn't place live humans on a hook and send them around bend. You would place them in the machine from the get go and drain them there with multiple machines and not an a assembly track .

got it, didn't see it that way. But the guy he put on the hook died, are you saying that they wouldn't kill them but just keep em around for food?

if there was no one left here they would just have to move south. bringing people from around the world to a bleeding center would be a logistical nightmare and not practical.

I'm not sure The Master wants to move from North America to South America. One thing I've noticed is that the Strigoi tend to prefer white meat over dark

#BlackStrigoiMatter

Also the set up is all wrong, you wouldn't place live humans on a hook and send them around bend. You would place them in the machine from the get go and drain them there with multiple machines and not an a assembly track .

A valid point. Perhaps not a slaughterhouse but a milking facility?

got it, didn't see it that way. But the guy he put on the hook died, are you saying that they wouldn't kill them but just keep em around for food?

They might also keep some around as slave labor or pets

Yes. They might dispose of some of them this way, but a certain percentage will be kept alive and either farmed or used for other purposes.

As far as the ship is concerned, I'm almost certain that they showed us what was on it in the last episode.

Edited by Brandon

As far as the ship is concerned, I'm almost certain that they showed us what was on it in the last episode.

Well now I'm even more curious. It's a good thing I record and keep the episodes, because now I have to watch it again to see if I can figure it out.

I was thinking maybe the crate was the explosive device (nuke?) that Eichorst delivered. But the crate looked significantly larger than the suitcase