Graham vs McKelvin

Jerry Jabber

He played well coming off the injury last year?? must have been watching a different team then b/c he was a liability out there when he had the club on. he's discounted b/c he was the 10th overall pick and he doesnt make plays. gamechangers come off the board in the top 10...he isnt one. this game isnt about technique and closing speed, its about making plays that change the game. and how do you know he has better technique? because the guys on WGR say so? and how do you determine closing speed? cuz im pretty sure mckelvin is right on par speed wise.

What has this guy done to earn this respect? intercept an underthrown pass from mike glennon last year? he must look great in practice b/c hes average at best in games.

did you not watch the rookie kelvin benjamin and markus wheaton smoke him in the little action he played this preseason?

Gilmore also shoulders heavy blame for the Atlanta loss last year. Marty Ice got them back in the game by picking on Gilmore.

However, it's important to keep in mind who he plays against. Which are top recievers. Still, as a top 10 pick you'd hope he would be a top 10 corner, and I don't think he's there.

Edited by FireChan

He played well coming off the injury last year?? must have been watching a different team then b/c he was a liability out there when he had the club on. he's discounted b/c he was the 10th overall pick and he doesnt make plays. gamechangers come off the board in the top 10...he isnt one. this game isnt about technique and closing speed, its about making plays that change the game. and how do you know he has better technique? because the guys on WGR say so? and how do you determine closing speed? cuz im pretty sure mckelvin is right on par speed wise.

What has this guy done to earn this respect? intercept an underthrown pass from mike glennon last year? he must look great in practice b/c hes average at best in games.

did you not watch the rookie kelvin benjamin and markus wheaton smoke him in the little action he played this preseason?

He had a club on...

Closing speed is about reaction time and short burst. If you look up their combine numbers, you'll see Gilmore actually has a faster 10 yard split.

I know Gilmore has better technique because I watch the game. He has better positioning and is more effective with his hands. He has a stronger upper body and fluid hips.

All the best corners get beat by the best WRs. This league favors the passing game. It is what it is.

Gilmore's the closest thing to a shut-down corner that we have. That's why the coaches are more confident with putting him on an island with no safety help.

I've been saying Graham should be starting over Gilmore actually but should be starting regardless

McKelvin was playing so far off giving up the quick slants n dunks it had to be by design...a lot like Gilmore usually plays actually

I've been saying Graham should be starting over Gilmore actually but should be starting regardless

McKelvin was playing so far off giving up the quick slants n dunks it had to be by design...a lot like Gilmore usually plays actually

Yeah I'm pretty sure where they stand prior to the snap is dictated by the coaches not the players.

If Gilmore had the choice he'd prob always man up in bump and run.

I thought McKelvin was great last year. Sure, he had a bad game but there could be other factors. Marshall and Jeffery are elite and bigger than most WRs. I noticed that Graham was using more hands than McKelvin. Perhaps he was adjusting to the new emphasis on illegal contact, while Graham was just lucky to not get called. Also the forced fumble was pivotal. I have faith in Leodis.

Graham may have to play safety this week with AW on the mend. I think that was why we saw him there during the PS. Whaley and Marrone will figure it out.

marrone makes the calls on who plays where. not whaleys area of expertise

leodis is the rodney dangerfield of cb's. he's a great corner. graham is the nickel guy, which means he'll get plenty of action sunday.

aaron williams will be good to go too. and hopefully nigel has no rust.

I thought McKelvin played extremely well considering who he was tasked with covering (Marshall and Jeffery). He slipped on the Marshall TD and got beat, that happens especially against that monster. And the perfect throw from cutler when jeffery got behind him....2 plays...keep in mind mckelvin barely played in the preseason due to his offseason surgery. other than the 2 plays i mentioned, he was stellar. tackling was his biggest challenge in this game and he delivered. chicagos receivers are 2 of the best in the game and they are both much bigger than Leo, so did he allow catches? sure, but he brought them down immediately.

Corey Graham had a great game. IMO this conversation should be shifted to Graham starting over Gilmore. For 2 straight years i have listened to fans and media tell everyone how good Gilmore is and basically saying hes a sure fire pro bowler....We are in year 3 now and i have not seen it. not even once. i think hes the most over-rated bills player since schobel. and hes soft. you dont draft a guy 10th overall to be average. Graham is making more money and hes better, so he should start opposite Leo. Gilmore hasnt earned anything.

This. He's still shaking the rust off. I think he'll improve as the season goes on, and I think the coaches realize that too.

Because McKelvin is so inconsistant I do not trust him.

He will have a good/great game, then get burned & drop easy interceptions (like last week).

He has amazing physical skills, but his biggest problem is his intelligence (IMHO).

I think Graham should take his spot this week & see what happens.

Graham is quickly turning into the best off season signing. He's already the best CB on this team. He has been awesome first 2 weeks.

I started thread sunday morning stating it should be Graham shadowing Wallace for the game despite "not as fast" as other CB's and was completely disagreed with... He's a GAMER.... what he may lack in pure speed, he anticipates what WR is doing and gonna do so he doesnt get in a position to get burned. That deep pass break up on Wallace was a game changer. If Mcluvin was step for step with him, somehow Wallace would have found way to get ball and score. Would have completely changed game. The Wallace TD (mind u, coverage wasnt bad, he made outstanding 1 handed back shoulder grab to reel it in) who was in single coverage on him? Gilmore...

Graham has played on playoff D's. He knows what it takes to execute. He is by far our best FA signing and should be our #1 CB who shadows teams best recieving option.

Personally, i think cuz he;s had reps at safety, he is the perfect matchup for Gates who absolutely dominated that Seattle victory. Gilmore on Allen who is more physical that Wallace and not the deep threat Wallace is either. Gilmore matches up ALOT better with these kind of WR's than the burners cuz he tends to bite on some double moves and gives up some of those 50/50 balls where it seems Graham just has a knack for breaking them up.