How can you not at least root for Manual?

Upon reading the Buffalo News article I am rooting so hard for this guy. I know many are doubting the future but he's a very young guy trying to do things the right way at least and trying to be positive. I hope everyone is a little patient and supportive. There are so many QBs teams give up on that turn into solid players after a few years and I hope we don't miss out on that by giving up on a young player too early.

Because he flat sucks. We are tired of **** QB's in Buffalo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon reading the Buffalo News article I am rooting so hard for this guy. I know many are doubting the future but he's a very young guy trying to do things the right way at least and trying to be positive. I hope everyone is a little patient and supportive. There are so many QBs teams give up on that turn into solid players after a few years and I hope we don't miss out on that by giving up on a young player too early.

Who on here isn't rooting for him?

Just because many including me have serious doubts about him doesn't mean we are not rooting for him

Who on here isn't rooting for him?

Just because many including me have serious doubts about him doesn't mean we are not rooting for him

Read the post I quoted above you.

Great breakdown for us all dude.

Question: how does Palmers throwing motion and footwork look on BB.com? Pretty solid right?

How can you even take yourself serious? Do you really think you are capable of evaluation after writing that? Go back and read it. Then take a second and reflect on your yourself and your life.

In case you forgot. This is what YOU. The authority on EJ Manuel Sucking said about a guy, Palmer, who threw 4 picks and got cut in one day:

looking at footwork, play action, and the way he delivers the ball..... Good thing there is no 'Open Competition' for EJ lol. I will LMAO if he comes in and tears the Lions a new one and looks better than anyone we have had in awhile.

So do us all a favor get over yourself and your suspect evaluation skills. You are irrational in your hate for EJ even if you pretend you aren't.

Edited by buffaloriles

The BBMB is rife with threads wanting Orton, a quality backup who doesn't know the playbook, to start week one.

I am not certain what can fully explain it, but there is an irrational and ugly factor regarding EJ Manuel. He was drafted as a project. I believe he is progressing. Some people are so invested in being right about EJ being a failure (after what, ten games?) that I honestly think it's pretty clear they are rooting for him to fail. They don't want to be pleasantly surprised. They want some trivial vanity associated with pronouncements on an internet messageboard to be vindicated over stellar play from a young man of outstanding character who happens to be qb for the team they claim to care about.

The BBMB is rife with threads wanting Orton, a quality backup who doesn't know the playbook, to start week one.

I am not certain what can fully explain it, but there is an irrational and ugly factor regarding EJ Manuel. He was drafted as a project. I believe he is progressing. Some people are so invested in being right about EJ being a failure (after what, ten games?) that I honestly think it's pretty clear they are rooting for him to fail. They don't want to be pleasantly surprised. They want some trivial vanity associated with pronouncements on an internet messageboard to be vindicated over stellar play from a young man of outstanding character who happens to be qb for the team they claim to care about.

Perfectly stated.

Edited by LeGOATski

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

How can I not root for him? Easy. To be on the field, barely move the chains. Miss open receivers on third down. Miss wide open receivers on near big plays. Not score touchdowns. And then say after the game 'I did good". "Coaches said I did good".

Seriously?

Give me a break. I want a winner, not this garbage.

Or like what we saw last year. He'll throw a TD to Woods in the first quarter and the two of them laughing, jumping around and such, then lose the game by three scores.

Manuel said he watched film of Brady in the offseason. Did he happen to see how Brady reacts when things aren't going well? That's what a good QB does. Doesn't accept sh*tty play by anyone.

Have a nice day.

How can I not root for him? Easy. To be on the field, barely move the chains. Miss open receivers on third down. Miss wide open receivers on near big plays. Not score touchdowns. And then say after the game 'I did good". "Coaches said I did good".

Seriously?

Give me a break. I want a winner, not this garbage.

Or like what we saw last year. He'll throw a TD to Woods in the first quarter and the two of them laughing, jumping around and such, then lose the game by three scores.

Manuel said he watched film of Brady in the offseason. Did he happen to see how Brady reacts when things aren't going well? That's what a good QB does. Doesn't accept sh*tty play by anyone.

Have a nice day.

I can't wait to see you show your face when things are going well.

Have a bad day.

Edited by buffaloriles

Boom.

Making it more madding is that everyone KNOWS he's going to be be our starter this year. Why not at least root for the best, rather than proclaim failure before the season even starts? To each his own I guess, but doesn't seem like a fun way to view life...

Just wanted to say, Capaldi is a nice change from Matt Smith, who I never liked in the role. But he got a bit better when Moffett handed over the writing for some of the later episodes. Still, not my kind of doctor---and that opening with Amy? Sucked! Moffet's still a problem, but hopefully he will be less involved with the actual writing of the episodes.

Wait, this isn't a Doctor Who forum? My bad.

BTW, good post.

If you are Bills fan you have to root for him. Benching him for Orton gets us no where; the kid either needs to sink or swim. Regardless if I think he will sink or not is irrelevant; I simply want the Bills to win. EJ not working out is infinitely worse for the Bills...

If you are Bills fan you have to root for him. Benching him for Orton gets us no where; the kid either needs to sink or swim. Regardless if I think he will sink or not is irrelevant; I simply want the Bills to win. EJ not working out is infinitely worse for the Bills...

Back on the meds, i see.

Where does this "project" crap come from? since when is the 1st QB taken a "project".

Back on the meds, i see.

Am I concerned about him? Of course. The preseason left a lot to be desired. I don't expect gmae planning, but I would like to see some area of growth from last year - didn't really see it. You do expect to see some jump from a second year player, whether in a PS game or training camp -seems like not much has changed...

Does all of this cause me to root against him? Not at all...He is a Bill and you pull for your players.

We like to deal with absolutes on this board. If you criticize a player you are a hater won't be happy until you are proven right and they are cut. The other side is you are so blinded with hope you are a homer. That is short-sighted and quite frankly stupid...

Project isn't the right term, I agree. But he wasn't seen, perhaps, as polished and NFL ready as some coming out of college--but he was seen to have a very big upside by many.

In a perfect world, the Bills would have had him sit behind a veteran QB for a season (or even half-season), But that vet never made it to the field. So in he went.

Now he's the guy. At this point, pulling him isn't the answer, most likely. He's had some time to mature, learn the playbook and we'll see what he's got. I just hope the OL gives him a shot to perform.