Insights Gleaned from the SEA-GB Game

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that what you saw from Harvin is a lot like what you will see from Watkins. Sammy plays a lot like Harvin but is more physical and a little bigger. That is really exciting to me.

Agreed. Watching the game last night I could not help but think you are correct here. Let's hope Hackett has similar plays up his sleeve for Watkins!

You like the Packers' rookie TE? Cool!

Seattle dominates the LoS on both offense and defense. Old fashioned football still works. Ask Peyton Manning.

Their interior o-linemen just look strong and athletic. I know we brag about having one of the biggest lines in football, but I have to wonder if we are not targeting the right kind of linemen.

If Seattle is the benchmark, then the NFL is flush with 31 poor teams.

It's more than impressive when a team can make Aaron Rodgers look like just an okay QB. More teams are going to attempt to copy the Seahawks' winning formula.

Bwx7b_vIUAAt8D_.png

Repeat after me. The Bills won this trade! The Bills won this trade!! The Bills won this trade!!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Seattle played an outstanding game in every phase and looks like the best team out there, by far. However, did any of you really think the Packers were going to win? Until they solve their massive problems along with offensive line, it does not matter how good Rodgers plays. He is a sitting duck back there and will be all season.

It's more than impressive when a team can make Aaron Rodgers look like just an okay QB. More teams are going to attempt to copy the Seahawks' winning formula.

Bwx7b_vIUAAt8D_.png

Repeat after me. The Bills won this trade! The Bills won this trade!! The Bills won this trade!!!

If Lynch played like this for the Bills, but he didn't. He wanted out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

One thing I noticed from the Seattle defense, on top of their absolute dominance, was that their tackling technique was textbook. This past off-season, they took a page out of the Rugby-for-dummies textbook and instilled it in their defense. This technique helps to cut back on injuries and also penalties. In the game of rugby, players are required to wrap up their tackles, and are penalized for leading or charging with their shoulder. Pretty interesting read.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/aug/02/seattle-seahawks-coach-pete-carroll-tackles-safety-rugby