CeeeeJayyyy listed as top KR

YoloinOhio

seattle is using Earl Thomas on punt returns, which is far more dangerous. Are they desperate as well, with no confidence in the offense?

I dont think it has anything to do w/ injury risk. Can someone show me data which points to kick returns being more dangerous than plays from scrimmage? I think it's about not having a guy on the offense get tired out by returning kicks. Hence thats why you have defenders like Thomas and McKelvin returning. Since CJ's proper role is that of utility guy anyway, it's not important if he needs a breather for the first few downs of a possession

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it has anything to do w/ injury risk. Can someone show me data which points to kick returns being more dangerous than plays from scrimmage? I think it's about not having a guy on the offense get tired out by returning kicks. Hence thats why you have defenders like Thomas and McKelvin returning. Since CJ's proper role is that of utility guy anyway, it's not important if he needs a breather for the first few downs of a possession

right, he isn't an every down back anyway. I say use him to his fullest potential and I wish they had done this sooner. I anticipate they feel more comfortable with Bryce Brown on the team now, though. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have no problem with this. As far as I am aware, kick returners do not get injured at any higher rate than running backs. As for being available for the first offensive snap after the kickoff return, if he is too winded to be out there - then it means he had a nice long return.

I have no problem with this. As far as I am aware, kick returners do not get injured at any higher rate than running backs. As for being available for the first offensive snap after the kickoff return, if he is too winded to be out there - then it means he had a nice long return.

this! Plus, CJ appears to be in phenomenal shape. That whole winded thing is overblown. Also maybe they will call something other than a handoff to him up the middle as the 1st play of the series ;)

this! Plus, CJ appears to be in phenomenal shape. That whole winded thing is overblown. Also maybe they will call something other than a handoff to him up the middle as the 1st play of the series ;)

They take TV timeouts after every kickoff... so it's not like he won't have a moment to catch his breath and get a drink.