CeeeeJayyyy listed as top KR

YoloinOhio

Right up until we lose him to injury?

I think that this regime is rolling out all the stops to try to win games with an inexperienced, project QB at the helm. "win now" mode doesn't usually go hand in hand with developing a raw QB. Combine that with they have nice depth at RB that they have never had before and probably a desire to keep Goodwin healthy as a deep threat - plus they don't even know if CJ will be here long term. Might as well get out of him what you can, now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right up until we lose him to injury?

Sure, why not--is he a precious flower? What are we saving him for? 12.5 carries and 2 catches a game?

He's a first round pick. In college his value was as a returner and a scat back. About time they really put him to work. He will never be a feature back.. If he gets hurt, next up.....just like last year. In fact, we are even more deep at RB this year.

What a sad way to view the impending season.

What is it that you have seen about Marrone....even one thing.....that would make you feel differently? I want to feel differently but I see a useless blowhard of a coach flailing about blaming everyone but himself. I know he is trying, but when things don't work he thrashes.

How do you view him? Do you think he would sacrifice CJ to keep Crossman?

What is it that you have seen about Marrone....even one thing.....that would make you feel differently? I want to feel differently but I see a useless blowhard of a coach flailing about blaming everyone but himself. I know he is trying, but when things don't work he thrashes.

How do you view him? Do you think he would sacrifice CJ to keep Crossman?

I'm not enamored with Marrone. He has a lot to prove as an NFL HC. I'm hoping this team will play with passion for him and the rest of the coaches. He'll be fine if he can get the most out of the talent on hand. If not, he'll be gone, but I'll let 2015 take care of itself. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy this season as much as the Bills allow me to.

I'm not enamored with Marrone. He has a lot to prove as an NFL HC. I'm hoping this team will play with passion for him and the rest of the coaches. He'll be fine if he can get the most out of the talent on hand. If not, he'll be gone, but I'll let 2015 take care of itself. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy this season as much as the Bills allow me to.

Actually Marrone is not all of the problem. Not a fan of Hatchet being OC.

But we shall talk after the game this Sunday about that, and I'm sure we will have lots to discuss on that subject.

That's ok I guess but I prefer him as a KR. He can't do both? He has fluid moves at full speed. I'm not sure I see the quickness with him as a PR.

McKelvin has never been a kick returner. Punt returns are much different. These are very often different people.

I have hope too, just not expectations. Maybe if I forget we even have a coach and just watch that is my best shot. I just can't even imagine a scenario where this boob becomes some sort of viable coach.

McKelvin has never been a kick returner. Punt returns are much different. These are very often different people.

He was very good until that one game. IIRC he was touted coming out of college too. He is very fast; almost Goodwin fast.

What's the difference in CJ, breaking open a 20 yard run, at full speed and getting tackled AND returning a kickoff and getting tackled?

Yes, the guys on kickoff are coming at him full speed, but IMO thats no different than a Safety coming up from his safety spot, so he has a head of steam, and meeting CJ in he hole or outside.

He's a RB, should be used to and built for taking bigger hits and knows how to absorb the hits.

I'm shocked. When the depth chart was first released people thought it was a gimmick to get Chicago thinking differently, but it's actually true! This just reeks of desperation and shows lack of confidence in the offense.

seattle is using Earl Thomas on punt returns, which is far more dangerous. Are they desperate as well, with no confidence in the offense?