Fantasy Football Help!

For everybody who knows how this works, I could use some help.

I was asked by a friend to join his league at like the last second. Needless to say I have never played fantasy football before. So if anyone can give some tips that would be great! ( sleeper players, which round to pick which player In, top players, etc.) And for goodness sake! Just how does this all work! My draft is soon...

Thanks guys

For everybody who knows how this works, I could use some help.

I was asked by a friend to join his league at like the last second. Needless to say I have never played fantasy football before. So if anyone can give some tips that would be great! ( sleeper players, which round to pick which player In, top players, etc.) And for goodness sake! Just how does this all work! My draft is soon...

Thanks guys

get a good qb.

Make sure you understand the scoring rules and draft accordingly. Biggest potential variations are in how many of each position you can start each week, and also if it's a PPR (point per reception) league. If it is a PPR league, players will get some points for # of receptions, whereas non-ppr leagues just count yardage and actual scoring.

Prioritize the top 3 quarterbacks and the top 10 running backs. If those become quickly unavailable (ie. you draft toward the end of the first round) get yourself a couple elite WRs.

If you're picking first overall, probably go with LeSean McCoy.

As somebody said, go for a kicker in the last round. Defense too, unless you want to absolutely make sure you get Seattle.

Some of my sleepers: Devonta Freeman, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson

Oh, and if you can stomach taking Patriots, try to get Shane Vereen in the 4th round. He'll have his share of 20 point games this season.

Typically choose RB's with your first and maybe even second pick unless you're drafting late in 1st round, then go either for a great QB or WR

You know it's funny you mention that as I was drafting my team last week, I was getting nervous as I seemed to be selecting a high percentage of white guys.

Caucasian Sensation

Aaron Rodgers

Jordy Nelson

Toby Gerhart

Wes Welker

Rob Gronkowski

Jordan Cameron

Eric Decker

Danny Woodhead

If you pick in the top 5, you should be able to get all of these players with ease.

Represent the minority.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

You know it's funny you mention that as I was drafting my team last week, I was getting nervous as I seemed to be selecting a high percentage of white guys.

I did it in my 4th league that I don't really care about. It'd be funny if I actually won or even did good. I misses out on Nelson, though. Trying to trade for him.

Prioritize the top 3 quarterbacks and the top 10 running backs. If those become quickly unavailable (ie. you draft toward the end of the first round) get yourself a couple elite WRs.

If you're picking first overall, probably go with LeSean McCoy.

As somebody said, go for a kicker in the last round. Defense too, unless you want to absolutely make sure you get Seattle.

Some of my sleepers: Devonta Freeman, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson

Oh, and if you can stomach taking Patriots, try to get Shane Vereen in the 4th round. He'll have his share of 20 point games this season.

I drafted Ertz in all my leagues. I think he's going to break out. Just a hunch.

Another good strategy is to focus on getting wide receivers from offenses that put up a lot of yards and points.

It's often tempting to take a WR from Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, etc. because they have #1 status, but it's a safer bet to take the #2 or #3 option from Denver, Dallas, etc. Emmanuel Sanders will score more points than Sammy Watkins.

I did it in my 4th league that I don't really care about. It'd be funny if I actually won or even did good. I misses out on Nelson, though. Trying to trade for him.

I drafted Ertz in all my leagues. I think he's going to break out. Just a hunch.

Strong chance he's the next Gronk. Some players are steering clear because the Eagles still use Celek on most downs, but Ertz is a serious red zone threat. I think he scores double digit TDs even if he doesn't break 800 yards.

Make sure you understand the scoring rules and draft accordingly. Biggest potential variations are in how many of each position you can start each week, and also if it's a PPR (point per reception) league. If it is a PPR league, players will get some points for # of receptions, whereas non-ppr leagues just count yardage and actual scoring.

So Bills RB's and WR will light up a PPR league with 2 and 3 yd check downs for -2 yds.